IGNORED

Hörður

reformed_red

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Really good player just not convinced he will ever be able to deal with the pace or physicality of English football IMO

Give the guy a break.  He’s just been part of a defence that kept a clean sheet.  He’s still young and will get better.  I hope we stick with him because I think he’s a very decent footballer.

The bloke gives 100% and for that he deserves respect. Under the ‘cosh’ he is to say the least the most wobbly out of all our defenders and perhaps more error prone. Most of us can see that, I suspect the management can as well, but the big question is will he improve with more game time. 

I think he will 

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Positioning and decision making was very poor at centre back. 

Not easy to swap positions in defence after an injury- he’s hardly played there this season and he’s improving at left back with confidence and I’m sure he will at CB with games

Baker I’d prefer though at this time obviously 

9 minutes ago, Red Ferret said:

He does drift out of position a lot and isn't one to get stuck in. good ball player though 

Good ball player?! Are you absolutely mad? 

This was one of the things he was meant to be good at, but he’s horrendous at it! I haven’t seen someone so panicky on the ball since O’Driscoll asked flint to be Sergio Ramos. 

He made some horrendous passes tonight.

Hodur did well considering he had the static Bryan in front of him. Baker going off added to the pressure. Let’s face it a number of players were off their game. But Johnson needs to tell Magnússon and others not to piss about with the ball when it gets close to our goal line. Kick it out and regroup.

3 minutes ago, windmillhillred said:

Some of the abuse dished out to our players after we keep a clean sheet against a  good Derby side withh incredible options going forward is ludicrous. Magnússon was poor for a half, in his second best position, following weeks of improving performances. Give the guy a break.

The clean sheet does not hide the obvious weaknesses in Magnússon’s game. It’s not abuse, it’s criticism and opinions and it’s what the forum is all about.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’ve sent you a message you muppet and quite happy to put similar on here 

Im at the Gate Tuesday if you fancy repeating this to my face

Are you serious?!

Someone has a different opinion to you and you call him/her out? 

Quite alright for you to do so and state your opinion is it?

6 minutes ago, windmillhillred said:

Some of the abuse dished out to our players after we keep a clean sheet against a  good Derby side withh incredible options going forward is ludicrous. Magnússon was poor for a half, in his second best position, following weeks of improving performances. Give the guy a break.

Abuse?  Where?

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The clean sheet does not hide the obvious weaknesses in Magnússon’s game. It’s not abuse, it’s criticism and opinions and it’s what the forum is all about.

Agree. And I'd personally bring Wright into the middle and play Smith at right-back. But calling our own players shit and awful after a hell of a point is a huge overreaction.

• The topic was locked

Archived