IGNORED

Engvall hip injury

Wolf Island

Its all a bit weird with him isn't it.. just the sight of his name makes me start to shake my head. He might come good but christ can anyone see it happening here, like really? Seems like it would be best for all partys if a deal could be done to move him out of AG. 

9 minutes ago, Super said:

He just needs to go back to sweden hasnt worked out for him or us. 

But the teams in Sweden 1) won’t pay the transfer fee or 2) the wages, and we aren’t likely to mutually cancel his contract.  Of course, you may mean a loan, in which case, sorry, I’m being an arse  :P

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

But the teams in Sweden 1) won’t pay the transfer fee or 2) the wages, and we aren’t likely to mutually cancel his contract.  Of course, you may mean a loan, in which case, sorry, I’m being an arse  :P

Best bet is Holland or France imo 

44 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Not sure if this is a joke or not. People think it's his fault he has picked up an injury? 

Semi permanent sick note though isn’t he. Looked like he was carrying extra timber the other day too. The two could be linked. I seem to remember one of LJ’s reservations was his strength but haven’t seen any changes that would suggest time spent in the gym. For an example of what can be done just look at Bobby or Joe.

I've become ambivalent at the mention of his name tbh

However I do trust LJ and his assistants and I guess you have to accept that for every Brownhill, Pato, COD and Luke Steel you're gonna have an Engvall, Lucic & Taylor Moore. Although TM could yet step up

I guess it's the nature of our now accepted transfer policy of buying young potential. For one reason or another It's not always fulfilled.

6 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

I've become ambivalent at the mention of his name tbh

However I do trust LJ and his assistants and I guess you have to accept that for every Brownhill, Pato, COD and Luke Steel you're gonna have an Engvall, Lucic & Taylor Moore. Although TM could yet step up

I guess it's the nature of our now accepted transfer policy of buying young potential. For one reason or another It's not always fullied.

Exactly. Or think of the return on Kodjia and offset against any loss on Engvall. 

2 hours ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Honestly this lad is beyond a joke now. Weak body weak mind. Worth the gamble to sign him but time to get rid now. :mf_sleep:

One could argue the same about Djuric. Seems very injury prone. So much for the hope he would be back 3 weeks from his operation.  Striker badly needed in January, if Bobby gets an injury we are in trouble.  

1 hour ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Semi permanent sick note though isn’t he. Looked like he was carrying extra timber the other day too. The two could be linked. I seem to remember one of LJ’s reservations was his strength but haven’t seen any changes that would suggest time spent in the gym. For an example of what can be done just look at Bobby or Joe.

Yeh right- the same Bobby who on these very pages ( before Plymuff) had such a bad attitude that he was non league at best and poor old Joe who was born for League 1?

Engvall will not have come to BCFC in order to go back on loan to Sweden or anywhere else and he will not have wanted to get injured.He's proved he can score goals at the highest level in Sweden ( whatever level that is), he's never bad mouthed City or Lee but has never been given any run in the team and is still very young.....

Oh - by the way- the other waste of spaces we have of the same age ( 20 yrs old) playing at a lower level than Gus has been is Johnny Smith of Fylde and Shaun McCoulsky. Let's get rid of them as well. I mean: they just constantly get loaned out.

I just don't get why Gus is always singled out as the  mistake and these guys don't.... unless it's to do with the transfer fee in which case that says more about OTIB than it does the player.

10 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Can anyone name anything Gus has done to earn a contract here? Rip it up. Get rid. Move on. 

Errm, showed signs of talent in the Swedish league which led to us offering him a legally binding contract of fixed length? You cannot 'rip it up' without his consent, which he absolutely rightly would not give. It's the man's livelihood for Christ's sake, it might not have worked out for him here but there's no need to spout such moronic drivel.

He'll leave if a club makes a reasonable offer, and if they don't, he might get a chance to prove everyone wrong here. Who knows. 'Rip it up' - what utter nonsense.

Archived