IGNORED

Favourite ' mistress ' clubs

Major Isewater

West Ham,my old man always told me the were the academy of football,that was until we played them at Ashton in the 90’s,boring 0-0 ,they showed a total lack of interest in attacking and just sat back,academy of football my arse,that killed off any interest in them. 

As a kid in the 80's I had a thing for Tottenham. A really great side.

I always had a soft spot for Coventry (before I even knew about the City connection) and still look out for their score.

The 1987 FA Cup final was outstanding.

Finally a Northern Irish mate of mine when I was in the Navy was a huge Coleraine fan so I always look for their result in the Sunday papers.

57 minutes ago, ptr6 said:

Odd, same for me - the tangerines.

You ever seen a game before or is it more of a casual interest? Not been a great few years, could well see some of the better players (Fraser) moving on, promotion or not.

10 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

You ever seen a game before or is it more of a casual interest? Not been a great few years, could well see some of the better players (Fraser) moving on, promotion or not.

Never. Early 70’s Leeds (I know) supporter, Peter Lorimer my favourite player and he came from Dundee. Then 19th Feb 74 happened.....

Casual, but once had a scarf !

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I think a lot of people my age had/have a soft spot for Liverpool, seeing them in europe on free to air tv all the time helped. Personally I loved the Tottenham team around that time, Glenn Hoddle was my favourite play and then they signed Ardiles and Ricardo Villa, they were just great to watch much like now.

Same. Dad was a Tottenham fan, and that was the first Tottenham team I remember. Wonderful side

Make no mistake though, I'd want us to ******* hammer them should we ever cross paths

Non league it's Hereford, all Dad's side of the family are Hereford, and Gloucester City

A good mate of mine is a die hard Swansea fan; and over the past few years that we've known each other, I've grown to be pretty fond of them. It helps that his hatred for Cardiff is as strong as mine, and in turn, he has developed a love for us and a pretty strong dislike for the G*s. Tammy being there was a nice bonus too, and they're actually one of the few teams that got promoted from the Championship that I had no gripes with. Some of the best football I've seen from a league rival played at AG the year they went up.

Swansea for me. Lived there for 3 years (uni) when they were at their lowest ebb and still at the Vetch. Student tickets were a fiver so I went every game. I witnessed the Tony Petty affair first-hand - an Australian businessman who came in and tried to sack all the players. He unexpectedly showed up at a game and I’ve never seen such vitriol at a football match. Then I was there when they beat Hull 4-2 on the final day of the season to save their football league status, an unbelievable game. They were truly dreadful team but the fans were great. It’s been fantastic seeing their rise through the leagues. I went to the Liberty for the first time when they played us (0-0, not the infamous one!) and the club was unrecognisable, in the best way.

It also means I hate Cardiff (swim away!) twice as much as the rest of you!

52 minutes ago, ptr6 said:

Never. Early 70’s Leeds (I know) supporter, Peter Lorimer my favourite player and he came from Dundee. Then 19th Feb 74 happened.....

Casual, but once had a scarf !

If you ever get the chance I'd really recommend getting to a game, honestly think Dundonians are the nicest people about. Never had to buy a drink once I explained where I was from.

Norman Hunter and TC were in that Leeds side weren't they?

Part Italian, so quite fond of Napoli.

In case anyone thinks bandwagon jumper, first noticed them as a rising side in 2010/11 before they became a 'hipster football' side so yeah. :laugh: 

Went to a Roma game in August when on holiday out there and had a good time so I guess I'll keep an eye on their results. However Napoli it is as my 2nd side...

17 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

If you ever get the chance I'd really recommend getting to a game, honestly think Dundonians are the nicest people about. Never had to buy a drink once I explained where I was from.

Norman Hunter and TC were in that Leeds side weren't they?

Yes, and a certain Joe Jordan as a sub.

Why are Dundee Utd your mistress club?

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They certainly weren’t that nice after the Dundee Utd 2 Partick Thistle 2 game I went to in the 1990s....Thistle took thousands up there and it wasn’t pleasant in the streets outside Tannadice when we walked out...

There's always elements of that mind whatever club you go to, still maintain that I've never had any bother off anyone in Dundee.

What year was that?

Family in Ipswich & Soton, so I have a passing interest in their results. Due to some happy holidays, I also look out for Lowestoft in the Isthmian League.

Having lived in Peterborough longer than I did in Bristol (sob), I look out for the results of PUFC.

Archived