IGNORED

What a difference with mobile target man.

barneyrubble

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

It’s also amazing the amount of people who were saying he offered nothing & we needed someone better back in September are now shouting about happy they are to have him back :fear:

I know....a few a bit too quick to judge the new man settling into a new country, in a new club, in a new team.

If they watched more than just his goals column in that initial month, you’d see a player getting used to a lot of different things and improving in all areas.

19 minutes ago, petehinton said:

It’s also amazing the amount of people who were saying he offered nothing & we needed someone better back in September are now shouting about happy they are to have him back :fear:

to be fair he didn't start very well did he, a lot of people would have thought he was a waste of money, with hindsight we can see that was wrong.

4 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Famara- like the big nasty bloke who pushes to the front of the queue which you've been waiting in for ages and gets served straight away.

Bobby- like the annoying little wasp in the pub garden who just won't leave you alone, constantly in your face and can sting at any moment.

Nice combo.

Probably on a limb here but I think the lack of an upfront partner has helped Bobbys development and made him a better player by toughening him up. With the added support it will take pressure off him and he can progress further. I see a win / win scenario here for BCFC.

20 minutes ago, pillred said:

to be fair he didn't start very well did he, a lot of people would have thought he was a waste of money, with hindsight we can see that was wrong.

He was fine, and no they didn't. Only those who love to judge players after a couple of games - which, devoid of all context, is a naive way to think assess players.

33 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Probably on a limb here but I think the lack of an upfront partner has helped Bobbys development and made him a better player by toughening him up. With the added support it will take pressure off him and he can progress further. I see a win / win scenario here for BCFC.

Totally agree, it’s forced him to improve him back-to-goal and also made his run the channels.  At home that’s probably meant he’s had to be unselfish and create space for others, meaning he’s not got into scoring positions so often.

• Admin
8 hours ago, Robbored said:

Good question CC

My attitude to "hoofball" remains as it's always been - percentages are so low that it's simply an easy way of losing possession. Not only that but it's dreadful to watch.

Im glad to say that LJ seems to agree with me and I was really impressed when he took Djuric off at half time not so long ago  during an away game and explained post match that it wasn't Milans performance that led to him being replaced but it was because the defence in particular had been lumping the ball upto him and LJ wanted to remove the option and had I been in his company when he said he'd have got a man hug!

Famara is not employed as a 'target man' but as a physical presence and we saw last night what a difference that made.

Would that have been the away game against Preston.....at Ashton Gate? :dunno:

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He was fine, and no they didn't. Only those who love to judge players after a couple of games - which, devoid of all context, is a naive way to think assess players.

his bad start was a little more than a couple of games though wasn't it, and yes they did, lots of posters said he was rubbish, so I don't know how you can say no they didn't, go back and look at the posts after he had been with us for a month a lot of them are pretty damning.

14 hours ago, pillred said:

his bad start was a little more than a couple of games though wasn't it, and yes they did, lots of posters said he was rubbish, so I don't know how you can say no they didn't, go back and look at the posts after he had been with us for a month a lot of them are pretty damning.

Yes, posters who are naive in their assessment of players. Anyone who thought he was ‘rubbish’ when he arrived is a bit foolish. 

For what it’s worth he was fine, but those that did criticise him ignored the context of him being new to the country, new standard of football, new teammates etc.. it’s no coincidence we were only beginning to see his consistent best around the time of his injury after he’d been here a couple of months.

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yes, posters who are naive in their assessment of players. Anyone who thought he was ‘rubbish’ when he arrived is a bit foolish. 

For what it’s worth he was fine, but those that did criticise him ignored the context of him being new to the country, new standard of football, new teammates etc.. it’s no coincidence we were only beginning to see his consistent best around the time of his injury after he’d been here a couple of months.

I was one of his harshest critics when he first arrived, as I said in my post the criticisms now seem harsh to say the least, I had underestimated the difficulty in adapting to a new environment team etc, was just seeing the simple picture of football is football how different can it be, but he is [was] showing now why we paid 5 million for him. 

Archived