IGNORED

Derby view

supercidered

I have to say I was dreading another trial by TV for our trip to Derby. I know City walloped them at home but from what I have heard they have been impressive over last couple of months. However, I thought they were pretty average for the most part last night. I hardly heard the home support and fair play to the city fans that made the trip and could hear them throughout the match.

My opinion was that we looked assured for the most part and played some really sharp accurate passages of play in tight situations and never seemed to panic. Maybe we made Derby look a bit ordinary or maybe we are a bit better than I thought we were? I do get the feeling that we could go on another little run shortly and that second place is really up for grabs. We have now played Wolves, Derby and f@cking Villa twice now and comparing the fixtures already played compared with the remaining fixtures, I reckon we are in a good place. Added to that I thought Fammy did brilliant seeing as hes been out for so long. Other players will also start to reappear from their lay offs and the newbies will settle in. Bring on the rest of the season COYR!

I’m pretty similar in my thoughts too.

We are a decent side.  Whether we’ve got enough to push for 2nd I don’t know...but I don’t see us falling away either.  Points don’t always come in the games you expect them to, so I don’t particularly care how we get them.

For City I think we are a team that build confidence on not losing, keep the points ticking over.  Until the recent run we’d only lost 3 and were almost at 2 pts per game (47/24)....the points kept getting added too and the likes of Cardiff and Sheffield Utd has been hauled in.

I hope that night’s draw (and 1 point) is the kickstart for another period of accumulation.

Archived