IGNORED

Singing section asked to sit in allocated seats for Man City game

Vincent Vega

28 minutes ago, nigelb76 said:

Not sure why the idiots in this section can’t comply with the rules like we all have to, they all think they’re super fans. Well believe me, they’re not. 

Hahahahhahahha your names Nigel chief, might as well just end it all now

22 minutes ago, RedWilly said:

It's nothing to do with superiorty. All the season ticket holders in that section have purchased "unreserved" seats for the "season". 

For example when I purchased my ticket before the season myself and two friends I stand with at the game were unable to get seats next to one another but that didn't matter as they are unreserved. Due to the club selling more seats and now a minority complaining they have upset the majority in this area who attend each game not just now and again. 

It isn't down to the minority complaint though is it.

Its down to what the club have been told by A&S and the SAG.

Also a season ticket doesn't cover cup games, just saying.

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

At both the Manchester United game, and the forthcoming semi-final fixture with Manchester City, the 10 per cent reduction was removed in the singing section to enable more supporters to purchase tickets and watch the match.

Following feedback from fans at the Man United game, we held a review into the area when it is used at full capacity. This included discussions with the Ashton Gate safety team and Avon & Somerset Police.

Whilst we acknowledge it is not what fans are used to for this area, we will need to ask everyone to work with the club and the stadium team to sit in the seats they have been allocated for this match only.

This will ensure everyone is able to enjoy the match and get behind the team from the off. We really appreciate everyone’s cooperation for this match.

Thank you for your support.

Bristol City Football Club

Just received this e-mail from the club. Personally didn’t see any problems in this area against Man United. 

Who did they ask for feedback then because I don't believe any of the regulars in there would have complained, this is just total bullshit

18 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

It isn't down to the minority complaint though is it.

Its down to what the club have been told by A&S and the SAG.

Also a season ticket doesn't cover cup games, just saying.

Read the statement again. It states Following feedback and then goes onto A&S and the SAG. Well I never reviewed a questionnaire therefore people must have complained hence the feedback they received. 

Im also fully aware that a season ticket doesn't cup games. If you read what I have said again in my example like many others I am not able to stand next to who I stand with at each game as we were unable to purchase unreserved tickets next to each other at the start of the season, just saying.

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

I'm sure for one game fans can 'occupy' their seat printed on the ticket.??!!

Not a big ask and fair enough from the club.

Its so more fans get to see the game. If people can't see past that then they are very selfish. You can still sing and stand just make sure it's in front of seat printed on ticket!!

48 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

That is just telling you to sit in the right seat, nothing to do with standing during the game.

26 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Any chance the mods can change the title to something that isn't misleading?

It's pretty clear from the context of the entire sentence the actual request is people occupy the space allocated to the seat shown on their ticket.

The main issue isn’t really whether we have to sit down. It’s WHERE we have to “occupy” the seat. 

All tickets are sold as unreserved. The people I stand with every game do not have our ‘actual’ seats next to each other. And that probably goes for 90% of the fans in there. 

I’m happy to occupy my proper seat, but not given the fact we had NO CHOICE of seat selection when we purchased. 

Basically what they’re saying is, because we want to sell 100 more tickets in the area, all you lot who are there every game can swivel, and not enjoy the game with your mates. 

I predict chaos. I for one will stand in my normal spot with my normal regulars around me. If someone wants to come and sit in the seat I’m occupying then that’s fine, but the stewards will have a torrid time sorting 1000 people out who will do the same. 

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO who was “feedback” gathered from. Certainly I’m not aware of any prior contact about this with the S82 regulars whom you and Dave Storr have regular contact with? 

7 minutes ago, RedWilly said:

Read the statement again. It states Following feedback and then goes onto A&S and the SAG. Well I never reviewed a questionnaire therefore people must have complained hence the feedback they received. 

Im also fully aware that a season ticket doesn't cup games. If you read what I have said again in my example like many others I am not able to stand next to who I stand with at each game as we were unable to purchase unreserved tickets next to each other at the start of the season, just saying.

It says following feedback, it doesn't say what that feedback was. 

The feedback was likely the type of stuff we see on here whenever there is a big crowd/away following about some people going to the seats on their tickets and the others treating it as unreserved.

A seat being unreserved for the season (as you put in quotation marks) because it says so on the season ticket is and irrelevancy because of season tickets not including cup matches. That's the point you quite clearly have missed.

Also, my original "just saying" was to say I didn't necessarily think this is right or wrong, but that's how it is. Rather than the sarcastic/snide tone of yours.

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

The main issue isn’t really whether we have to sit down. It’s WHERE we have to “occupy” the seat. 

All tickets are sold as unreserved. The people I stand with every game do not have our ‘actual’ seats next to each other. And that probably goes for 90% of the fans in there. 

I’m happy to occupy my proper seat, but not given the fact we had NO CHOICE of seat selection when we purchased. 

Basically what they’re saying is, because we want to sell 100 more tickets in the area, all you lot who are there every game can swivel, and not enjoy the game with your mates. 

I predict chaos. I for one will stand in my normal spot with my normal regulars around me. If someone wants to come and sit in the seat I’m occupying then that’s fine, but the stewards will have a torrid time sorting 1000 people out who will do the same. 

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO who was “feedback” gathered from. Certainly I’m not aware of any prior contact about this with the S82 regulars whom you and Dave Storr have regular contact with? 

That's a fair enough concern if you had no choice on the tickets down to it being unreserved.

The bolded section is a completely melodramatic overreaction and not the case.

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

Well said sir, if the club want to utilise the full allocation ( which imho is the right thing) they should have given fans the chance to have seats next to there mates, ok it makes it a bit harder to organise and as we all know it's not something City are particularly good at but the option should have been there, 

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

It says following feedback, it doesn't say what that feedback was. 

The feedback was likely the type of stuff we see on here whenever there is a big crowd/away following about some people going to the seats on their tickets and the others treating it as unreserved.

A seat being unreserved for the season (as you put in quotation marks) because it says so on the season ticket is and irrelevancy because of season tickets not including cup matches. That's the point you quite clearly have missed.

Also, my original "just saying" was to say I didn't necessarily think this is right or wrong, but that's how it is. Rather than the sarcastic/snide tone of yours.

So if  you sat with your dad, son friends every game with your season ticket and then they say you can't sit with them your not going to be miffed, yeah ok

Archived