IGNORED

HELP!

Ben4BCFC

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It’s a year tomorrow until our wedding, so we are off out for a romantic dinner. This was arranged before the game got televised. 

I have no chance of watching the game - assuming I still want the wedding to happen of course. 

Getting married during football season? Bad planning that

6 hours ago, Ben4BCFC said:

I've got a work do tomorrow that I have to attend. Means I'll miss the game.

Anyone got any tips on how to secretly watch the match without being caught?

Spit the contents of half a can of vegetable soup over your desk at about 3pm. They will insist on sending you home and actually feel sorry for you. 

Say you feel ok and don’t want to leave and will struggle on. 

Then about half hour later, repeat with the remaining half can of soup. They will push you out the door, insisting you can’t stay in work and you’ll look like the brave little employee who didn’t want to leave but were made too..! 

26 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Spit the contents of half a can of vegetable soup over your desk at about 3pm. They will insist on sending you home and actually feel sorry for you. 

Say you feel ok and don’t want to leave and will struggle on. 

Then about half hour later, repeat with the remaining half can of soup. They will push you out the door, insisting you can’t stay in work and you’ll look like the brave little employee who didn’t want to leave but were made too..! 

You’re fired!

10 hours ago, DC Red said:

I just rescheduled a high-level meeting and presentation with the U.S. Government from the afternoon to the morning so I could watch the game.  

OK, so the meeting is not as important as keeping the government running, but it's high level for me.

So, if I can do it, so can you.

Couldn't you just tell the President that Gorillas are on TV?

Guaranteed whole weekend off then......

15 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

What happened?

Major dressing down in his office the next day and I had to take a day`s holiday from the following year to cover it ( Cheltenham`s in March so none left from the one I was in otherwise I would have taken it to go anyway).

Fortunately he was a racing fan so could understand why I did it I guess. I never did it again though but left the firm eighteen months later anyway.

Spend all day banging on about 'how bad your stomach feels', not just in the office but on every form of social media your colleagues possess. 

At the work do, 'excuse' yourself to the gentleman's throne room.

Pull up a pew, sit, whip out your phone and watch on Sky Go. Return at half time, feeling 'a bit better', then clutch your stomach dramatically after fifteen minutes and sprint back to the porcelain chairs. Repeat the previous action, then emerge at full time and re-join the party invigorated from a City win.

Done. 

5 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Major dressing down in his office the next day and I had to take a day`s holiday from the following year to cover it ( Cheltenham`s in March so none left from the one I was in otherwise I would have taken it to go anyway).

Fortunately he was a racing fan so could understand why I did it I guess. I never did it again though but left the firm eighteen months later anyway.

Blimey. One of those moments you just want to crawl in to a hole.

Archived