IGNORED

Baker

daored

38 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Our most important player. Makes the most obvious difference on the pitch when he’s not playing. First name on the team sheet for me. 

100% on the money - he is for me the best CB in the league AND he adds to Flints game hugely.

I rate Aden a lot and he just gets better but Baker has a lot to do with that.

And another point of praise, for two CB's the lack of bookings is incredible.

51 minutes ago, tommy32 said:

Flint gets all the plaudits and rightly so most of the time but I love Baker. Just gets the job done, 100% effort every game and never found wanting. Can’t ask for more in a central defender, great in the air, good on the deck and loves a tackle. Ok maybe a goal or two like Aden! 

I’ve commented before how he has just slipped into the team almost seamlessly, gives the impression he has been here for years but it’s only really been since August. Obviously he had a long loan spell here a couple of years ago but much of that was him recovering from a long injury lay off wasn’t it, so not at the peak form he is now. He then went on to play a season for Villa again too didn’t he.

I think he was the best bit of business we did last Summer, but his arrival was somewhat overshadowed by the big money Diedhiou and the Flint saga. I know at the time many said we can’t believe our luck regarding Baker, and it’s just gone on to prove that right. It was a good move for him after the Terry God arrived, but an even greater mover for us.

14 minutes ago, RedM said:

I’ve commented before how he has just slipped into the team almost seamlessly, gives the impression he has been here for years but it’s only really been since August. Obviously he had a long loan spell here a couple of years ago but much of that was him recovering from a long injury lay off wasn’t it, so not at the peak form he is now. He then went on to play a season for Villa again too didn’t he.

I think he was the best bit of business we did last Summer, but his arrival was somewhat overshadowed by the big money Diedhiou and the Flint saga. I know at the time many said we can’t believe our luck regarding Baker, and it’s just gone on to prove that right. It was a good move for him after the Terry God arrived, but an even greater mover for us.

Toatally agree and seamless is the right word. The season at Villa would have done wonders for him in terms of experience. I think he’s very underrated and because a ‘quieter’ character on and off the pitch compared to Flint especially goes relatively unnoticed. He’s like a referee - if, as is often the case, he’s not mentioned then he’s had a good game! 

1 minute ago, tommy32 said:

Toatally agree and seamless is the right word. The season at Villa would have done wonders for him in terms of experience. I think he’s very underrated and because a ‘quieter’ character on and off the pitch compared to Flint especially goes relatively unnoticed. He’s like a referee - if, as is often the case, he’s not mentioned then he’s had a good game! 

Exactly. I think when he’s not there Flint tries to do everything and obviously he can’t and occasionally gets himself into trouble. When Baker does play Flint shares the load, there is a trust. Yes you are right Baker is a quieter version of Flint.

I notice no one saying anything about wright, I think last few games he's been a liability at right back, I actually think he's been found out to be honest the amount of times people have ran at him and he either fouls or gets beat, and is itjust me or why the hell do opposition wingers seem to get so much space our fullbacks seem to always be too far in field

10 hours ago, tommy32 said:

Flint gets all the plaudits and rightly so most of the time but I love Baker. Just gets the job done, 100% effort every game and never found wanting. Can’t ask for more in a central defender, great in the air, good on the deck and loves a tackle. Ok maybe a goal or two like Aden! 

Bakes is a defender pure and simple . Nothing else in his head other than to destroy the opponent's attacks . 

He has no shame to welly the ball out of the stadium if it dares to go pass him or the player with it .

I love the guy .

Ave it . 

18 hours ago, nickolas said:

But he is many many times the player Maggers is. 

Flint doesnt struggle with Baker next to him. 

Funny how we get pulled out of position as soon as Baker is missing. 

I quite like Magnússon, however i just cant see a position that suits him. 

Should campaign for him to be our quarterback so he can come on jst for long throws and the occasional 30 yard free kick!:clapping:

Apparently he started his time at Juve as a number 10.

Maybe he needs to move forward again.

29 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Bakes is a defender pure and simple . Nothing else in his head other than to destroy the opponent's attacks . 

He has no shame to welly the ball out of the stadium if it dares to go pass him or the player with it .

I love the guy .

Ave it . 

Imagine if he had played alongside Shaun Taylor,  carnage!!!!!

Archived