IGNORED

Mr Lansdown - up $75m today

Chairman Mao

13 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Hargreaves Lansdown have risen 4.45% today on the FTSE 100 and now have a market cap of over £9 billion. Maybe Steve (who is currently valued at $2.7bn) could take advantage of a good days work and put in a bid for Sanchez ;)

Who is to pocket more than a million quid per month in salary-post tax.

The game truly has gone nuts.

32 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

A reported £350,000 a week. What is the world coming to?

Reported £400,000 a week, so has risen more than SL's stake in HL in % terms. :)

Sanchez is a good player, but £20m + pa is completely bonkers and probably exceeds our total player wage budget!!!. Also read somewhere that if Man U sign him then part of the deal is that they will have to pay his agent £10m, making the agent  worth as much as Flinty! 

Agents = a scourge on the game.

39 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Reported £400,000 a week, so has risen more than SL's stake in HL in % terms. :)

Sanchez is a good player, but £20m + pa is completely bonkers and probably exceeds our total player wage budget!!!. Also read somewhere that if Man U sign him then part of the deal is that they will have to pay his agent £10m, making the agent  worth as much as Flinty! 

Tbf football is just catching up to the type of money players get in american sports. Football already has a bigger global fanbase than most of those sports. Imo, football is just realising how much money they can make. The players of course want their piece of it all. Whether you think it is good or bad I don’t think wages will be getting lower anytime soon. 

41 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I wish that I could find a link between his DNA and mine. I wouldn't want much of a stipend, erm Uncle Steve

Thought you had more of a stiffend Rudolph?

56 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Utterly bonkers, however... isn’t he out of contract in the summer, meaning the transfer fee will be massively reduced, compared to if he had 3 years left on it..?

I don’t know the figures, but in theory if his contracted market value would be say £60million these days and Manchester are getting him for half of his actual value, then that usually results in the agent getting their client astronomical wages. 

Agents are scum (mostly) but the real scourge on football was that tosser, Bosman, who went and gave the players (and their agents) all the power. 

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

Don’t get me wrong the money in the game is stupid

but if you were offered or asked you your boss for 400k a week and they said yeah you would be equally as stupid as the money in the game to turn it down. As players have said it’s a job and they (like us) want to earn as much as they can and I think that’s what people forget 

2 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Don’t get me wrong the money in the game is stupid

but if you were offered or asked you your boss for 400k a week and they said yeah you would be equally as stupid as the money in the game to turn it down. As players have said it’s a job and they (like us) want to earn as much as they can and I think that’s what people forget 

I don’t actually have a problem with players earning it, as long as the clubs can afford to pay it, without jeapordising their future. 

Anytime Manchester sign a Star player, even on absurd money, I bet they pretty much cover the cost with worldwide shirt sales and merchandising.

Thats football folks. If you don’t like it, blame Sky and those who subscribe to it. 

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don’t actually have a problem with players earning it, as long as the clubs can afford to pay it, without jeapordising their future. 

Anytime Manchester sign a Star player, even on absurd money, I bet they pretty much cover the cost with worldwide shirt sales and merchandising.

Thats football folks. If you don’t like it, blame Sky and those who subscribe to it. 

Aren't Manchester in absurd amounts of debt though? I really think its a myth that clubs can afford it, its a bit like the family next door with  the house the cars and all the other toys on the never never. I will all come crashing down sooner or later :yes:

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

I think when we played ManU, Pogba cost more than our entire squad plus the cost of redeveloping Ashton Gate (and the new training complex when it gets built too)!

£89.3M

9 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

I think when we played ManU, Pogba cost more than our entire squad plus the cost of redeveloping Ashton Gate (and the new training complex when it gets built too)!

£89.3M

Pogba's haircuts probably cost more than our squad!

8 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

£89.3M

To be fair he looked more like a Ford than a Ferrari, but that's what happens when you don't road test them first! ;)

27 minutes ago, bris red said:

Aren't Manchester in absurd amounts of debt though? I really think its a myth that clubs can afford it, its a bit like the family next door with  the house the cars and all the other toys on the never never. I will all come crashing down sooner or later :yes:

Let’s hope so..! 

• Admin
51 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

Ah but aren't US billions smaller than British billions?

Either way it's still a bit more than my pocket money stretches to

Yes he's only worth (a shade under) £2b :sweatingbullets:

Note that's proper billions, not "Al Qadi billions"

56 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

Sorry to be a pedant but the only burning question I have when you mention the SR Dinner is how long it took someone to open the barrier for you to exit the car park :whistle:

After numerous previous complaints the barrier was left open today.

Archived