IGNORED

Pubs for tomorrow night in Bristol City centre

Lewis

7 minutes ago, KnowleUtd City said:

Sad state of affairs, but my lot were trying pub after pub to watch the Sheff Utd game a few weeks ago, Walkabout, The Crown, Fishmarket, all got told to do one ... Luckily the Naval Volunteer had it on, otherwise they were destined to get a cab to BS3 and miss the start of the game. Shambles in our home city really.

wow, I'm amazed to here Fishmarket didn't show it, whenever I'm back in Briz that's the pub I tend to end up in to watch whichever prem game might be on. Ridiculous to hear they refuse to show our own side. I'm guessing over the years there's been too many incidents in town between city and the gas. 

14 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

wow, I'm amazed to here Fishmarket didn't show it, whenever I'm back in Briz that's the pub I tend to end up in to watch whichever prem game might be on. Ridiculous to hear they refuse to show our own side. I'm guessing over the years there's been too many incidents in town between city and the gas. 

Yeah I was surprised at that one as well, apparently it was rammed in there with Friday night 'after work' crowd, so the lads got told that there was no football on.

Walkabout are tossers as well, any sunday there are plenty of students in there watching all the prem football, what will they do next year when we are a regular appearance on 'super sunday'?? haha ;-)

18 minutes ago, KnowleUtd City said:

Yeah I was surprised at that one as well, apparently it was rammed in there with Friday night 'after work' crowd, so the lads got told that there was no football on.

Walkabout are tossers as well, any sunday there are plenty of students in there watching all the prem football, what will they do next year when we are a regular appearance on 'super sunday'?? haha ;-)

I watched Liverpool v man U in there months back and it was packed out.

3 hours ago, Lewis said:

Was thinking about watching the game tomorrow night in the kingstreet brew house or possibly the crown, any other pubs people recommend for a good atmosphere and good old session on the beer watching us pick up 3pts? 

2 hours ago, Bernard Lerring said:

Good luck.

The general  apathy towards City by most of Bristols population  really hits home when you watch them in town. It's quite depressing 

Much better off heading to a pub in bs3 to be honest 

1 hour ago, KnowleUtd City said:

Sad state of affairs, but my lot were trying pub after pub to watch the Sheff Utd game a few weeks ago, Walkabout, The Crown, Fishmarket, all got told to do one ... Luckily the Naval Volunteer had it on, otherwise they were destined to get a cab to BS3 and miss the start of the game. Shambles in our home city really.

We watched the Sheffield United game in the Drawbridge (old Horn & Trumpet)

Plenty of screens, commentary & quite a few City in there. There was no problem with us going mental at the winner. 

Will be heading there again after work. Head to the back, behind the bar. 

1 hour ago, lgbbcf said:

the sports bar at the ground  is open Tuesday for fans that dont have a ticket for the game, unlike the man u game 

the match will be on the big screen and you dont need to pay to get in. 

Not showing tomorrow’s match though, because the egg chasers are at home. 

18 hours ago, lgbbcf said:

the sports bar at the ground  is open Tuesday for fans that dont have a ticket for the game, unlike the man u game 

the match will be on the big screen and you dont need to pay to get in. 

@myol'man you are correct. Access to the sports bar is only open to fans with tickets for the match on Tuesday evening. 

@lgbbcf would you mind telling me where you saw this information as it is incorrect, so we will need to get it taken down if it is publicised anywhere. 

Thanks 

Matt 

I had a mate who was back from Dubai last night, so big group off us we’re out in town, with our birds.

had consigned myself to not watching the game, then we ended up in king street brew house.

game was on, but such a sad state of affairs in our home town, seen more people in there watching united. And it was full off hipsters 

1 hour ago, Club and Country said:

I had a mate who was back from Dubai last night, so big group off us we’re out in town, with our birds.

had consigned myself to not watching the game, then we ended up in king street brew house.

game was on, but such a sad state of affairs in our home town, seen more people in there watching united. And it was full off hipsters 

Should have gone in the Drawbridge. Was decent in there. 

Archived