IGNORED

What we’re up against...

Fordy62

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

The race for second is going to be very hard. Probably a little beyond us if I’m being truthful. 

Anyone who disagrees might like to look at last night...

In the 76th minute, Rowett took off Lawrence, Vydra & Nugent. 

And replaced them with Jerome, Weimann & Winnall. 

Talk about an embarrassment of riches. 

We know that Villa are similarly star studded. And Wolves are just ridiculous. 

Top 6 would be absolutely excellent. But I’m just pleased we’re operating as an effective unit. The whole team is playing better than the sum of its parts. That’s all I ever wanted from LJ.

Things are looking good. 

Nice haul of likes there Fordy :whistle:

5 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

The race for second is going to be very hard. Probably a little beyond us if I’m being truthful. 

Top 6 would be absolutely excellent. But I’m just pleased we’re operating as an effective unit. The whole team is playing better than the sum of its parts. That’s all I ever wanted from LJ.

Things are looking good. 

I have to say I don't really rate any of the three strikers that came off the bench 

26 minutes ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

I have to say I don't really rate any of the three strikers that came off the bench 

Thought that Fammy chap looked a bit useful when he came on :)

We're a good side who probably lack a bit of depth at the moment. Throw in the cup run and its effects and i think top 6 will be an excellent finish. That said our run in is not too bad and injuries are returning, so a similar run to pre -xmas and you never know....

regardless it's been a brilliant ride this season and longer term the future is rosy.

7 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Things are looking good. 

Nugent and Jerome are has beens. Granted Derby have more house hold names than us but there names only IMO.

Think we have a chance, as do the other contenders. We will need better luck with injuries from now on in, and maybe as the season goes on the pressure will build on the players and managers of teams like Villa, Leeds, Boro, Derby than us.

Basically it is a dogfight from here on in

Great isn' it ?

Looking at our fixtures if we're still in contention for 2nd when we get to the Preston game then I think we have a great chance. But that run of games at the end of Feb running into March are tough - Leeds, Fulham, Cardiff, Wednesday and then Preston all teams that are up there.

8 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Good post Fordy

Unbelivable experience and ‘ pedigree ‘ in their side / squad yet we went toe to toe and gave them a very good contest

Watched it a second time ((Less stressful and easier to watch carefully !) and we played well and look a well coached , collective side

We could just do with that ruthless cutting edge at times , but we are a good side, and very pleasing in the eye

Derby and Villas squads should see one of them get a top two and we are punching above our weight with resources available so who knows what’s to come

Cant see top two personally but a play off place would be a remarkable achievement IMHO

Yeh I agree with this. 

I don't think our fans gave us as much credit as the team deserved. I just seen fans saying how lucky we were. 

I thought we controlled the game for large parts and our interplay was far superior. But Derby in fairness did have the better chances. 

We just look a good team. I'm not sure it will result in Auto's or Playoffs for that matter, but we've come on so much.

Archived