IGNORED

Bristol City fans should never buy the local papers again

Never to the dark side

7 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Independent is quite left-oriented online.

The Independent only exists online now doesn't it?

Now very openly left oriented, despite it's proud claim on it's inception that it would be free from any party political bias.

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I buy the Guardian every day, and wouldn’t have it any other way.  Also interesting that printed books seem to have seen off e-readers and are being bought in higher numbers.  A printed newspaper offers a different experience, and I hope that both printed and online media will continue to exist happily side by side (except for the Daily Mail, which can disappear from the face of the earth tomorrow).

Judging by the reactions, looks like you've upset a few Mail readers here!

Online sites are fine for instant news, but difficult to browse for all the other bits that go in a paper, such as music and book reviews, and particularly the opinion columns.  I want to read some debate about what is happening in the world, not just the bare facts.  And in any case, you can’t line a cat litter tray with an iPad.

15 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Online sites are fine for instant news, but difficult to browse for all the other bits that go in a paper, such as music and book reviews, and particularly the opinion columns.  I want to read some debate about what is happening in the world, not just the bare facts.  And in any case, you can’t line a cat litter tray with an iPad.

Technically, you could.

35 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Can't think of a better use for an iPad.

3 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I buy the Guardian every day, and wouldn’t have it any other way.  Also interesting that printed books seem to have seen off e-readers and are being bought in higher numbers.  A printed newspaper offers a different experience, and I hope that both printed and online media will continue to exist happily side by side (except for the Daily Mail, which can disappear from the face of the earth tomorrow).

Haha, you read the only paper that is actually worse than the Bristol Post unless you are a communist :)

4 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Ditto the Daily Express....Fake News!!

Daily Mail is pure trash, sometimes my news portal takes me there for a interesting story (promoted clickbait) and every time i end up on a Kardashian article with one of them 'flaunting' themselves on instagram, then I scroll down straight to the comments to make sure everyone is posting bitchy comments, and i'm never disappointed. 

Guardian is the same, but at least its written by propper journalists and columnists who went to school, its click bait for DM readers, the Guardian knows exactly how to trigger its readers, the comments section on CIF is 9/10 better than the article for amusing content. The columnist sets the bait, and the bait is always taken. 

5 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

The Independent only exists online now doesn't it?

Now very openly left oriented, despite it's proud claim on it's inception that it would be free from any party political bias.

Can't say I know to be honest! All I know is it keeps popping up on my google cards for the day and is always some left-wing drivel.

Archived