IGNORED

Singing section asked to sit in allocated seats for Man City game

Vincent Vega

I honestly can't see how they will enforce it.

For the manchester united game i purchased a different seat in the singing section to that printed on my season ticket... I still uploaded it to my season ticket card.

So Everyone could claim they did this for tuesdays game. Are they really going to check everyones email confirmation to double check where they should be sitting? I wouldnt of thought so.

1 minute ago, AshtonPark said:

I don’t think anyone would have had a problem with this, if people were told this could happen at the start of the season and to make sure you got seats with mates etc.

There is no way I’m not standing in my normal spot, with my mates.  

Agreed, but then if the seats are allocated it is just like every other section. Or if only some of the people took up the option you'd get groups stood in those and when these matches came up you'd still have the same problem.

Perhaps a note on the page when buying saying that this would be the case and giving the option to select specific seats with it being made clear that the section was unreserved except potential big games.

But there's no easy solution to it. If it's just a note and people don't use the selected seats all season and other people use them all season with no issue you'll get exactly the same problem when it comes to a game like Tuesdays.

e.g.

Person A and his mates buy 4 season tickets in the unreserved section, allocated to row 12, seats 12-15

For most matches they are in any old space, but Person B and his mates who have season tickets in the unreserved section but didn't allocate any seats are sat in the tickets Person A has.

A home game in a cup semi final comes along and Person A and his mates follow instructions and head to row 12, seats 12-15, Person B and his mates are there and say they won't move, they've been there all season and never had any issue, etc.

27 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

That's a fair enough concern if you had no choice on the tickets down to it being unreserved.

The bolded section is a completely melodramatic overreaction and not the case.

Not melodramatic at all. 

I had NO CHOICE of seat when I purchased this CUP ticket. Your argument re the season ticket not counting for cup games irrelevant - when buying the cup ticket, you buy your ST seat. 

Its not melodrama to state that the club want me to sit in a seat I do not normally occupy and not be able to enjoy the biggest game of my lifetime in the company of the fans I stand with every week. That will severely dampen my matchday experience. 

Would you be happy if you, for example, sit every week with your dad, brother, close friends, and then without any option are told you have to move and sit on your own somewhere else for the biggest game in your supporting life? 

Melodramatic - no. Just put yourself in someone else’s shoes, just for a minute. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Not melodramatic at all. 

I had NO CHOICE of seat when I purchased this CUP ticket. Your argument re the season ticket not counting for cup games irrelevant - when buying the cup ticket, you buy your ST seat. 

Its not melodrama to state that the club want me to sit in a seat I do not normally occupy and not be able to enjoy the biggest game of my lifetime in the company of the fans I stand with every week. That will severely dampen my matchday experience. 

Would you be happy if you, for example, sit every week with your dad, brother, close friends, and then without any option are told you have to move and sit on your own somewhere else for the biggest game in your supporting life? 

Melodramatic - no. Just put yourself in someone else’s shoes, just for a minute. 

:laugh:

A parent and son being split up is a different case, providing one of them is elderly/a child/needs support.

Suggesting that the club asking the fans in a section that the club didnt need to have, to sit in allocated seats for one game, is not telling you to swivel, or to not enjoy it.

If you physically cannot enjoy a football match unless with mates, then thats an altogether different issue.

9 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

:laugh:

A parent and son being split up is a different case, providing one of them is elderly/a child/needs support.

Suggesting that the club asking the fans in a section that the club didnt need to have, to sit in allocated seats for one game, is not telling you to swivel, or to not enjoy it.

If you physically cannot enjoy a football match unless with mates, then thats an altogether different issue.

Not sure what your matchday experience is like James, but mine, at least 75% of it, revolves around having a day out with my mates. So yes, if I am forced to sit apart from my usual football folk, without any other choice available to me, AFTER having purchased a ticket, then yes, I do think it’s a two-fingers up to me and it does absolutely ruin my matchday experience. 

The point you make about children is more important though. There will absolutely be numerous kids whose seat is not next to their parents. Do you think it’s right to make a young child sit next to a stranger. Of course you don’t. But the rules laid down apply to everyone in the area, so you can’t separate those with kids and those without kids in this debate. 

Anyway, as I said before, I will stand in my usual place with the same crowd around me. If a steward wants to move me to my seat, I will not make a fuss, but they’ll need to move 1000 people, so I predict chaos. 

And all because a couple of people must’ve had a moan vs Man U. 

Correction. I’ve decided, **** it, I WILL make a fuss if asked to move. I purchased a ticket in good faith and I will make that point. If I’m moved on, I will leave, simple. I’m not having my experience ruined by a couple of moaning *****. 

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

Not sure what your matchday experience is like James, but mine, at least 75% of it, revolves around having a day out with my mates. So yes, if I am forced to sit apart from my usual football folk, without any other choice available to me, AFTER having purchased a ticket, then yes, I do think it’s a two-fingers up to me and it does absolutely ruin my matchday experience. 

The point you make about children is more important though. There will absolutely be numerous kids whose seat is not next to their parents. Do you think it’s right to make a young child sit next to a stranger. Of course you don’t. But the rules laid down apply to everyone in the area, so you can’t separate those with kids and those without kids in this debate. 

Anyway, as I said before, I will stand in my usual place with the same crowd around me. If a steward wants to move me to my seat, I will not make a fuss, but they’ll need to move 1000 people, so I predict chaos. 

And all because a couple of people must’ve had a moan vs Man U. 

Correction. I’ve decided, **** it, I WILL make a fuss if asked to move. I purchased a ticket in good faith and I will make that point. If I’m moved on, I will leave, simple. I’m not having my experience ruined by a couple of moaning *****. 

Not the persons fault that bought the ticket you’ve decided to stand in though is it, so while I appreciate you’ve had your experience dampened, I don’t appreciate you wanting to dampen it for someone else. 

29 minutes ago, BarnzFM said:

Not the persons fault that bought the ticket you’ve decided to stand in though is it, so while I appreciate you’ve had your experience dampened, I don’t appreciate you wanting to dampen it for someone else. 

that’s why I said I’d leave. Not gonna ruin it for anyone if I leave is it? 

Anyway, tickets in that section are sold unreserved. So if some dimwit wants their specific seat then it clearly shows they know nothing about the area, so why buy a ticket there? 

Not sure people appreciate the hoops, the effort, the organisation, the time etc, that some in S82 put into the area to make it a ‘different’ fan experience for those that want that sort of thing. If the club want to scupper that by prioritising the wishes of a couple of moaners for an extra few quid then I think my efforts will come to an abrupt end. 

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

that’s why I said I’d leave. Not gonna ruin it for anyone if I leave is it? 

Anyway, tickets in that section are sold unreserved. So if some dimwit wants their specific seat then it clearly shows they know nothing about the area, so why buy a ticket there? 

Not sure people appreciate the hoops, the effort, the organisation, the time etc, that some in S82 put into the area to make it a ‘different’ fan experience for those that want that sort of thing. If the club want to scupper that by prioritising the wishes of a couple of moaners for an extra few quid then I think my efforts will come to an abrupt end. 

That would be a shame. But can understand it . Keep the flags locked away. Everyone sit down like the rest of the stadium. And leave it to others to make an atmosphere. I’m sure LJ and the players would appreciate it . NOT 

20 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Ah, I see. Didn’t realise the situation was as Harry put it. I assumed people had chosen their allocated ‘seats’ when buying the season card.

Hasn’t been handled well at all in that case.

Yep, definitely no choice on where your season ticket seat is, and thus where your cup ticket is located. 

I realise this may come across as bit ‘toys out of the pram’ but the years of effort put into securing a place in the ground where I can support the team the way I and many others want to, was not put in to be told I’ve got to sit on my own somewhere at a couple of days notice. As I said before, the matchday experience for me is all about a day out with mates. The football is important, of course, but if it were not a ‘social’ experience I probably wouldn’t commit to it every week. 

The club are saying that I have to sit in a seat that I had no choice on for it’s location and disrupt my usual experience. If they want to alienate fans who are there every week for the sake of a couple of people who didn’t understand the dynamic of the Section for the Man U game, for the sake of selling a couple of extra tickets, then **** them. 

4 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Screenshot_20180119-165815.thumb.jpg.d413a70a31829b970fdc9d1ed16d6a3d.jpg

Do we have the right to know how many fans gave this feedback to the club. It seems to be a small few over the majority again. Or was it just the so called supporters turning up for the utd game. Where they tried to go to their seats in the unreserved section. 

Very disappointed in the club on this decision. I will just go with my mates to our normal spot if this causes a problem so be it. 

14 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

Do we have the right to know how many fans gave this feedback to the club. It seems to be a small few over the majority again. Or was it just the so called supporters turning up for the utd game. Where they tried to go to their seats in the unreserved section. 

Very disappointed in the club on this decision. I will just go with my mates to our normal spot if this causes a problem so be it. 

Probably not. I'm with you.

So to include the so called singing section in the ground 10% capacity is lost which means the club could be losing money every league game. So to make more money and allow more people to be able to see the game fans in one small area of the ground are being asked to help Bristol City out for one game and some are complaining about it !!!!

1 minute ago, Trueredsupporte said:

So to include the so called singing section in the ground 10% capacity is lost which means the club could be losing money every league game. So to make more money and allow more people to be able to see the game fans in one small area of the ground are being asked to help Bristol City out for one game and some are complaining about it !!!!

your not understanding the point. Peoples tickets on their season card arnt with friends etc, at no point at the start of the season was this told it could be a possibility so people bought tickets wherever. 

11 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

your not understanding the point. Peoples tickets on their season card arnt with friends etc, at no point at the start of the season was this told it could be a possibility so people bought tickets wherever. 

So you would rather less fans watched the game? I see posts here saying  fans will not help Bristol City who have lost 10% of capacity in that area of the ground for league game so you can have an unreserved area and stand. The thread is doing your lot no favours if you do not think your superfans better than the rest

2 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

So you would rather less fans watched the game? I see posts here saying here fans will not help Bristol City who have lost 10% of capacity in that area of the ground for league game so you can have an unreserved area and stand.Thread is doing your lot no favours if you do not think your superfans better than the rest

It just hasn't been handled well. If the club thought this might happen, and that even for one or two games there might be 'reserved' unreserved seating.. they should've made every effort to ensure people are with their mates or family or whoever they go with.

There were ways to avoid this situation - even if they realised it this week they could have contacted every single supporter in there and attempted to keep groups together by allocating seats for this one off game. An arduous task, but probably the right thing to do.

5 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

So you would rather less fans watched the game? I see posts here saying  fans will not help Bristol City who have lost 10% of capacity in that area of the ground for league game so you can have an unreserved area and stand. The thread is doing your lot no favours if you do not think your superfans better than the rest

What are you blabbering on about? It’s the way the club has handled it, if the club said at the start of the season this might happen so book tickets with your family and friends it wouldn’t be an issue.

would you be happy leaving your son to sit on his own next to strangers?

I have no idea what anyone’s thoughts of others being super fans have anything to do with it. 

43 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Yes because we weren't given the option to sit/stand with who we normally do, are you being moved away from where you normally sit out of interest

Archived