IGNORED

Steve McClaren

Eastred

3 hours ago, Eastred said:

Just said on Sky Sports “Il be very surprised if they (Bristol City) get into the play offs.....

Another failed Manager giving an opinion on us.

Idiot

And he called us Bristol . 

He should know better. 

59 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

An ex player who calls us Bristol. It's really starting to grate!

Bring back the BARISSTELL chant I say ( is that how it's spelt ?)

Anyway who gives a **** what any pundit has to say about us. We that's us are in the best position as a club in my lifetime which includes the promotion to top flight.

It will be fantastic if we make the playoffs but if we don't I really believe there are better things to come for our club.

The blue print is now in place after all these years of yo-yoing  were here to stay. We might not make it this season this unexpected cup run what with the injuries have taken there toll.

We will finish in the top 8 or 9 maybe the top 6 but I for one am convinced there will be an even better team to watch next season.

yorrrreedddddsssss.

4 hours ago, Eastred said:

Just said on Sky Sports “Il be very surprised if they (Bristol City) get into the play offs.....

Another failed Manager giving an opinion on us.

Idiot

He also expanded as to why (which you don't report) and he might have a point - despite him being the Wally with the Brolly.

31 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

I dislike being called Bristol

Wrong on every level.

We are BRISTOL. There is no need for a suffix. There is but one club in the City. All others claiming as such are history and not in the cogniscence of the zeitgeist. Rejoice the gap is so vast as to no longer be of consideration.

I yearn for the day in the not distant future we rebadge ourselves, from Bedminster and Bristol South, via Bristol City, to BRISTOL. The whole shebang. The CITY is ours...........

1 hour ago, Cider red said:

I'm happy for us to linger just outside second and be a 'little' team. He was complimentary but doesn't see us as a real threat.  Hope the restof the division hasthe same attitude.

Me too...we were playing best when no one took any notice of us.........as for SCC he is probably right......we are not quite there yet but LJ becoming manager of the year

50 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It wasn’t me wetting my knickers,the labour reference is relevant because it’s what this snowflake country is becoming thanks to labour,let’s moan about any old shite 

Not like the Tories havent been in power the past 8 years and for the majority of the last 40 years... Blame is on both lets be fair with the whole PC society we have allowed it to get this bad with Celebrities having too much power on younger people and awful trash TV shows. This country would have gone like this no matter who were not in charge or not, it is not just the UK but almost every Western Country now.

9 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

Not like the Tories havent been in power the past 8 years and for the majority of the last 40 years... Blame is on both lets be fair with the whole PC society we have allowed it to get this bad with Celebrities having too much power on younger people and awful trash TV shows. This country would have gone like this no matter who were not in charge or not, it is not just the UK but almost every Western Country now.

Too true,it’s just the lefty’s who get their knickers in a twist the minute you say something which has been proven tonight,you say something about the tories and they couldn’t care less,sod em all

7 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

Yup... successive failure of governments over the years, all out of touch with reality and lacking knowledge of history...

11 minutes ago, City Cat said:

Yup... successive failure of governments over the years, all out of touch with reality and lacking knowledge of history...

Definitely... too many Eton and Oxford Uni types from both 'ends' of the political spectrum. Left or Right this Country and World is ***** in my opinion and is going the wrong way.

2 hours ago, RedBrizzleRobin said:

Thought he was very complimentary  about us and mentioned our injuries and lack of squad depth, both spot on. I think he was right about us missing something in attack. Our football's very good just missing those killer balls and that extra bit up front.

Thought russell for derby was a good example, got early decent balls to him, one touch, then he was away.

Would you swap Famara for Russell ? .........I certainly wouldnt but i bet GR would ! 

7 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Are we allowed to without being hounded by the lefty nut jobs 

Shame you insist on politicising everything. Seems you are the one doing the hounding with comments like “nut job” about anyone who doesn’t share your political standpoint.

Incidentally you’d probably describe me as a “lefty” but I was one of the first to point out the nonsense the OP was talking.

Try finding some nuance rather than tarring everyone with the same brush.

12 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Manchester United are called by pretty all much so called pundits by just united,should count ourselves lucky being called Bristol 

Not the same, you have earned the right to be called United, not Manchester To be called 'Bristol' is just wrong, Bristol City or City but NOT Bristol It's OK to refer to Leicester City as Leicester, but they are not referred to as City by the pundits.

I would expect non footballing public to be confused or Yanks maybe, but not the die hard football supporter.  

12 hours ago, BA14 RED said:

sad but true years ago my nan used to say I'm glad I'm not young anymore, do you know what I think she may have been right, absolutely hate the way the world is going now, cant say anything now without upsetting somebody.

9 minutes ago, pillred said:

sad but true years ago my nan used to say I'm glad I'm not young anymore, do you know what I think she may have been right, absolutely hate the way the world is going now, cant say anything now without upsetting somebody.

I'm upset that you think that way hahaha

12 hours ago, BA14 RED said:

Definitely... too many Eton and Oxford Uni types from both 'ends' of the political spectrum. Left or Right this Country and World is ***** in my opinion and is going the wrong way.

Can't let that one go (though non-football-related).  Of present Labour MPS, only 12% were privately educated,  compared to 45% of Tory MPs (for what it's worth, Lib Dems are just under 30%).  Can't confirm how many current Labour MPs went to Eton, but I suspect the answer is none.

I may be wrong but I thought he only ruled us out of an automatic spot. not a play off position. 
Again, he attributed our injuries as a major factor in his opinion.
I thought he gave a fair and complimentary assessment,  and I'll allow him to talk about us again.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Seems he was right....

Yep, spot on.

The England spell has given him an undeserved reputation, but he did after all win the Dutch League and just might know a bit more about football than us on here might think we do..

Archived