IGNORED

Baker

daored

7 minutes ago, daored said:

Johnson said in interview with Sky, Baker rolled his ankle. Thankfully doesn’t sound serious 

To quote LJ: Baker has rolled his ankle and Frankie felt his groin a bit :laughcont:

52 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

I think it’s down to him throwing his body all over the place and not really giving a shit if his ligaments snap, just as long as that round thing ain’t in his net! :bruce_h4h:

Tbf Flint throws himself around much more than Baker and never seems to get injured.

It seems to me Baker has some sort of weakness, a recurring niggle of some sort which means he is regularly substituted as a precaution if he starts to feel it.

He's usually fit as a fiddle next game so let's hope that's the case again.

14 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Flint is not half the player without Baker alongside him. WTF was he doing coming across and leaving that player free in the box, second half. 

I think this is because Maggers scares the sh1t out of him though. 

Flint is always screaming at him as his positioning aint great.

2 minutes ago, nickolas said:

I think this is because Maggers scares the sh1t out of him though. 

Flint is always screaming at him as his positioning aint great.

So he runs away from the bloke he needs to cover and leaves him acres of space twelve yards out! Flinty ain't the answer when it comes to organising the defence!

But he is many many times the player Maggers is. 

Flint doesnt struggle with Baker next to him. 

Funny how we get pulled out of position as soon as Baker is missing. 

I quite like Magnússon, however i just cant see a position that suits him. 

Should campaign for him to be our quarterback so he can come on jst for long throws and the occasional 30 yard free kick!:clapping:

3 minutes ago, nickolas said:

But he is many many times the player Maggers is. 

Flint doesnt struggle with Baker next to him. 

Funny how we get pulled out of position as soon as Baker is missing. 

I quite like Magnússon, however i just cant see a position that suits him. 

Should campaign for him to be our quarterback so he can come on jst for long throws and the occasional 30 yard free kick!:clapping:

I feel the same about Magnússon.Defo not a CB and not a wing back either.I like him as a city player but still not sure wether he is good enough at this level.Long throws are great but it's the other parts of his game that worry me.

I thought Magnússon did really well in the second half having had to switch position.  He’s not commanding, but that’s not his game.  He’s not one to go flying into tackles, that’s not his game.  He won his aerial battles, which he’s often criticised for.  He didn’t really ‘get done’ at any point.  The pitch was difficult to defend on, and he did a good job.  He was composed on the ball, and passed it well second half.

I get that people worry, because he’s not Flint or Baker, but he didn’t really do a lot wrong at CB did he?  We withstood pressure from a very good side...he was part of that.

1 hour ago, CityCiderEd said:

Defo not a CB and not a wing back...

But if you were awake at Man C you'll have seen he's by far the best left back we have at the club or, Home Vs Wolves, arguably, if not the best, crosser of the ball we have at the mo. Issue if left back, who plays in front of him?

4 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

But if you were awake at Man C you'll have seen he's by far the best left back we have at the club or, Home Vs Wolves, arguably, if not the best, crosser of the ball we have at the mo. Issue if left back, who plays in front of him?

Na, just na.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

People are too busy, desperately nit-picking to find fault with some players, rather than taking each performance individually.  Fine to then base an opinion on a sample.  People have it in for Mags.

This is bang on. Any mistake and they'll jump down his throat, poor lad.

Same people won't criticise Bryan who I thought was static today.

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

This is bang on. Any mistake and they'll jump down his throat, poor lad.

Same people won't criticise Bryan who I thought was static today.

He wasn’t at his best tonight by a long chalk.  Glad Wisdom (I think) didn’t go down in the first half as Derby broke on us, or he could’ve got a second yellow.

He stuck to his task, but had a difficult night.

5 hours ago, RedDave said:

Incredible how often he gets niggles and has to come off.  Never happens with anyone else.  

You do talk some shite! 

Csnt you see how much Baker puts into every game and how much we miss him when he’s not on the pitch..?! 

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You do talk some shite! 

Csnt you see how much Baker puts into every game and how much we miss him when he’s not on the pitch..?! 

It’s bizarre isn’t it? Baker has played 90 minutes 24 out of 27 matches this season,.

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

You do talk some shite! 

Where have I said we dont miss him when he's not on the pitch? I am not criticising him. I love Baker and think he's easily our best defender.  Just pointing out he goes off with niggles a fair bit.  

And no need for abuse

22 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Where have I said we dont miss him when he's not on the pitch? I am not criticising him. I love Baker and think he's easily our best defender.  Just pointing out he goes off with niggles a fair bit.  

And no need for abuse

I don't think he does though, does he? Maybe some memorable occasions, but as Dave F points out above his record of starting and finishing games is absolutely fine. 

9 minutes ago, City Ben said:

I don't think he does though, does he? Maybe some memorable occasions, but as Dave F points out above his record of starting and finishing games is absolutely fine. 

Not saying it happens every game!  About 4/5 times a season he will have to be substituted for a niggle that nobody has seen.  Just commented on it thats all as its unusual.  Didnt say he shouldnt go off. Didnt say he was crap at football. Didnt slag off his beard. 

If I made a City XI since 1988 when I started watching, Baker would be at centre back.  I expect @Bar BS3 will think that is nonsense as well. 

23 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Not saying it happens every game!  About 4/5 times a season he will have to be substituted for a niggle that nobody has seen.  Just commented on it thats all as its unusual.  Didnt say he shouldnt go off. Didnt say he was crap at football. Didnt slag off his beard. 

If I made a City XI since 1988 when I started watching, Baker would be at centre back.  I expect @Bar BS3 will think that is nonsense as well. 

I may be wrong, but I think Baker and Paterson were two players LJ mentioned as having ongoing niggles that needed mentioning. Both nerve issues rather than muscular if I remember correctly. 

Yesterday was a rolled ankle, but I think he does have an ongoing weakness that has led to him missing a couple of games or being subbed on those three occasions.

Archived