IGNORED

Would we be upset If we didn't make the play offs

Ayteomike2

I think a more pertinent question is, would we be upset if don't make the play-offs and then lose half our team. I'd be disappointed if we don't make the play-offs now, but I'd be mortified if that led to a general rape of our talent. If we retained everyone, then I have no problem where we finish this season, but I suspect a few are already harbouring grand ideas for their future (and I don't blame them, either). 

The problem with our young blood strategy is that young blood by its very nature is bold and ambitious - they seek immediate glory and rewards. If we can't offer that, then sure as hell they'll want to go somewhere that does. One extra season, and giving it a real go next year, might seem logical to us, but to young lads it doesn't. Again, I wouldn't blame anyone for wanting to leave if we don't make the play-offs / win promotion, etc. Their careers are short. For this reason, we should be looking to add in a few experienced names; established players and names with the desire to make their last days count. We need that blend more than ever. 

5 hours ago, Ayteomike2 said:

Is the horrible bristol sport board calling in anyone to account for last night well not only that last Saturday and the season as a whole and is there a plan b if we go down which players would want to stay with us 

Has someone been playing the "Just keep pressing the middle option" predictive text game?

E.g. a ticket for me and you and all sold to a ticket for the Man City game in a fortnight can be you fancy it was the first to go down and of January and Darren was on about taking his gold racquets with you okuma.

The great thing about posting whilst under some sort of influence is you think you have just written something worthy of Shakespeare that will be revered - then you wake up in the cold light of day to see you did not quite hit the mark !!

1 hour ago, Red Homer said:

Has someone been playing the "Just keep pressing the middle option" predictive text game?

E.g. a ticket for me and you and all sold to a ticket for the Man City game in a fortnight can be you fancy it was the first to go down and of January and Darren was on about taking his gold racquets with you okuma.

I can do it to your face of a lot of the language of you are there for a week until they are you going to do it to your face of the time in my life on the way home now in madrid on Friday morning or Wednesday at least one more season.

I'll have a go at translating.

8 hours ago, Ayteomike2 said:

Is the horrible bristol sport board calling in anyone to account for last night well not only that last Saturday and the season as a whole and is there a plan b if we go down which players would want to stay with us 

Are the board holding anyone to account for our recent performances. After all this season may be our last chance for a while if we fail to go up and lose key players. There must be a Plan B in which we can keep our players by either going up or selling them a vision.

8 hours ago, Ayteomike2 said:

If we didn't this season with the injured players we have can come back stronger next or do we go out and stike whilst the iron is hot and go all out5

That said we have had really bad luck with injuries this year, so do we hope we keep all our players in the summer, should we remain in the Championship, or should we spend big now to try and push us over the line.

To not make the play offs now after the season weve had will be a let down... the fact its still a tactic of ours to have to push flint up front because weve got no one fit capable of doing the job doesnt reflect at all well on the club where fans have turned up in force to support it...  

2 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I think at this stage, yes I would be disappointed to miss out on the playoffs because it would mean a poor second half of the season and letting slip what was a seven point cushion from 7th place at one stage.

Agree, I think at the start of the season that a top 10 finish would be a fantastic season, a top six personally would have been unthinkable. 

However, where we are in the middle of January a finish outside of the top six would be a disappointment. I don’t think we will finish top two , but I expect us to finish top six. 

Archived