IGNORED

What is our best XI?

Willj132

Last night was wondering, with our players slowly coming back from injury what would be our best 11 if everyone was fit?

My guess:
                     Fielding
Pisano       Flint     Baker     Bryan
Patterson   Smith   Pack    O'Dowda
                Diedhiou   Reid

That means leaving out players like Wright and Brownhill who have played almost every game, as well as our new signings Walsh and Kent. With Johnson looking to bring another player in as well, going to make it very hard to pick a best XI.
Wondered what everyone else thought? Definitely, a good headache to have.

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

I think the team we started with last night is our best XI. 

I totally disagree. We lack so much going forward with Centre Backs at Full Back, a Left Back at Left Wing and a Centre Midfield at Right Wing. O'Dowda, Pisano, Diedhiou all start in my best 11.

If everyone is fit, I’ve got to say it is not an easy decision.  I agree above that you’d have the chance to play people in their proper positions.

But that means, for example:

- Pisano at RB = Wright over Flint or Baker???

- O’Fowda at RM/W = Brownhill over Smith or Pack???

Good luck LJ.  This is where you hope the squad is a squad and they understand the importance of once you get possession of the shirt, you do your utmost to keep it because you know if you do fall out of form, you ain’t gonna get the shirt back very quickly.

2 hours ago, Willj132 said:

Last night was wondering, with our players slowly coming back from injury what would be our best 11 if everyone was fit?

My guess:
                     Fielding
                Diedhiou   Reid

That means leaving out players like Wright and Brownhill who have played almost every game, as well as our new signings Walsh and Kent. With Johnson looking to bring another player in as well, going to make it very hard to pick a best XI.
Wondered what everyone else thought? Definitely, a good headache to have.

I agree with your team 100%

12 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Hard to name a best XI as I would pick different teams based on opposition.  Probably three combinations.  

All would include 

Fielding, Flint, Baker, Bryan, Smith, Reid, Brownhill, Paterson.  

8 players and then go from there.

Add Fam and I would totally agree, those are my definates

25 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Hard to name a best XI as I would pick different teams based on opposition.  Probably three combinations.  

All would include 

Those players are the core/spine  of the team.

3 hours ago, RedDave said:

All would include 

Agree, although personally I'd add Pack and Diedhiou...and then we've got a core of 10 with one starting place to play for.

Tough decisions ahead for LJ when everyone is fit.

Sadly we didn't have much time where LJ had that problem , with Flints head turning then when he came back Pisano getting injured. Odowda and Patt's filling in the wide roles with Brownhill in rotation with Pack and Smith, it was working well.
A few more retuning and we have that cover back where we can rotate and keep fit and running.  With Mags showing he can be worth a spot and Walsh adding to the mix. Kent could also prove a good addition and add balance and threat wide, just as COD did early on in the season , hopefully he'll be back soon.
It will be nice to have those problems soon. I think we have missed having a genuine RB in the team , though BW has done an excellent job covering. I like BW but I would say Flint/Baker is a formidable CB pairing and would take some shifting. JB started to look every bit the FB , even if his standards have slipped a little lately (maybe switching positions hasn't helped him). MF is tougher You would probably have Korey , but after that as @RedDave said , I think we will pick a side best suited to beat certain opposition.  Up front Patterson, Reid, FD and Duric could all be switched around but I would say FD with Reid as a ten , just as we did early in the season . I like Patts central , his twisting runs are almost wasted wide. The extra space and opportunities a central role offers can make him far more of a threat, but how to fit them all in ????
That's why LJ gets the big bucks, and all the shit from OTIB :yes:

A fully fit Djuric would have to be a strong contender for a starting spot. The strongest argument against is probably the risk of making the rest of the players resort to long balls instead of trying to play.

With all players fit there’d be times to use O’Neill and Hegeler too.

7 hours ago, RedDave said:

All would include 

Club captain and Pack wont be happy. Dont think we have a best 11 which can only be good.

I would go with this  starting 11 and this bench, we maybe seeing O’Neil instead of Walsh to help see the game out .                                 

Fielding 

Pisano          Flint            Baker           Bryant 

Brownhill     Pack           Smith       Patterson    

Reid          Diedhiou 

Steele, Wright, Magnasson, Walsh/O’Neill O’Dowda, Kent, Dujric, 

20 hours ago, Euan BCFC said:

Ahead of Pack, yes. Maybe not Brownhill but I prefer him out wide 

Personally think we played our best football of the season when Brownhill was playing centrally, I know he is doing a stop gap job out wide while Odowda is out but we lose a lot of our mobility going forward.  I like Pack and he has imho been playing extremely well there recently but I would definitely opt for Brownhill over Pack, can't really comment on Walsh as haven't seen enough of him to judge yet.

On 20/1/2018 at 12:34, Willj132 said:

My guess:
                     Fielding
                Diedhiou   Reid

I guess LJ had that XI in his mind at the beginning of the season, with the exception of Flint, who was expected to leave in the summer.

In a certain way, the fact that Wright did really well as RB, as Brownhill did in the RM role, could help LJ in his future team selection, when Pisano and O'Dowda will come back. Probably the injury that gives us more problems right now is the Djuric's one, because he's the best option as Fammy's substitute, whereas Taylor and Woodrow are different and cant' have the same impact, tactically speaking.

Then there are O'Neill and Hegeler, but I have some doubts about them: for Gary, it's only a matter of age-injury relation, whereas I saw too little of the German to judge him properly. Anyway, we now have Walsh as cover for the CMs.

Archived