IGNORED

HELP!

Ben4BCFC

Do what I have done for the game on 2nd Feb - tell work and your missus City is on television and that is more important so you ain’t going.

They are work colleagues who you won’t see again if you or they leave - eff them.

Dont mention it x

I just rescheduled a high-level meeting and presentation with the U.S. Government from the afternoon to the morning so I could watch the game.  

OK, so the meeting is not as important as keeping the government running, but it's high level for me.

So, if I can do it, so can you.

2 hours ago, Ben4BCFC said:

I've got a work do tomorrow that I have to attend. Means I'll miss the game.

Anyone got any tips on how to secretly watch the match without being caught?

Reminds me of the time my brother rang in  sick for a must win game against Crewe away and the tv cameras turned up for the news. Never saw him run so fast 

1 hour ago, KevP said:

Pencils sticking out ears and nose.....and just mutter...."Wibble" a few times. They will send you home sick.....

Sounds like a cunning plan.....

A year UNTIL you get married? Start as you mean to go on or it will only get worse, tell her you are going to watch the match -so get used to it. If she’s not happy she’s probably a closet Sag anyway. 

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It’s a year tomorrow until our wedding, so we are off out for a romantic dinner. This was arranged before the game got televised. 

I have no chance of watching the game - assuming I still want the wedding to happen of course. 

Eh? You’re celebrating a future anniversary? 

It’s a year tomorrow until our wedding, so we are off out for a romantic dinner. This was arranged before the game got televised. 

I have no chance of watching the game - assuming I still want the wedding to happen of course. 

Getting married during the football season? Serves you right! ;)

She must understand that you have another, greater love which has been with you longer. She'll understand! :punish:

Alternatively, take her to the bar and restaurant at the Gate and sit her with her back to the big screen! 

Got similar for the Bolton game. Mrs RRH has just taken great delight in telling me we are going to her niece`s 21st Birthday do that night.

I`ve e-mailed the pub it`s at to see if they have Sky but it doesn`t look the sort that will so it`ll be nipping out for a lot more fags than usual and sitting in the car with RB on.

53 minutes ago, DANWRENBCFC4LIFE said:

Reminds me of the time my brother rang in  sick for a must win game against Crewe away and the tv cameras turned up for the news. Never saw him run so fast 

I did that for Crewe away, midweek game March 1997, and was on the back page of the post the following day! :facepalm:

We won 2-l IIRC.

Start as you mean to go on, if you start celebrating anniversaries like this you will just just end up chasing your tail all your life, each occasion having to do something bigger and better. No cards, no celebration, no flowers, wine, choccies etc. Just love each other every day, not because of a date on a calendar. 

If stuff such as football etc lands on one of your ‘special’ days, just deal with it, go to games and don’t miss out.

PS been married a fair few years so have a fair bit of experience!  

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

Start as you mean to go on, if you start celebrating anniversaries like this you will just just end up chasing your tail all your life, each occasion having to do something bigger and better. No cards, no celebration, no flowers, wine, choccies etc. Just love each other every day, not because of a date on a calendar. 

If stuff such as football etc lands on one of your ‘special’ days, just deal with it, go to games and don’t miss out.

We just get each other a card, nothing else. In fact, Mrs RRH`s birthday last year was the night we played PNE and she just went out for a drink with her sister like she normally does and I went to the match.

Mind you, I did wish I had arranged something else instead after watching it!

53 minutes ago, Gakoe said:

Eh? You’re celebrating a future anniversary? 

Not celebrating anything as such, we go out once a month on a Friday night for a nice meal and just thought it’d be nice to do it on that date given that it fell on a Friday. 

19 minutes ago, RedM said:

We’ll have been together 17 years by the time we get married. We don’t really do the whole anniversary thing on the whole....rather go out for some nice food and some drinks than do presents etc. 

3 hours ago, DC Red said:

I just rescheduled a high-level meeting and presentation with the U.S. Government from the afternoon to the morning so I could watch the game.  

OK, so the meeting is not as important as keeping the government running, but it's high level for me.

So, if I can do it, so can you.

You could have timed that presentation to the US Government perfectly.....if the presentation was to watch how Football is played proper like. :thumbsup:

Archived