IGNORED

Singing section asked to sit in allocated seats for Man City game

Vincent Vega

Hi all, 

After listening to the views of individual fans today and the concerns families have about being split up, we will aim to ensure no one gets separated on Tuesday but we need everyone to allocate a seat. 

I have spoken with Mark Kelly who has said that “we need full cooperation on this and ask for all fans to listen to stewards and ensure all space behind seats are filled, without fans taking up positions in the aisles. We decided to sell all of the seats in the SE corner to get more of our supporters to enjoy these 2 big games.  It therefore follows that if we have sold all the seats we have to ensure everyone takes the spaces and do not overcrowd the rows. We would encourage you to arrive early and work with the stewards so that you can enjoy the game”.

Everyone is looking forward to the match and everyone recognises the work Section 82 put in behind the scenes and the atmosphere all fans in the singing section help to create on match day and I know we can all do it again on Tuesday.

Matt

1 minute ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:
Hi all, 

After listening to the views of individual fans today and the concerns families have about being split up, we will aim to ensure no one gets separated on Tuesday but we need everyone to allocate a seat. 

I have spoken with Mark Kelly who has said that “we need full cooperation on this and ask for all fans to listen to stewards and ensure all space behind seats are filled, without fans taking up positions in the aisles. We decided to sell all of the seats in the SE corner to get more of our supporters to enjoy these 2 big games.  It therefore follows that if we have sold all the seats we have to ensure everyone takes the spaces and do not overcrowd the rows. We would encourage you to arrive early and work with the stewards so that you can enjoy the game”.

Everyone is looking forward to the match and everyone recognises the work Section 82 put in behind the scenes and the atmosphere all fans in the singing section help to create on match day and I know we can all do it again on Tuesday.

Matt

Common sense prevails - great to see the club are listening and working with the fans on this one.

6 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

Does that mean people can stand where they wish? As long as there is no overcrowding and people don’t stand in the aisles?

Yes, exactly that. Basically, the area is still unreserved but you must be by a seat, not in an aisle. 

Well done @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO  

Can someone please let the stewards know though. 

1 hour ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:
Hi all, 

Matt

Thanks Matt - much appreciated. Great to see the club and fans working together and finding the right solution. 

2 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:
Hi all, 

Matt

Well done Matt, difficult issue but I think that's the ideal response given the circumstances.

14 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi @AshtonPark, feedback from season ticket holders in the the singing section to me personally was a long the lines that there was friction between fans and between fans and stewards as things weren’t clear regards what the rule were given the removal of the 10% reduction and they had asked for that to be clarified ahead of Tuesday. 

@Jacki I don’t have the answer to that question for you right now so will need to speak to people at the club.

I am starting to understand  the make up of the singing section and how tickets have been allocated to season tickets in the past so please bear with me on this, as I may not know all of the answers.

Matt 

As long as you bear in mind that the so called singing section is only a small proportion of the total fans!

10 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

What this boils down to is this. Squeezing more in - not so more can watch the game - but to generate more revenue.

If this were the case we wouldn't put City fans in the Atyeo as we wouldn't need segregation and make more money. 

Archived