IGNORED

Taylor Moore

kiwicolin

10 minutes ago, swanker said:

I have seen him play and thought he did quite well against Hull in the cup. Since then he career seems to have taken a nosedive. A million is a lot of money in my book  for someone to be shipped out to a struggling league two side. If he is going to come good he'd better start putting in some performances soon.  

As so many people have already said, some of the best players in our squad were playing in the lower leagues at his age or older. The response from people at Cheltenham seems to have been generally positive, too, so it sounds like he is putting in some positive performances.

Just because we need a couple of first team players through the door now doesn't mean buying for the future is suddenly a bad idea. No one gets any time any more in football - just let him develop as a player and see what happens. 

Taylor Moore may or may not come good as a player for the Club.  Initially Lee called him Bobby Moore because of his composure on the ball.  Either way I can't fault the transfer market philosophy of picking up young players for development if they have shown early hints of quality.  City might pick up ten players who meet this criteria for around the price of Taylor Moore and even if five or six completely flop (unlikely)  it only takes one to develop into a £15m player to make the strategy worthwhile.   Besides it's refreshing to see City bringing in developing young players who might prove to be a bargain rather than solely forking out a fortune on transfer fees and wages for proven players at this level or above.   

I say solely because one or two of the latter if they fit the team ethos might help secure a play-off place or better. The risk of course in paying higher wages than the current group is that it could damage team / squad spirit.

“One million dollars” in my best Austin Power’s Dr Evil voice (I know it was pounds) is nothing in today’s market. How much would Tammy have cost before he joined us on loan, unproven? Johnson said something like twenty million. Was he worth that much before his games in the championship - probably not, but Chelsea, with their massive loan system, based his value on his potential. The million pounds for Moore is not for the player he was when we bought him, but whom he can become. The important point is that we paid the money, mere peanuts, to enable US to mould him into a player that fits the way we play. That is what his loans, like all our outgoings, are tailored for. It’s not just for experience, but for specific gains. He needs more physicality – that is what he has been sent to that league to learn. When he returns, he will probably be sent to another team in the league above that will shape another element of his game. This will continue until he is ready to step into our team, ready made with all that Johnson requires from the player for his specified role.

1 hour ago, Bobfish said:

“One million dollars” in my best Austin Power’s Dr Evil voice (I know it was pounds) is nothing in today’s market. How much would Tammy have cost before he joined us on loan, unproven? Johnson said something like twenty million. Was he worth that much before his games in the championship - probably not, but Chelsea, with their massive loan system, based his value on his potential. The million pounds for Moore is not for the player he was when we bought him, but whom he can become. The important point is that we paid the money, mere peanuts, to enable US to mould him into a player that fits the way we play. That is what his loans, like all our outgoings, are tailored for. It’s not just for experience, but for specific gains. He needs more physicality – that is what he has been sent to that league to learn. When he returns, he will probably be sent to another team in the league above that will shape another element of his game. This will continue until he is ready to step into our team, ready made with all that Johnson requires from the player for his specified role.

Your 100th post BF, pretty much on the money as the other 99.  Always good to read your view.  :thumbsup:

On 21/01/2018 at 13:50, ZiderEyed said:

Do you want to read back this thread for explanations of our transfer business? It's not "shipping out". Get the blinkers off for a minute.

I think you got the blinkers on pal. What I said was we’ve spent a million smackeroonies on someone who can’t even make our bench having been here for eighteen months. 

Let me know when our investment pays off will you?

20 hours ago, Bobfish said:

Spot on BF but unfortunately the development policy at the club is beyond the comprehension of some on here.............:facepalm:

Archived