IGNORED

Marlon Pack

Hocca

This man deserves his own thread every week. Everything goes through him , sharp reverse passes into Bobby and pato are superb , and it often goes unnoticed , but he wins everything in the air and is an absolute engine! 

People will only truly appreciate him when he leaves.

3 minutes ago, Hocca said:

This man deserves his own thread every week. Everything goes through him , sharp reverse passes into Bobby and pato are superb , and it often goes unnoticed , but he wins everything in the air and is an absolute engine! 

People will only truly appreciate him when he leaves.

Hocca . Absolutely . Again tonight immense whether shutting down Russelll and Lawrence or. Hearing clear and good forward passing . Key player . 

1 minute ago, Tammys Scan said:

Last half hour was the worst on the pitch, so sloppy & out of position.

Don’t agree. Think this was down to some poor clearances from Magnússon putting him in bad area and in a part of the game where we generally on the back foot.

Thought he had a very good fine too, but also thought he was a bit sloppy and dallied a couple of times, inviting pressure.  I counter that by saying that was one tough game tonight, and he was key to us getting the point, but also key to springing us forward.

When you think of the run of games we have had, how we got thumped by Villa and lost to Wolves, had ManU and ManCity, Derby now, its been absolutely mental, to come though it with no new injuries and have players returning is massive.

We play great football, but that cannot be sustained all of the time, we can't expect chocolate frosties every week, sometimes buckwheats will suffice and we will enjoy it.

Well summarised by OP, the Carrick of our team that's vital in supporting defence in winning first balls aerially, being available in possession, keeping things ticking over nicely by switching play and has vision to play those cute reverse balls when there's the movement ahead of breaking the lines of the opposition. One of our best 'footballers'.

For what it's worth I thought Korey and Bobby were outstanding too...as were the collective, this team never know when they're beaten, well done lads!

Pack

2 minutes ago, Leroyfromthestart said:

Well summarised by OP, the Carrick of our team that's vital in supporting defence in winning first balls aerially, being available in possession, keeping things ticking over nicely by switching play and has vision to play those cute reverse balls when there's the movement ahead of breaking the lines of the opposition. One of our best 'footballers'.

For what it's worth I thought Korey and Bobby were outstanding too...as were the collective, this team never know when they're beaten, well done lads!

Totally agree Marlon, Korey and Bobby were excellent tonight. Josh and Pato a little bit below, it happens. Pato, fock me   how??

8 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

When you think of the run of games we have had, how we got thumped by Villa and lost to Wolves, had ManU and ManCity, Derby now, its been absolutely mental, to come though it with no new injuries and have players returning is massive.

We play great football, but that cannot be sustained all of the time, we can't expect chocolate frosties every week, sometimes buckwheats will suffice and we will enjoy it.

I know Diedhiou coming back is exciting, but you can't have forgotten Frankie and Baker already!

12 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

must have played well as I can’t remember Derby’s midfielders setting the world alight 

They did not set the world even half alight . They were devoid of ideas . Constantly feeding Russell who ran round in circles with no end result . Pack had another excellent game against the " form " team . Derby took off Lawrence who for me was their only real threat . Huddlestone did not want to know and Vydra up front  as shackled by Flint and Bailey Wright . 

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Pack

Totally agree Marlon, Korey and Bobby were excellent tonight. Josh and Pato a little bit below, it happens. Pato, fock me   how??

Re Pato - It certainly does happen, he was little below his usual best but I'd still credit him for getting into great positions, top notch work rate as always and along with bobby 2 of the best in tight situations in retaining possession, probably due to both having excellent balance...Would be difficult to get the football off of each of these in a phone box!

4 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

This is true, but Steele is more than good enough. Baker is the one we need back. Magnússon is a good full back behind Joey.. struggles at centre half

Yes . Steele did well , made a couple of really god saves . I thought Mags did well behind JB . 

3 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

One of our most underatated players in the last decade. 

Written off by so many on here and the wider fan base before even playing 30 Championship games.

I don't think LJ really fancied him when he came in but he's won him over and kicked on again

Worried he is OOC in the Summer 

Hes not. The club can activate a 1 year option should they wish. 

Archived