IGNORED

Bobby Reid

steviestevieneville

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

There are many, many good things about Reid's game.

Striker, he is not.

tempted to rubbish you but you may have a point, he has been immense this season and filled in a position nobody expected him to be able to do, with the right partner  up front would you like to mark him?

17 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

I think he's converted a percentage of chances that's come his way though I believe a competent striker would have created and converted far more. His lack of statute and presence isn't his fault (I blame the parents) but he's non-existent in the air, provides little or no physical challenge and isn't good at holding it up on his own (which foolishly is what we've demanded of him.)

He is however fleet of foot, quick of thought and possesses more than an element of vision. He has phenomenal workrate, great attitude and is able to press high in defence. Whether he could play the little'un alongside a lump remains to be seen. Personally, I'd pencil him in every time just the front of the middle  behind the strikers.

When WeeLee said Reid came to him, whilst on his sun-lounger, as holding all the credentials of the top-notch striker he'd been looking for I fear, and to paraphrase the great John Arlott, the inexorable mixture of sun and alcohol (retsina perchance) began to weave their magic....

amazed you have 257 likes must have a very large family.

3 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

I fail to see where you are coming from.

I refer the honourable gentleman to our failure in troubling the onion bag of late. That's not Reid fault, we are as such despite his efforts, not because of them.

Bobby is essential upfront to our high press, you won't see another striker we have do it as well as he does. We saw it earlier in the season and briefly against Derby, having someone like Fammy upfront too gives Bobby more freedom to operate as the defenders are more occupied with Fammy as a striker than Pato in his roaming role.

7 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Wonderful point, amazing Bobby easily worth £20M whatever position he is in and will succeed in this league or Prem.

Amazed so many other threads post the game picked on downsides like hodor rather than the many +s eg Booby, Steel, result etc.

“So many other threads”. Fake news.

There’s one about Magnússon. Please show me the others.

Just checked -

Positive thread about Fammy’s return

Positive thread about Steele

Positive thread about Pack

Positive thread about Smith and Pack

And a clear consensus view that a draw was a good result.

Are facts entirely irrelevant to your posts?

27 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

“So many other threads”. Fake news.

There’s one about Magnússon. Please show me the others.

Just checked -

Positive thread about Fammy’s return

Positive thread about Steele

Positive thread about Pack

Positive thread about Smith and Pack

And a clear consensus view that a draw was a good result.

Are facts entirely irrelevant to your posts?

Amongst a weird little group who have a complete breakdown if anyone as much as makes anything but positive comment about any player or aspect of a game and immediately post ‘drama’ posts like you’ve highlighted 

gushing praise are the only posts allowed 

Kerp up CR

No debate - gushing posts only :nono:

Only the blind ......

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Felt sorry for him as a lone striker, not his game.

I suspected if he harried Keogh he’d force a few errors which he did. SO much better with Diedhiou - allows him to roam and drop into space which really improves his game. No wonder we were so keen to get Fam on early.

As usual, I agree.

Is it just me or is Keogh massively overrated?

Dodgy distribution, twice bailed out by the excellent Curtis Davies, he always looks like an accident waiting to happen to me.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

As usual, I agree.

Dodgy distribution, twice bailed out by the excellent Curtis Davies, he always looks like an accident waiting to happen to me.

Keogh has been suspect for the last couple of seasons, he's a good defender but he'll make silly mistakes. 

For me Bobby is more of a number 10 playing off the big man (Fam or Milan or dare I say even Woodrow) because he is able to get that space and a bit more time. 

10 hours ago, RedDave said:

Agreed. A few of my mates thought we weren't very good.  I thought we deserved a point and were excellent in spells.

People forget Derby are second, 9 games unbeaten and lost 2 in 20

It's still a concern that for all our possession, we created very few chances. The same could be said of the Norwich game. 

11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

As usual, I agree.

Agree Graham

Curtis Davies as good as it gets as a centre half at this level

Luckily we have some contenders in that position too

18 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

As usual, I agree.

Davies was very good, I’ve always liked him. 

I don’t think Keogh is promotion quality, maybe he’s in the team for his leadership or he’s good for the dressing room. Definitely wouldn’t pick him over our first choice centre halves.

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree Graham

They’ve got such strength in depth. I thought Jerome looked a handful when he came on. Would probably suit us quite well forgetting his probably high wages.

We defended well yesterday considering what quality we were up against.

11 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

They’ve got such strength in depth. I thought Jerome looked a handful when he came on. Would probably suit us quite well forgetting his probably high wages.

We defended well yesterday considering what quality we were up against.

Thought Jerome might have been ideal for us tbh 

A  Bobby who has the physical presence of Famara

Works hard , (Not to Bobbys level - but who does ) ,links play well , Bobby has better tech skills and will outscore him

Think he would have been a good third option to mix n match with Famara and Bobby , with Pato to add as another second striker / 10 option

27 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree Graham

Not so long ago Davies was being touted as an England player. Certainly Premier League quality.

I still wouldn't swap Flint and Baker for anybody though.;)

7 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

Maybe an idea to support your team/players as opposed to diss them ? 

Kindly show where in this thread I've 'dissed' players? Saying they aren't good enough for the next step in our progression, or failing to agree with the laughable plaudits presently doing the rounds,  doesn't denigrate what they do or how they do it, it's simply a dose of reality. If they were that good they'd already be in the top flight. Should they take us to the top flight for sure most will be replaced.

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Didn’t the commentators say his good Keogh is at bringing the ball forward.  Has that ever been his game?  It’s not something I’ve noticed.

To be fair I remember him as a defender who scored a few goals for City and used to bring it out from the back well.  I’ve always thought the defending side of being a defender was his weakness! 

5 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Kindly show where in this thread I've 'dissed' players? Saying they aren't good enough for the next step in our progression, or failing to agree with the laughable plaudits presently doing the rounds,  doesn't denigrate what they do or how they do it, it's simply a dose of reality. If they were that good they'd already be in the top flight. Should they take us to the top flight for sure most will be replaced.

Don’t agree with every one of your views, ( some I do ) but they are your views and explained 

But ...... don’t you dare have an opinion on here atm that doesn’t follow the consensus or the crusade

Anyone would think it’s a forum !!

Archived