IGNORED

Who gets to be a SAG?

BigAl&Toby

It's normally representatives of the local authority, police, fire brigade, ambulance service.

From the limited publicly available information for our SAG it's the following...

Core

• Bristol City Council Public Health Services
  • Avon and Somerset Constabulary
  • Avon Fire & Rescue Service
  • Building Regulations and Standards
  • South Western Ambulance Service NHS Trust

Invited

• Club Representation
  • First Aid provider
  • Sports Grounds Safety Authority
  • Legal representation
  • Any other appropriate person or body

Additional invitees
For specific purposes only, the following may be invited to SAG meetings

• Highways Authority
  • British Transport Police
  • Supporters’ Groups
  • Interested parties

14 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

It's normally representatives of the local authority, police, fire brigade, ambulance service.

From the limited publicly available information for our SAG it's the following...

Core

• Bristol City Council Public Health Services
  • Avon and Somerset Constabulary
  • Avon Fire & Rescue Service
  • Building Regulations and Standards
  • South Western Ambulance Service NHS Trust

Invited

• Club Representation
  • First Aid provider
  • Sports Grounds Safety Authority
  • Legal representation
  • Any other appropriate person or body

Additional invitees
For specific purposes only, the following may be invited to SAG meetings

• Highways Authority
  • British Transport Police
  • Supporters’ Groups
  • Interested parties

Interesting. So not a mythical creature after all then.

Anyone know why information is limited. Or who the actual SAG is?

Or why their view might differ from someone else’s? I guess the SAG at the Etihad must’ve taken a different view.

And has any representation from a BCFC supporters group ever been invited or attended?

Or like they who attend that building at the bottom of Park Street wearing their aprons is it a bit of a secret society?

Who are these people? 

• SC&T Board Members
20 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Have any Supporters Groups for us ever been invited??

I'm guessing no.

Correct, no!

Their national supervisory body, the Sports Ground Safety Authority, recommends that SAGs have supporter representation. Ours, despite repeated requests to do this, has to date declined to do so.

A number of SAGs around the country also ensure transparency by publishing the minutes of their meetings. Our does not do so and refuses FOI requests for details of matters discussed.

It is anything but supporter-friendly or transparent. @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO, I'm sure you will agree that it is high time our SAG changed its approach! Can you assist with this? What have they got to hide?

2 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

Correct, no!

Their national supervisory body, the Sports Ground Safety Authority, recommends that SAGs have supporter representation. Ours, despite repeated requests to do this, has to date declined to do so.

A number of SAGs around the country also ensure transparency by publishing the minutes of their meetings. Our does not do so and refuses FOI requests for details of matters discussed.

It is anything but supporter-friendly or transparent. @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO, I'm sure you will agree that it is high time our SAG changed its approach! Can you assist with this? What have they got to hide?

I'm out of reactions so can't thank in reaction form but yeah thanks for enlightening the rest of us.

Archived