IGNORED

Bailey Wright knee scan

class not gas

Wonder if this might be the game Lee reverts to a back 3 / 5, something like:

Fielding

Flint, Baker, Magnússon 

Brownhill, Walsh, Pack, Smith, Bryan

Reid, Paterson

Subs: Steele, Vyner, Kelly, Kent, Eliason, Woodrow, Diedhiou (think he might be ready for the 18) or Hinds.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Fielding

Flint, Baker, Magnússon 

Reid, Paterson

Subs: Steele, Vyner, Kelly, Kent, Eliason, Woodrow, Diedhiou (think he might be ready for the 18) or Hinds.

Yep. Why not. That could actually confuse Derby. I like.

4 hours ago, Super said:

Just seen on twitter from LJ press conference

LJ: “Bailey Wright has had a scan on his knee and we’ll have to see how that comes out. Famara is back in training but we’ll have to see how comfortable he is. Matty Taylor has a slight hernia issue and Gustav Engvall has a hip problem.

Honestly what the ****. This isn’t bad luck anymore. 

Is anyone having a word with our physio/sports science/rehab teams? This is unbelievable?!?!?

49 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

He has played Brownhill at right back before so could see that happening with Kent coming in on the wing potentially?

Or Smith dropping back with Brownhill, Pack, Paterson and Bryan making up the midfield and someone up top with Bobby.

There are options but certainly not ideal given our current form.

9 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

I expect Korey will fill in at right back v Derby moving Josh inside with Walsh/Pack and playing Kent on the right

Yeah, to both of you.  Had stupidly thought that if Korey moved to RB, we’d miss a gritty midfielder in the centre (I haven’t seen Walsh apart from the 20 mins v MC on tv), but forgot about Josh :grr:

Was it Huddersfield last season on Sky where Smith playec really well at RB?  But then didn’t he have a poor one the game after?

I’ll refresh my side thanks to your promptings.  I’ve turned into Tinkerman just like @spudski :whistle:

Fielding;

Smith, Flint, Baker, Magnússon;

Eliasson, Brownhill, Pack, Bryan;

Paterson;

Reid;

Subs: Steele, Vyner, Kelly, Walsh, Kent, Woodrow, Diedhiou/Hinds

A think Eliasson should start ahead of Walsh and Kent if we playing a standard right midfield/winger

3 hours ago, simon uk said:

Agreed with the comment above about the high press game, we really need a lot of squad depth to sustain that over a season,,,, and we just dont have it.... seeing the list of derby strikers while we are persevering with bobby reid running mile after mile every week just shows how miraculous our run has been.

Yes just read this on BBC site re Derby’s signing of Cameron Jerome today:

‘Derby, who are second in the Championship, table, already have numerous attacking options with Matej Vydra, Sam Winnall, David Nugent, Darren Bent, Chris Martin, Johnny Russell, Tom Lawrence, Andreas Weimann and Mason Bennett in their squad.’

Amazing we are competing really. 

5 hours ago, CliftonCliff said:

Jesus! How much bloody worse can it get? I know injuries are part and parcel of the game, but with luck like this you would scarcely be surprised if we were in the relegation zone, never mind the play-offs. Don’t think I’ve ever known a run quite like it.

It makes it even more amazing that we are positioned as well as we are !!!!!!

55 minutes ago, eardun said:

‘Derby, who are second in the Championship, table, already have numerous attacking options with Matej Vydra, Sam Winnall, David Nugent, Darren Bent, Chris Martin, Johnny Russell, Tom Lawrence, Andreas Weimann and Mason Bennett in their squad.’

And they are using two of them wide so if we go 352 I can see us often being 5 at the back and struggling to compete further forward.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Fielding

Flint, Baker, Magnússon 

Reid, Paterson

How about swooping Brownhill & Korey ?

Not sure people have clocked how well Bailey Wright has actually done at RB. Rarely goals come from down his side, not the best going forward, but he's been absolutely solid for us.

Could be a massive loss this, Smiths presence will be missed in midfield if he's moved back there. I really hope Brownhill isn't, Barnsley away last season you got to see how much he wasn't a right back & he hasn't played there since. 

Need a new one desperately. Yiadom from Barnsley would signal real intent, a lot of Prem teams were after him in the summer. 

9 hours ago, eardun said:

DON’T mention that Derby have signed an experienced striker on high wages - once @tinman85 finds out we’ll never hear the end of it!

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

Not sure people have clocked how well Bailey Wright has actually done at RB. Rarely goals come from down his side, not the best going forward, but he's been absolutely solid for us.

Could be a massive loss this, Smiths presence will be missed in midfield if he's moved back there. I really hope Brownhill isn't, Barnsley away last season you got to see how much he wasn't a right back & he hasn't played there since. 

Need a new one desperately. Yiadom from Barnsley would signal real intent, a lot of Prem teams were after him in the summer. 

Agree with this, not easy for a CB to go and play at RB but he has done a fantastic job.

3 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

And what if it doesn’t?

Only 18 month contract so if they don't get promoted he is there for one more season only.

Other option obviously is to sell him.

I see Warnock is quoted this morning saying that he expects a 'big' signing for them today, speculation is that it's Grabbon.....

5 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Only 18 month contract so if they don't get promoted he is there for one more season only.

Other option obviously is to sell him.

I see Warnock is quoted this morning saying that he expects a 'big' signing for them today, speculation is that it's Grabbon.....

Grujic from Liverpool was doing the rounds on twitter this morning. Great signing that.

5 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

DON’T mention that Derby have signed an experienced striker on high wages - once @tinman85 finds out we’ll never hear the end of it!

They tried that before with Bent didn’t they ?

Vyner off on loan and BW injured, have we signed a fullback yet :whistle:

Archived