IGNORED

Baadiff........massive club?

slartibartfast

57 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You’ll struggle to convince me that they were suddenly able to fill a 30k stadium with newbie fans and that none of the supporters seen here were coming before the rebrand.

you are misquoting me completely. I wrote about their traditional core support, which you can interpret as you wish though I would hope was pretty clear in its meaning. I'm certainly not referring to the women, kids, wallys, student types and granddads in your photo. 

Anyway, it's not really a point I wish to linger any longer other than suffice to say:

Are Cardiff massive - no (and to remind people, this was something said on TV by a pundit).

Are we? No. 

Are either of us small and irrelevant - no

Are the gas - yes 

It's curious so many people on here are ready to panic and issue a call to arms over something so trivial. 

Watching them yesterday made me a lot more confident about us going above them and getting play offs, Sheffield Wednesday (who have been average at best this season) absolutely tore them apart at times and their hoofball tactics weren't sticking like normal

Can see them falling in a few weeks, 1 win in 7 now in the league is it, against some really average teams

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Indeed.

Im sure I read somewhere that Flemengo have more 30 million supporters in Brazil.

Boca Juniors and River Plate would also be up there.

The problem is that financially they are a long way off the big European clubs and have turned into nothing more than feeder clubs.  When was the last time a club outside of Europe won the World Club Championship?

Are we aloud our rivalry with Cardiff now becuase they are technically another country and we are banned from banter incase the snowflakes get triggered, didnt we get in the 5h1t for baiting their fans recently?  Seriously, if you dont like swearing and grown men pissed up calling everyone a **** then might i recommend swimming as a spectator sport, just becuase you get offended by roudyness dont think for a moment we give a shit about it, we dont so just **** off and leave, football is war if you're a fan, the rival fans are your enemy and so are the players, your team is fighting on the pitch and you fight the war of words in the stands, it will never change, stop trying to change it.

Cant we refer to them as haflbreed hobbits? Inbred sheep shaggers? Valley dwelling vermin? Its only banter... If I can't take the piss out of the welsh then this planet is dead to me. :mf_sleep:

*And its not even the Welsh i hate, just Cardiff, I happen to like Swansea

Don't forget that Cardiff has a population 100,000 less than Bristol.

Cardiff the South Wales Swindon .... probably not .... a much better city.

There is also Newport .... who seem to have been overlooked.

Rugby is huge in South Wales, too ... 

Wales population about that of Bristol plus Somerset/Glos and Wilts.

But why are Welsh teams allowed in the English Leagues??  Maybe Bris City should play in the League of Wales, win the title every season (like TNS) and enter the European Champions League ... then again, Bris City did win the Welsh Cup once upon a time??

4 hours ago, poland_exile said:

you are misquoting me completely. I wrote about their traditional core support, which you can interpret as you wish though I would hope was pretty clear in its meaning. I'm certainly not referring to the women, kids, wallys, student types and granddads in your photo. 

Anyway, it's not really a point I wish to linger any longer other than suffice to say:

Are Cardiff massive - no (and to remind people, this was something said on TV by a pundit).

Are we? No. 

Are either of us small and irrelevant - no

Are the gas - yes 

It's curious so many people on here are ready to panic and issue a call to arms over something so trivial. 

You seem to have interpreted my reply as far more abrasive then it was intended. I agree neither us or Cardiff are massive clubs. Although I’m curious why you think a club’s “core support” wouldn’t include women or grandads. Or wallys for that matter.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You seem to have interpreted my reply as far more abrasive then it was intended. I agree neither us or Cardiff are massive clubs. Although I’m curious why you think a club’s “core support” wouldn’t include women or grandads. Or wallys for that matter.

you've got me on the wallys bit :D 

Archived