IGNORED

Tyson Fury has a message for us.

Vincent Vega

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don't think he is particularly

Yes he's said some silly things in the past. Whilst it doesn't excuse him, being from the background that he is means that perhaps he'd be exposed to some outdated views. He's a good man really, at least he's the real deal rather than a media trained illusion.

If you dislike Fury for those reasons, I'd be interested to know your views on the Joshua comments to Eddie Chambers in November (which is just the tip of the iceberg) 

Shame, I hope he comes back and reclaims his belts!

Tbf, I don't care what background he comes from, it's not an excuse. He has his own mind and can form his own opinions and views.

My friend's dad was from the school of Enoch Powell and Alf Garnet but she is passionately against racism in all forms.

As for Joshua, I had no idea about what was said, but he's just as bad now. I couldn't give a hoot if you're black/white, male/female, gay/straight, cat person/dog person etc... you sit on the toilet to take a dump just like me so we're all the same in my book.

1 minute ago, Septic Peg said:

Tbf, I don't care what background he comes from, it's not an excuse. He has his own mind and can form his own opinions and views.

My friend's dad was from the school of Enoch Powell and Alf Garnet but she is passionately against racism in all forms.

No of course he has his own mind, but in my opinion background does influence you. I dislike those views he holds though despite liking him as a boxer.

1 minute ago, Septic Peg said:

As for Joshua, I had no idea about what was said, but he's just as bad now. I couldn't give a hoot if you're black/white, male/female, gay/straight, cat person/dog person etc... you sit on the toilet to take a dump just like me so we're all the same in my book.

:yes:

7 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Herein lies the problem... 

Fury makes a comment and the media hound him. Golden boy AJ makes very unnecessary and bizarre racist comments to Eddie Chambers (a thoroughly good bloke) and its brushed under the carpet without a mention.

17 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Herein lies the problem... 

Fury makes a comment and the media hound him. Golden boy AJ makes very unnecessary and bizarre racist comments to Eddie Chambers (a thoroughly good bloke) and its brushed under the carpet without a mention.

It’s only the non boxing fans who think AJ is a saint,we all know his past.If you ask the general public about Frank Bruno now they will say ahh good old frank the loveable chap and not a word would be said about him beating his wife

55 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It’s only the non boxing fans who think AJ is a saint,we all know his past.If you ask the general public about Frank Bruno now they will say ahh good old frank the loveable chap and not a word would be said about him beating his wife

This is true, as a non fight fan.
Joshua , from my pov , is a good bloke and I love he doesn't trash talk, always seems a nice polite friendly guy. I admit I've only seen bits on TV.  Tyson Fury is a complete and utter fruit loop ! Batman and all the stunts ? completely mad, but great box office. Now I've seen bits on him and most don't show him in a good light.
When it comes to the fight even I'll watch.

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Joshua , from my pov , is a good bloke and I love he doesn't trash talk, always seems a nice polite friendly guy. I admit I've only seen bits on TV.

And that's exactly what Eddie Hearn and Matchroom would want. His media image is one of a good sportsman, 'stay humble', positive role model etc.. but there's a darker side to him. I think he's a good fighter and it's great to see a British heavyweight do so well, but I don't think he's a good guy.

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Tyson Fury is a complete and utter fruit loop ! Batman and all the stunts ? completely mad, but great box office. Now I've seen bits on him and most don't show him in a good light.

He is crazy, but he's genuine - and is the more talented fighter in my opinion.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Joshua , from my pov , is a good bloke and I love he doesn't trash talk, always seems a nice polite friendly guy. I admit I've only seen bits on TV.  Tyson Fury is a complete and utter fruit loop ! Batman and all the stunts ? completely mad, but great box office. Now I've seen bits on him and most don't show him in a good light.

Fury has to play the clown to sell fights because his style to the man on the street is not exciting enough where with AJ you know he’s going to knock someone out or be knocked out himself which is what joe public want to see if they are going to pay for a fight 

4 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

You're right, there's a reason AJ's team are keen to avoid him.

Are you serious? No one has avoided the bloke, he's been sat eating, doing peds and knocking back the gak for years with no licence.

Re the Joshua stuff,  several people had access to his social media and one of them went rogue one night and sent loads of dodgy messages. It hasn't been reported widely because it is a non story. It's been explained several times by Hearn and Matchroom, there is no cover up.

It's bizarre how folk are so keen to hate on Joshua, and are so certain Fury would easily beat him. I'm not sure stupefying Wlad is the same as keeping Joshua off you, even if Fury is far more technically skilled. Let's not forget Tyson  got put on his arse by the puffed up cruiserweight Steve Cunningham despite his allegedly amazing boxing skillset.

Good message though, thanks big man!

23 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Are you serious? No one has avoided the bloke, he's been sat eating, doing peds and knocking back the gak for years with no licence.

Re the Joshua stuff,  several people had access to his social media and one of them went rogue one night and sent loads of dodgy messages. It hasn't been reported widely because it is a non story. It's been explained several times by Hearn and Matchroom, there is no cover up.

It's bizarre how folk are so keen to hate on Joshua, and are so certain Fury would easily beat him. I'm not sure stupefying Wlad is the same as keeping Joshua off you, even if Fury is far more technically skilled. Let's not forget Tyson  got put on his arse by the puffed up cruiserweight Steve Cunningham despite his allegedly amazing boxing skillset.

Good message though, thanks big man!

It'll be a walk in the park for the man mountain AJ then. I actually like Joshua but feel he's going to be found against Fury........ time will tell.

13 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

It'll be a walk in the park for the man mountain AJ then. I actually like Joshua but feel he's going to be found against Fury........ time will tell.

I'm no Joshua fan boy mate, I've been watching boxing far too long to get swept along by hype. Just genuinely curious why so many people are convinced Fury would box AJ's ears off, given what would be coming back at him.

There's a great boxing thread on the non football board for all those interested btw!

34 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I'm no Joshua fan boy mate, I've been watching boxing far too long to get swept along by hype. Just genuinely curious why so many people are convinced Fury would box AJ's ears off, given what would be coming back at him.

There's a great boxing thread on the non football board for all those interested btw!

In my opinion the best version of Fury would win - if I had to put money on it. I think he'd rattle Joshua in the build up and is just too unorthodox and slick. There are a LOT of caveats to that though. I'm not a huge Joshua fan (as you know!) but I admit he's a very good fighter and has improved rapidly. Each time he's needed to he's stepped up. His fight vs Klitschko was a magnificent spectacle. I think it would be close though simply because of Joshua's power. I don't know how Fury would cope against that - especially, as you mention, he's got previous for being knocked down.

Main caveat would be can the 'best version' of Fury ever return? He admitted himself he'd struggle to get back to that weight he was vs Klitschko and would probably start to fight at 19st+. All the fun he's had away from boxing will put mileage on his body. Even though he's only 29 I can't realistically see him still fighting at 36+. 

This is definitely going into boxing thread territory now!

Firstly Parker has a decent chance of beating Joshua imo. Any heavyweight will fancy their chances of knocking him out after seeing Whyte rattle him, and a better fighter would have beat him then, and also Klitschko should have finished him off too, age and lack of a competitive fight for 18 months put an end to that. Klitschko a couple of years younger would have beat Joshua easily in my opinion.

The thing Joshua has though, is he does seem to keep improving and stepping up. Parker will be getting right under his skin, and if Joshua beats him and manages to arrange a fight with Fury, you know Fury will be winding him up for months.

14 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Firstly Parker has a decent chance of beating Joshua imo. Any heavyweight will fancy their chances of knocking him out after seeing Whyte rattle him, and a better fighter would have beat him then, and also Klitschko should have finished him off too, age and lack of a competitive fight for 18 months put an end to that. Klitschko a couple of years younger would have beat Joshua easily in my opinion.

The thing Joshua has though, is he does seem to keep improving and stepping up. Parker will be getting right under his skin, and if Joshua beats him and manages to arrange a fight with Fury, you know Fury will be winding him up for months.

I would say Parker and Higgins were entirely put in their place at the presser. Both of them did their arsehole as soon as they were given the chance to repeat any of the bollocks they've been coming out with before the fight was made and ended up backtracking and apologising. Hardly getting under AJ's skin.

11 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I would say Parker and Higgins were entirely put in their place at the presser. Both of them did their arsehole as soon as they were given the chance to repeat any of the bollocks they've been coming out with before the fight was made and ended up backtracking and apologising. Hardly getting under AJ's skin.

Very true, even had Eddie put them in their place! I guess their next attempt is to have Fury walk him into the ring 

38 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Hi Stortz..

I felt that  aswell, perhaps they were being parochial, I don't know, his last two fights were a glorified sparing session and a fight v a cruiserweight which was close..

we all know AJ v Fury is the biggest domestic fight of all time, possibly the biggest (FM aside) ever...

9 hours ago, Spoons said:

Top man and I would love him to fight Joshua as I think he would school him just like he did with klitscko !

Agree with this. 

In my view he gets a bad press because he is a) from the travelling community (possibly understandably so) and b) because he’s “different.”

Would love to see him and Joshua in a ring because I think Fury is a born fighter, similar to how Mike Tyson was.

1 hour ago, B1ackbird said:

Hi Stortz..

I felt that  aswell, perhaps they were being parochial, I don't know, his last two fights were a glorified sparing session and a fight v a cruiserweight which was close..

we all know AJ v Fury is the biggest domestic fight of all time, possibly the biggest (FM aside) ever...

Hi mate, hope you're well.

I think Higgins is a complete loon tbh, he was off his chops at the presser for Parker v Fury last year.

I'd say Tyson's main issue other than getting into fighting shape atm is the fact that he seems to have split with Peter- who was undoubtedly the mastermind behind his win over Wlad. Ben Davison is apparently training him now and he trained BJS into his worst ever condition and fights.

17 hours ago, Stortz said:

Hi mate, hope you're well.

I think Higgins is a complete loon tbh, he was off his chops at the presser for Parker v Fury last year.

I'd say Tyson's main issue other than getting into fighting shape atm is the fact that he seems to have split with Peter- who was undoubtedly the mastermind behind his win over Wlad. Ben Davison is apparently training him now and he trained BJS into his worst ever condition and fights.

I thought Ricky Hatton was training him?

Archived