IGNORED

Zak Vyner

GrahamC

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Gregor McGregor reporting he is joining Argyle on loan, with Wright not 100% must surely signal an arrival at RB?

Yep, must mean one's coming in.

Someone reliable on here who had some inside info said they'd heard that Zak wants a loan but wasn't allowed as he's needed for cover.

Will be good for him. Has all the physical attributes but lacks the experience at the moment.

2 hours ago, Calculus said:

Maybe it just signals that LJ doesn't think he's ready for the Championship yet and needs game time. A loan to Argyle did Bobby no end of good and am sure it will be good for Zak.

LJ actually said in November that Vyner wouldn't be going out on loan (the player wanted to) as he was required as cover due to Pisano's injury, so I think it's safe to assume an arrival at RB is imminent. 

3 hours ago, Calculus said:

Maybe it just signals that LJ doesn't think he's ready for the Championship yet and needs game time. A loan to Argyle did Bobby no end of good and am sure it will be good for Zak.

Joe Bryan also had a stint there, didn’t he? Zak could do a lot worse.

3 hours ago, Spoons said:

He was actually all right in the first loan spell. So much so I was ok with club selling Luke Ayling as I was more than happy with Matthews! Hindsight is a wonderful thing! 

I thought  it was interesting to hear Joe Bryan talking about him prior to the Sunderland game and saying he would be a difficult opponent.

He said that he was clearly a good player that things didn't work out for here for personal reasons. Now I know that players tend to be diplomatic when interviewed about other players, but he went on to say that he was possibly his best mate during his spell here.

I might be wrong ( I often am) but Matthews was perceived as being lazy and stealing a wage when here, but I would have thought that the rest of the players would turn against someone like that.

Just made me wonder if we misread him as a player and whether there were other reasons for his form.

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I thought  it was interesting to hear Joe Bryan talking about him prior to the Sunderland game and saying he would be a difficult opponent.

He said that he was clearly a good player that things didn't work out for here for personal reasons. Now I know that players tend to be diplomatic when interviewed about other players, but he went on to say that he was possibly his best mate during his spell here.

I might be wrong ( I often am) but Matthews was perceived as being lazy and stealing a wage when here, but I would have thought that the rest of the players would turn against someone like that.

Just made me wonder if we misread him as a player and whether there were other reasons for his form.

Perhaps he had a liking for late nights and a few shandies?

Archived