IGNORED

Keith Andrews - Pundit

INCRED

1 hour ago, INCRED said:

Dirty b*****d Derby player just kicked Corey in front if ref ffs is he blind?

First half Derby only had to fall over next to Korey and they got a free kick. Number of free kicks they had just outside the penalty area was insane. I felt that the referee evened things up when he denied their penalty

Ok, they both sucked up to Derby, but I think we are getting a bit too sensitive.  Derby were the better side from a tv-viewing / shots on target etc, so not unexpected in terms of their comments.

Thought both managers gave honest assessments.

If we’d have been Derby, at home, tonight, we’d all be bemoaning the away team who had scraped a point.

Personally, However, I think it was a good performance.  Slightly better opening 25, they then over-ran us til half-time, so you would say they were ahead on points at the break.  For 20 minutes after h-t, I thought we were excellent, and with a bit of quality around the box, might’ve taken the lead.  The last 25 was a bit mixed, we had our spells, they had theirs.  Ultimately they created better chances, but that does not take away from what we contributed to the game.  If it was Boxing, they probably won on points.  However it’s not, and they didn’t score.  So we’ll take our point back down south, thank you very much.

Lets not sound bitter though, let’s be classy, and laugh that the mighty Derby, friends of Sky, couldn’t beat the miracle team!

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Apparently if we play our style we have to play unbelievably well to win matches :facepalm: Yeah that's why we're in the play offs. 

I was amazed when he said this, he also stated that you don’t get out of the Championship playing the kind of football we do...... ask Huddersfield and to a degree Brighton about that.........

Why do Sky pay money to Keith Andrews? He didn't have a stellar footballing career, spending much of his career in the lower leagues and seems to have had no interesting insight to add to the match tonight. Said he thought the penalty should have been given (which Stevie Wonder would have spotted) then said that even if the ref thought that the Derby player had dived, he didn't think he should have been booked because the ref couldn't have been certain! It was Maclaren who put him right, saying that it was for the ref a binary decision - penalty or a yellow card.

Keith Andrews is stealing a living as a pundit and I'm one of the fool's paying Sky a king's ransom to listen to him!

12 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It’s hardly an outrageous suggestion off the back of three straight defeats and a tough game tonight. He’s entited to his opinion but some people evidently can’t handle criticism alongside praise.

It is when Cardiff have just lost 4 on the bounce before their last win but that's okay as they will still be there in contention when we have lost five with Wolves we should have won, Villa was an off day 24 hours after Wolves ( though we played some great stuff until they scored against the run of play). Watford we played the kids, Man City should have been a draw and Norwhich was a poor first half but second half we had enough possession to  have won.

Now that's why I made the comment I did about both him and McClaren. Yes they did say some nice stuff but at some points but they both dismissed us out if hand and get both stated that Cardiff were in the mix for second.

I personally think us and Cardiff are both battling for 6th spot 

7 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Why do Sky pay money to Keith Andrews? He didn't have a stellar footballing career, spending much of his career in the lower leagues and seems to have had no interesting insight to add to the match tonight. Said he thought the penalty should have been given (which Stevie Wonder would have spotted) then said that even if the ref thought that the Derby player had dived, he didn't think he should have been booked because the ref couldn't have been certain! It was Maclaren who put him right, saying that it was for the ref a binary decision - penalty or a yellow card.

Keith Andrews is stealing a living as a pundit and I'm one of the fool's paying Sky a king's ransom to listen to him!

Yeah, but have you knobbed his missus?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I don’t get why people get so upset about someone like Andrews stating his. Why does it matter? Come the end of the season city will end up where we deserve to end up and IF we are in the playoffs or better pundits like him will again be made to look rather silly. 

13 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It’s hardly an outrageous suggestion off the back of three straight defeats and a tough game tonight. He’s entited to his opinion but some people evidently can’t handle criticism alongside praise.

The facts and form are there for people to see. No wins in 6 - goals scored 2 - goals against 13.

we all know there are circumstances which aren’t helping. However, every team will have injuries, Villa had 9 injuries when they beat us 5-0. Every team will have a difficult run of games. There’s no reason for pundits to separate us from the other football league clubs. Do we want them to call us ‘ poor little Bristol city ‘ i Certainly don’t. I’ll never understand the excuse culture in this country. 

Coyr 

Pretty chuffed with the result there. 

Let's keep it in context here. Playing a team who are flying, when we are on a losing streak on their patch. 

OK we didn't play especially great. 

OK we had a massive break with the pen. 

But we stopped the rot, and held derby at arms reach. That's a result. 

Really looking forward to next week now, as it's a win win; pull off the unthinkable and it's dreamland and we can get back to winning in the league with a bonus final to look forward to. Lose and we log the nice memories and then get back to winning ways in the league. 

Out of interest was Scott Minto involved in the coverage too? It didn't look like it from the half time analysis they showed in the ground, but he got off my train in Derby and looked a bit miserable.

I was tempted to go and tell him he is a **** (Charlton at AG in the cup 24 years ago - funny how things stick in the memory) but it didn't look like it would improve his day. 

52 minutes ago, Olé said:

Out of interest was Scott Minto involved in the coverage too? It didn't look like it from the half time analysis they showed in the ground, but he got off my train in Derby and looked a bit miserable.

I was tempted to go and tell him he is a **** (Charlton at AG in the cup 24 years ago - funny how things stick in the memory) but it didn't look like it would improve his day. 

Glad someone else remembers that incident in 94! 

Thread on the Derby forum:

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/28209-sky-commentary/

"Is it just me but do some of the Sky commentators/summarisers have a real downer on Derby? Watched the game last night and thought Andy Hinchcliffe was constantly critical of us whilst showering regular praise on Brizzle.

That ex Wolves plonker Goodman is the same.

I have no issue with constructive criticism but let's have some balance."

Football fans, eh?

4 hours ago, Olé said:

He was the presenter. And yes, still remember that Charlton game, the cheating ****.

Archived