IGNORED

Zak Vyner

GrahamC

9 hours ago, Spoons said:

?? Mags or Kent in. Where not right back.

9 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Was about to post the same.....

Guessing as a result of shuffling Korey to RB...

Either:

Walsh to CM, Paterson behind Bobby, Bryan up to LM, Mags in at LB, or:

Brownhill to CM, Kent in at RM.

Lee certainly needs to do something different to stop the rot.

He also needs to spend some time on making the most of set pieces. In some games, these are the difference between 1 point or 3 or 0 points or 1.  We seem quite weak in this area and short corners are 100% wasted as things stand.

We also need to be more willing to shoot on sight. Even if they don't go in, deflections and parrys by the goalkeeper will lead to chances in the second phase.

Finally, we have been starting games well with lots of pressing, but that pressing is tailing off within 15 or 20 minutes.

Derek Adams has said

"He said: “He had to stay at Bristol City for their last two cup games.

“Bristol City were waiting to get a player in before they released him, and they have been able to do that.

“He’s a player I have tried to sign a few times. Bristol City like him as a player and he’s come here to get some game-time.""

20 minutes ago, Buckeyed said:

Derek Adams has said

“Bristol City were waiting to get a player in before they released him, and they have been able to do that.

“He’s a player I have tried to sign a few times. Bristol City like him as a player and he’s come here to get some game-time.""

Joe Bryan, Bobby Reid and Garita all appear to have benefited to varying degrees from time on loan there. It seems clear from Adams' comments that he rates him and is likely to give him game time, having apparently tried to get him in earlier but been thwarted by our need for cover here. He will be playing at a decent level and one can only see it doing him good. If it helps to improve him to a comparable extent to Joe and Bobby we will have a player on our hands within a year or so. Positive move for all concerned.

2 hours ago, Ben4BCFC said:

Anyone else think that the long silence on Pisano could actually be him closer to a return than expected? I wouldn't be surprised if he's fit very soon.

LJ said last Saturday that he’s undergoing treatment still back in Italy. 

21 hours ago, Buckeyed said:

Derek Adams has said

Have I missed the "player in"? Surely it's not Walsh or Kent? Kent means Bryan can play left-back but does not get us a right-back. Walsh means Smith could cover if we were desperate which is clearly different thing...

24 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Have I missed the "player in"? Surely it's not Walsh or Kent? Kent means Bryan can play left-back but does not get us a right-back. Walsh means Smith could cover if we were desperate which is clearly different thing...

I agree, I think it’s someone new coming in.  No idea who.

This is a good move for Vyner. A similar loan might do Lloyd Kelly some good too. LJ often talks about both players and their physical attributes which are ideal for centre half.

Both are well over 6ft, quick, athletic and are yet to fill out properly. It's such an important position and it's great to see two young centre halves developing where one is a natural leftie and one right footed. That balance is essential in any good pairing in my opinion.

I don't think Vyner is championship level yet, and LJ talking about his need to learn the tricks of the trade was interesting. Plymouth has been a great developing ground for our players with Bryan, Reid and of course Garita going there and coming back having developed very nicely.

Archived