IGNORED

Singing section asked to sit in allocated seats for Man City game

Vincent Vega

2 hours ago, Trueredsupporte said:

So to include the so called singing section in the ground 10% capacity is lost which means the club could be losing money every league game. So to make more money and allow more people to be able to see the game fans in one small area of the ground are being asked to help Bristol City out for one game and some are complaining about it !!!!

1 hour ago, Trueredsupporte said:

So you would rather less fans watched the game? I see posts here saying  fans will not help Bristol City who have lost 10% of capacity in that area of the ground for league game so you can have an unreserved area and stand. The thread is doing your lot no favours if you do not think your superfans better than the rest

Why so sour toward those in S82? No one has ever claimed any superfan status. We just want to watch the game in a different way to you. Why do you have such a bee in your bonnet about us? 

As for the 10% nonsense argument you’re making. I’ll tell you this. Versus Man U, they sold the additional 10% and allowed people to stand where they want. From what I understood there were no problems. So I have no issue whatsoever with the club selling more tickets, I just don’t agree with them selling it without a choice of where to sit and then forcing people to sit in a designated seat that could potentially be away from their family, friends, children etc. 

Just relax your petulance toward S82 for a little moment and answer me this : If a man and his 7 year old son who stand together every week, but actually have tickets in opposite ends of the Section, do you agree that for this match they should be separated, meaning a 7 year old boy has to be 40 yards away from his father and surrounded by strangers? 

Just think about it. 

I dont get why a few are actually getting on the backs on S82, sad if you ask me.

People want to stand, people want to sit down, nobody is wrong or right, we have a common interest and surely it makes sense to make the night one to remember.

If the club are listening to comments made by a few people watching their first game then i am shocked.

The biggest game (arguably) in Citys history and they want to divide and split up the only noise making group in the ground - :clap: great move ! 

35 minutes ago, Harry said:

Why so sour toward those in S82? No one has ever claimed any superfan status. We just want to watch the game in a different way to you. Why do you have such a bee in your bonnet about us? 

As for the 10% nonsense argument you’re making. I’ll tell you this. Versus Man U, they sold the additional 10% and allowed people to stand where they want. From what I understood there were no problems. So I have no issue whatsoever with the club selling more tickets, I just don’t agree with them selling it without a choice of where to sit and then forcing people to sit in a designated seat that could potentially be away from their family, friends, children etc. 

Just relax your petulance toward S82 for a little moment and answer me this : If a man and his 7 year old son who stand together every week, but actually have tickets in opposite ends of the Section, do you agree that for this match they should be separated, meaning a 7 year old boy has to be 40 yards away from his father and surrounded by strangers? 

Just think about it. 

I am not at all unsympathetic to your point but I think the example you use is not great - the club are not going to separate a 7 year old boy from his father. It just is not going to happen.

Personally I would not massively worry about the message. I get why it is alarming and I do not think it has been communicated well. But at the same time I suspect what it boils down to is a small minority took the piss at the Man Uts game leading to complaints and, as a result, the club have decided to send out something they can refer back to if they have to with those who do take the piss and spoil other fan’s experiences. I could be wrong but I would be amazed if they massively enforced this. I think they just need a policy for the Stewards to refer back to if they need it.

A massive anxiety for other fans who do not take the piss to be sure but my guess is that most fans in that section will have the same experience they always do. I definitely do not think anyone will be told they have to sit and the club will not separate kids from the parents as it is not something they could do from a point of law or public relations.

7 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

:laugh:

A parent and son being split up is a different case, providing one of them is elderly/a child/needs support.

Suggesting that the club asking the fans in a section that the club didnt need to have, to sit in allocated seats for one game, is not telling you to swivel, or to not enjoy it.

If you physically cannot enjoy a football match unless with mates, then thats an altogether different issue.

Sorry mate but you're coming across as quite a sad act here. Imagine actually implying that it's weird if someone won't enjoy a game if they aren't with their mates. I know I ******* wouldn't.

Calm down people!!!

I don't believe there is any issue here and the club have sent this out simply to satisfy the SAG.

It will be the same as versus Manchester United: Unreserved, with no issues.

And to those slagging off S82 and its "Super Fans"....  whatever.

If my team were in a league cup semi final (stop laughing at the back) 2nd leg only 2-1 down against the best team in the country, I can honestly say I wouldn't give 2 ***** about who I was sat next to or even what part of the ground I was in.

I would just want to be there shouting myself hoarse (no pun intended) cheering on my team.

19 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

If my team were in a league cup semi final (stop laughing at the back) 2nd leg only 2-1 down against the best team in the country, I can honestly say I wouldn't give 2 ***** about who I was sat next to or even what part of the ground I was in.

I would just want to be there shouting myself hoarse (no pun intended) cheering on my team.

Do you even have seats at your cesspit ? 

11 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

The club haven’t thought this through at all actually?

A dad and a son have season tickets, bought at different times so different seats.

is the club genuinely asking for them to be split for the game? Has to be a safeguarding issue there. 

Got the same issue. 

Hi @Harry

Apologies for only responding to your message now, and not when I got in from Derby earlier this morning. 

Feedback came into different parts of the football club from fans who were in the singing section at the Man United match. Since being announced in role a number of fans with season tickets in the singing section have also approached me directly, to tell me in person what happened anecdotally. 

I have regular contact with Section 82 and since the 1st leg in Manchester I have had daily conversations with them,  working together, to see how we can create a great atmosphere at Ashton Gate on Tuesday night. 

I do hear what you are saying that you bought the ticket as unreserved and didn’t have the option to purchase to sit with mates, and will review this with the right people at the club if the 10% reduction is removed again for future games.

Matt 

4 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Sorry mate but you're coming across as quite a sad act here. Imagine actually implying that it's weird if someone won't enjoy a game if they aren't with their mates. I know I ******* wouldn't.

I never said someone was weird for that, I was saying that was a different issue, you know, the words I actualy typed.

I do however find it hard to believe you couldnt possibly enjoy a game if you werent stood by mates for 90 minutes, yes the experience is different, but the game suddenly becoming physically impossible to enjoy? Unlikely.

So before you get pissy over something I didnt say, again. I'll reiterate, I havent labelled anyone or anything as odd or weird.

I've gone to games with mates and been unable to sit with them, and yes, my overall enjoyment wasnt quite as good as if we hadnt, but I still met up with them at half time for a pint, and, more relevantly, enjoyed the game.

But a difference to what Harry said when describing his day out is that my mates werent regular so it wasnt a common thing. Being with my mates wasnt "75% of the matchday experience", for me that was seeing Bristol City play. And I'd quite often go with my Dad or on my own, hence it being a different issue- it is a different topic, what parts of going to a match people enjoy is a seperate topic.

16 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi @Harry

Apologies for only responding to your message now, and not when I got in from Derby earlier this morning. 

Feedback came into different parts of the football club from fans who were in the singing section at the Man United match. Since being announced in role a number of fans with season tickets in the singing section have also approached me directly, to tell me in person what happened anecdotally. 

I have regular contact with Section 82 and since the 1st leg in Manchester I have had daily conversations with them,  working together, to see how we can create a great atmosphere at Ashton Gate on Tuesday night. 

I do hear what you are saying that you bought the ticket as unreserved and didn’t have the option to purchase to sit with mates, and will review this with the right people at the club if the 10% reduction is removed again for future games.

Matt 

Matt

Does the club genuinely expect, a young son and father to be split up during the game?

Also what feedback have you actually received? Shall we be honest here and say it’s likely to be a club/security/sag issue? I would like to know exactly what feedback you have got, and how this has changed the clubs view on enforcement, 

3 pages of bickering again.....

Anyway what I really don’t get is why 8000 of us were allowed to stand in a stand that was almost vertical and that for the return fixture they can’t.

Or have to sit or stand in their allocated seat. That wasn’t the complete case at the Etihad.

Might not matter to us because we’ll be sitting at the front but it’s odd how different clubs/SAGS/police forces interrupt things.

14 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi @Harry

Matt 

Hi Matt

My 9 year old’s ticket is about 15 seatscaway from mine and my other lad’s, despite the fact that we bought them all at the same time. There is no way on earth I can sit in my allocated seats. I called the club about this before the Man U game and was assured it wasn’t a problem and that it would be stewarded as normal in S82, which it was. I’ve bought tickets for this one on the same basis. 

As others have said, I know an awful lot of people in S82 and not one of them has been ‘consulted’ about this.  

There will be countless other people in the same situation as me. Is there anything the club can suggest to help those of us affected by this? It simply isn’t safe for me to leave my kids on their own. 

4 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Hi Matt

My 9 year old’s ticket is about 15 seatscaway from mine and my other lad’s, despite the fact that we bought them all at the same time. There is no way on earth I can sit in my allocated seats. I called the club about this before the Man U game and was assured it wasn’t a problem and that it would be stewarded as normal in S82, which it was. I’ve bought tickets for this one on the same basis. 

As others have said, I know an awful lot of people in S82 and not one of them has been ‘consulted’ about this.  

There will be countless other people in the same situation as me. Is there anything the club can suggest to help those of us affected by this? It simply isn’t safe for me to leave my kids on their own. 

The problem is jacki, the club probably expect it is fine, they are still so out of touch.

Your not in a tough position, do you go and hope you can stand together , or pack it in for the night? All as the club have handled this stupidly badly, all they had to do was announce when tickets were on sale and let people book next to each other. 

I genuinely want to know the reasons behind this. Not just “we have feedback” , what feedback, just saying that is as bad as the faceless SAG. 

11 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Ah, I see. Didn’t realise the situation was as Harry put it. I assumed people had chosen their allocated ‘seats’ when buying the season card.

Hasn’t been handled well at all in that case.

They definitely haven’t. Mine were bought at the same time but are miles apart from my kids’ seats. To tell us a few days before the game I essentially have to leave a 9 year old on his own is far from ideal. And simply not happening. 

10 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I never said someone was weird for that, I was saying that was a different issue, you know, the words I actualy typed.

I do however find it hard to believe you couldnt possibly enjoy a game if you werent stood by mates for 90 minutes, yes the experience is different, but the game suddenly becoming physically impossible to enjoy? Unlikely.

So before you get pissy over something I didnt say, again. I'll reiterate, I havent labelled anyone or anything as odd or weird.

I've gone to games with mates and been unable to sit with them, and yes, my overall enjoyment wasnt quite as good as if we hadnt, but I still met up with them at half time for a pint, and, more relevantly, enjoyed the game.

But a difference to what Harry said when describing his day out is that my mates werent regular so it wasnt a common thing. Being with my mates wasnt "75% of the matchday experience", for me that was seeing Bristol City play. And I'd quite often go with my Dad or on my own, hence it being a different issue- it is a different topic, what parts of going to a match people enjoy is a seperate topic.

I just think you’re being a bit pedantic James (not unusual for you :P) and perhaps it’s better to stop digging.

Just now, Jacki said:

They definitely haven’t. Mine were bought at the same time but are miles apart from my kids’ seats. To tell us a few days before the game I essentially have to leave a 9 year old on his own is far from ideal. And simply not happening. 

Yes, not very well handled. Didn't realise tickets numbers were essentially issued at random (which makes sense because theoretically you should never need them).

The club should have gone the extra mile and contacted everyone in that area to place them with their usual groups. Even if that meant allocating temporary ticket numbers for this game.

3 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

The problem is jacki, the club probably expect it is fine, they are still so out of touch.

Your not in a tough position, do you go and hope you can stand together , or pack it in for the night? All as the club have handled this stupidly badly, all they had to do was announce when tickets were on sale and let people book next to each other. 

I genuinely want to know the reasons behind this. Not just “we have feedback” , what feedback, just saying that is as bad as the faceless SAG. 

It’s really poor. To be told just a few days before is what grinds my gears about it. 

Theres no way I’m leaving the kids on their own so the club will have to sort something out. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I just think you’re being a bit pedantic James (not unusual for you :P) and perhaps it’s better to stop digging.

I don't think saying I can enjoy a game without being by my mates the entire game makes me a "sad act"

I take issue with someone saying I have labelled someone as weird, when that itself is a lie.

I had had my say on the topic, I do have some sympathy towards those affected, particularly parents and children as they shouldn't be split, but I wasn't going to let someone lie about me and not challenge it.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

In my case, I logged on the first day of sales, picked a random seat as it’s unreserved......

I expect that is what 99% of people did.

All this for an extra £3000......

9 minutes ago, Jacki said:

It’s really poor. To be told just a few days before is what grinds my gears about it. 

Theres no way I’m leaving the kids on their own so the club will have to sort something out. 

Indeed they will as it is completely irresponsible of them to expect a 9 year old (and kids even younger) to watch the game unattended. It would be interesting to see what the FSF make of this.

To be honest I read the email from the club and just assumed it was another poor attempt to wind-up those involved in the singing section. There's absolutely no way I'll be finding my allocated seat and I expect that goes for the vast majority of people who've bought tickets there.

Hi @AshtonPark, feedback from season ticket holders in the the singing section to me personally was a long the lines that there was friction between fans and between fans and stewards as things weren’t clear regards what the rule were given the removal of the 10% reduction and they had asked for that to be clarified ahead of Tuesday. 

@Jacki I don’t have the answer to that question for you right now so will need to speak to people at the club.

I am starting to understand  the make up of the singing section and how tickets have been allocated to season tickets in the past so please bear with me on this, as I may not know all of the answers.

Matt 

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Indeed they will as it is completely irresponsible of them to expect a 9 year old (and kids even younger) to watch the game unattended. It would be interesting to see what the FSF make of this.

To be honest I read the email from the club and just assumed it was another poor attempt to wind-up those involved in the singing section. There's absolutely no way I'll be finding my allocated seat and I expect that goes for the vast majority of people who've bought tickets there.

Yes I’m hoping it’s just an arse covering exercise with the authorities, because if it isn’t it will be total chaos. 

Archived