IGNORED

Given up before a ball is kicked

Inactive user

7 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You’d rather go out, so that we don’t have one more fixture in over a months time..?! 

I know what you're saying, but I would have rather gone out before this stage as once again, these lads are going to be going flat out giving it 200%, which is yet another non league game impacting their fitness levels and limiting the time they have to rest before Saturday. If we had a squad without the current number of injuries giving us the depth in rotation then its less of an issue in my opinion. To me though, the League is much more important.

I'd much rather get a win against QPR that Man City (Appreciate I'm going to get a lot of stick for that comment but forums are here for different opinions).

4 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

I know what you're saying, but I would have rather gone out before this stage as once again, these lads are going to be going flat out giving it 200%, which is yet another non league game impacting their fitness levels and limiting the time they have to rest before Saturday. If we had a squad without the current number of injuries giving us the depth in rotation then its less of an issue in my opinion. To me though, the League is much more important.

I'd much rather get a win against QPR that Man City (Appreciate I'm going to get a lot of stick for that comment but forums are here for different opinions).

I do know what you’re saying, but I wouldn’t swap the night against Man United for any other one off result I can think of, apart from having beaten Hull at Wembley. 

As a City fan, night’s like that don’t come around very often. About every 30 years..! 

8 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

Lets not be delusional, it will be tough.

BUT

We beat Man Utd 2-1. That would be enough to take City to penalties, and then I can see Luke/Frankie saving them all in front of a rabid South Stand. Anything is possible!

no! it still goes extra time first and then penalties

2 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

I'll be honest, I've not given up on the game in terms of i dont think we can get anything from it - I've just lost interest in this cup run (I've said the same before the first leg), I lost interest after the Utd game because of the injuries, fitness levels due to so many games combined with the size of the first team squad and the impact on the League form. 

Although I appreciate it's a massive occasion for the fans and the club's profile and bank balance, this run has contributed to our dip in league form and for me, the sooner it's over the better (not knocking otherothers views of the game - just my opinion).

You've lost interest at the semi final stage? Potentially one game from our first major final in 109 years? 

We've never won a major trophy in our entire history! Screw the Premier League, I want to say that I saw Bristol City win a piece of silverware. Just imagine how huge that would be for the club and all of us fans. 

I genuinely don't know what the point of football is if a game like this is classed as a 'distraction'.

10 minutes ago, RedJim said:

You've lost interest at the semi final stage? Potentially one game from our first major final in 109 years? 

We've never won a major trophy in our entire history! Screw the Premier League, I want to say that I saw Bristol City win a piece of silverware. Just imagine how huge that would be for the club and all of us fans. 

I genuinely don't know what the point of football is if a game like this is classed as a 'distraction'.

Um, need I remind you of 3 LDV Vans trophies? :winner_third_h4h: 

That's a set of awards Man City with all their money will never be able to beat!

2 hours ago, RedJim said:

completely right. It's moments like this we live for. Blimey, I shed a tear when we beat Man Utd, I'm not sure what I'll do if we can pinch it on Tuesday. As for winning the thing.... :o 

Just thought I’d let everyone know, Bristol City are currently 26/1 to qualify for the final on betfair. That’s on penalties, after ET, normal time whatever.

I put £20 on us. To return £520. Which is the biggest bet I’ve ever put on believe it or not! Getting caught up in cup fever.

17 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I know it's a big ask.

I know we are against one of if not the best team in Europe.

I know we are behind.

I know we have injuries.

BUT

If you've already given up before a ball is kicked you should be ashamed of yourself.

Too many people I hear seem to have mentally thrown the towel in.  Get a grip people.  This is football.  This is BRISTOL CITY. WE CAN DO THIS.

Never give up . 

COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR 

11 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I do know what you’re saying, but I wouldn’t swap the night against Man United for any other one off result I can think of, apart from having beaten Hull at Wembley. 

As a City fan, night’s like that don’t come around very often. About every 30 years..! 

This.

Has it impacted our league form - probably, you may even say if we finish outside the playoffs it is because of the cup run. Maybe that is true, but the Man U game and my experience away at Man City has made the season for me (and a lot of others I suspect). We may not have had these games and still finished outside the playoffs anyway, nobody will ever know. We may finish 6th and go up, and it will be one of the most memorable seasons we've had in my lifetime. This season has seen such a turnaround from last season we have to enjoy the ride, as can actually see what is happening on and off the pitch. If (big if) we can keep Bryan, Reid, Flint for next season we will be a very good team and have a larger (more quality) squad that will be a stronger force next season. Just take this season as the rollercoaster for what it is imo.

I read the title and thought we had a Man City fan posting. The challenge is huge, granted but so was the challenge of the other 4 Premier league clubs. Who really expected us to turn over Man U? All we need is 100% effort, which we will get, and a slice of luck. And of course as Basso would say "always believe"

On 21/01/2018 at 12:36, Red Army 75 said:

Haven’t heard none of that personally. 

Same here. Living in Stoke on Trent is probably why, but from the people I've spoken to, fellow Bristol City supporters I've only felt a positive vibe for tomorrow's match with a real optimism that we'll take the game to them and no matter what the score, we'll all be proud of the lads for the journey we've all been through and for putting Bristol City in the eyes of the nation. We only need one goal. That's it. Let's do them, and send those Man City supporters back up the motorway whilst taking one last look at Bristol singing "Don't look back in anger, I heard you say." COYR.

Before the Manchester Reds game all i wanted was to A. not get shown up on TV and B. be as competitive as we can and make a game of it.

Before the first Manchester Blues game i hoped for the same, so i'm just hoping for the same again tomorrow. If we go down to another 2-1 lose yes ill be disappointed but ill also be proud for how well the team has done in this competition this season.

Personally i think we are going to find it harder tomorrow than we did at there place and for that i'm going with a Manchester Blues 3-1 win

Archived