IGNORED

The Derby County v Bristol City Match Day Thread 28

Well that was a lucky point. A few of ours are well and truly knackered. Brownhill, Pack and Bryan. Could have been a 1-0 win if Bryan had been the position Patterson took up. Johnson failed to bring on our last sub in extra time to give the lads a breather and slow the game down. Must ask Warnock to have a word. If we play like that against Man C we will lose 6-0. Still a point is good.

To everybody getting after Hodour tonight use your Sky + and rewind 30 seconds and, if your not so blinkered, you'll see an entirely different game. Cease blaming the player who's been forced into difficult positions or making errors. Pack was woeful, nee a dangerous liability most of the night. Bryan not far behind him post yet another stupid challenge, but as he's 'one of our own' you forgive him. Just how far does he think his talents allow him to stand off opponents? Premiership he is not, but no worries as we'll blame  the foreigner who mops up his failings. Both's positioning and combativeness cost us dear. Brownhill and Patts shut up shop but offered little going forward. Reid is not a striker.

Good point to stop the rot and those who usually stand up did so again. Steele did now't wrong when coming on but hope Fearless isn't out for long.

Jerome was fouled but paid the price for exaggeration. Deserved.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

Well that was a lucky point. A few of ours are well and truly knackered. Brownhill, Pack and Bryan. Could have been a 1-0 win if Bryan had been the position Patterson took up. Johnson failed to bring on our last sub in extra time to give the lads a breather and slow the game down. Must ask Warnock to have a word. If we play like that against Man C we will lose 6-0. Still a point is good.

No reason for them to be knackered after a week off really. Maybe not quite 100% some players, maybe mid week at the back of their mind, who knows, but for whatever reason to many players not quite on their game. No league goals in 3 is a worry, but Fam suddenly gave us more options. 

Lucky for sure tonight. I did think considering we were away at a good side we managed posession pretty well, just without any real thrust. Against that had to use up two subs because of injuries so the luck was not all one way.

Excellent point, average performance.

Edited by cityexile
3 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

To everybody getting after Hodour tonight use your Sky + and rewind 30 seconds and, if your not so blinkered, you'll see an entirely different game. Cease blaming the player who's been forced into difficult positions or making errors. Pack was woeful, nee a dangerous liability most of the night. Bryan not far behind him post yet another stupid challenge, but as he's 'one of our own' you forgive him. Just how far does he think his talents allow him to stand off opponents? Premiership he is not, but no worries as we'll blame  the foreigner who mops up his failings. Both's positioning and combativeness cost us dear. Brownhill and Patts shut up shop but offered little going forward. Reid is not a striker.

Good point to stop the rot and those who usually stand up did so again. Steele did now't wrong when coming on but hope Fearless isn't out for long.

Jerome was fouled but paid the price for exaggeration. Deserved.

Pack was woeful? Were we watching the same game? I thought he had an excellent game! 

Edit: I probably know jack shit, but that's how I saw it...

Edited by RedJim
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good point, still in the promotion mix and we’ve only got 2 of the current top 6 left to play, Cardiff and Sheff Utd. Whereas Derby have to play Wolves (H) Cardiff (A) and Villa (A). Villa have Sheff U (A) Wolves (H) Cardiff (H) and Derby (H) - The last 2 are just before the end of the season. Cardiff have Us (H) Derby (A) Sheff (A) Wolves (H)  Villa (A) - The last 3 are back to back in April! 

Looking at it, our run in is easier on paper and with a fully fit team here’s hoping we can pick up points when the others drop them. Cardiff could seriously struggle over that 3 game stint in April, looks like the fixture computer had it in for them :shifty:

• Like 1

Who did Johnson go nuts at towards the end? Was it Mags? He had a tough game, but i thought he did good, Ice cool Icelandic nothing seems to faze him to the point i think he's occasionally being too casual, you can tell he has Italian pedigree which is good and he is getting better, but whatever is going on between him and Bryan they need to improve, Johnson likes to mix them up, which will confuse the opposition, and occasionally the players? Aye, i think its more tactical than anything else, must be annoying having no one to cross into, the Fam coming back hit them like Caffeine though, they all knew what to do and having Fam took the pressure off a bit, glad he is back, it was a lift that was noticeable. 

COYR!  

• Like 1
Just now, RedJim said:

Pack was woeful? Were we watching the same game? I thought he had an excellent game! 

I think so, see the number of times he was out of position or ceded possession in key areas. His lack of pace was exploited by Derby all night. He also gives the ball away far too much, very few of his Hoddle balls connected tonight. He needs to pass and move and whilst he's good at the first, for the second he struggles majorly and after the hour shouldn't be on the park.