IGNORED

Man City on Tuesday

Robbored

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Just saw them murder Newcastle 3-1 with Aquero bagging a hat trick. They were awesome and Rio Ferdinand and Frank Lampard were both cooing about how slick and pacy they are.......

Having played us at the Etihad Pep now knows  exactly what to expect when they show up on Tuesday and will have worked out how to take advantage of the high press his team faced last time. I'm also pretty sure he'll play as strong as possible starting 11 and quite frankly I'm concerned that the deadly Aguero will be a starter. His movement is simply awesome.........:facepalm:

Should we manage to beat them 1-0 then we have a Wembley day out to look forward to and if we lose then the terrific cup run will have been a magnificent achievement.

I agree and what you say is true.

47 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

They scored in extra time , so if the rule was in the 90 as common sense would have it, we would have . Probably won it too. 
Really hope it's 3rd time Lucky. 

Spurs         X
Forest.       X
Man Citeh  ?

If the scores had remained level after extra time in '89 there would have been a replay.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Who knows what can happen? Man City`s preparations/travel plans could be disrupted as Man Utd`s were, they could have a bug running through the camp, they might just be off their game, they might underestimate us (that being the most unlikely scenario though) and we might play out of our skins.

It`s what makes football the wonderful thing it is and why we all love it so much.

I`m still thinking of the dream I had last week where Fammy scores the winner in front of the SS (he hits one from the edge of the box and it goes in the right hand bottom corner), wheels away with his arm up Mick Channon style and runs to S82 to celebrate.

It`s gonna happen I tells thee.

Your grabbing at straws..…im sure our boys will give it a decent shot but Man City will have far too much for us.....will be a tonic to repair this to history & get stuck in to the business that really matters.

what would be nice is to see that no matter what the result on Tuesday that we the fans stay to the end and give this team a standing ovation for this cup run!

I know I will do having watched most of the rounds they have thoroughly entertained me and deserve some thanks come what may.

3 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Away goals rule doesn't help us at all. We will do well to last 45 minutes minutes without conceding let alone 120...

Basically its a very very big ask but got to try and enjoy it as been such a good run.

Surely the away goals rule actually works in our favour In this instance.

1-0 would do us, if the away goals rule wasn’t being used we would have to win 2-0 to go through!

28 minutes ago, Barney red said:

Just hope that win lose or draw the players get the ovation they deserve for an outstanding cup run.Who honestly thought at the start of the season we would des:clap:ervedly beat man u.

I guess there will be another pitch invasion, so unlikely to receive their deserved ovation!  :grr:

So proud of what we’ve been able to do in this incredible cup run. So proud of the players and their beautiful football. So proud of our manager who’s proved to everyone that he’s bloody good at his job and of Steve Lansdown, our Bristolian owner who’s invested so much and made this all possible. 

Our City team will go out there and give it a bloody good go. We’re going out there to stick it up em’ again and again with the confidence that we’ve bruised them before,  and we CAN do it again.

Everybody in football will be behind Bristol City on Tuesday evening. This Is what proper football is all about. It’s about our little team against the biggest team on planet and trying to have a pop.

Yeah,  there’s a limit to the number of times you can take a knife to a machine gun fight. But real football is about Pride, Passion and Beleif and it’s about leaving it all on the field and if we don’t win then it doesn’t matter. We had a go and that’s what matters. 

This has been the most incredible journey we’ve had in years. We’ll all be coming away from the game utterly hoarse from shouting our beloved Bristol City team on. I can’t bloody wait for Tuesday evening.

As Basso said “Always Believe”. 

Above all else, the fact that we go into this tie only 1 goal down, still with a fighting chance, is testament to the incredible attitude and ability of the players.

Oh to dream and see us win 2-0.

Here's hoping that Mangala plays at the back alongside Stones.

14 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

What makes me laugh are the odds...............MC 1/66 to get through , and you would assume City would be about 40/1....not a bit of it  FOURTEEN to ****** ONE, talk about taking the piss !

We’re 30/1 at the moment with Betfair sports book to progress. Best price by a fair margin compared to other bookies. 

44 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Above all else, the fact that we go into this tie only 1 goal down, still with a fighting chance, is testament to the incredible attitude and ability of the players.

Oh to dream and see us win 2-0.

Here's hoping that Mangala plays at the back alongside Stones.

Otamendi was poor against Lpool so whatever their defensive line up , we can score I believe . 

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

I wouldn't be surprised if LJ has a cunning plan, and plays in a completely different way to how we played in the first leg.

You think he's down Stagecoach as we speak asking for a quote for Tuesday night?

Can't see it myself.

More of the same with maybe Walsh and Famara involved far earlier, I expect.

2 minutes ago, Chivs said:

You think he's down Stagecoach as we speak asking for a quote for Tuesday night?

Can't see it myself.

More of the same with maybe Walsh and Famara involved far earlier, I expect.

Who knows...I've just got a feeling we may do something Man City haven't planned for.

21 minutes ago, spudski said:

Who knows...I've just got a feeling we may do something Man City haven't planned for.

It’s crossed day my mind as well, possibly going long and looking for the second ball. Starting with Diedhiou up front for an hour rather than saving him for the last 30, things that will take the Man City Central defenders out of their comfort zone.....possibly!

At least 2 people will be involved who wernt in the first leg, Fam and Kent so they will have something different to think about. Shame its FA Cup weekend coming up as they will rest players for that and play full team against us on Tuesday. Who knows though with smaller pitch, fans closer to play and hopefully heavy rain and high winds thrown in. Chuck it all at them.

13 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Surely the away goals rule actually works in our favour In this instance.

1-0 would do us, if the away goals rule wasn’t being used we would have to win 2-0 to go through!

Point being we ain't going to not concede for 120 mins so it isn't favourable. 

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

It’s crossed day my mind as well, possibly going long and looking for the second ball. Starting with Diedhiou up front for an hour rather than saving him for the last 30, things that will take the Man City Central defenders out of their comfort zone.....possibly!

I was thinking more along the lines of packing the midfield and playing narrow. Man City play really wide...with players on both touchlines. I noticed a lot of space when they did this in midfield.

I'd be tempted to play...

------------------------------------------------------------------FF/Steele----------------------------------------------------------------

Wright------------------------------Flint------------------------------------------Baker if fit-------------------------------Bryan

------------------Smith--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pack-------------------------

------------------------------Brownhill----------------------Reid------------------------------Pato-----------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------Famara---------------------------------------------------------------------

Archived