IGNORED

Loïs Diony - Confirmed Loan Agreed

Negan

56 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Is Diedhiou that good? He always looks rusty and a bit clumsy to me. Sure he will cause issues but nowhere near Kodjia. 

*cough* one of the top scorers in the league before his injury *cough* completely different player to Kodjia *cough* knows how to stay onside *cough*

2 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

*cough* one of the top scorers in the league before his injury *cough* completely different player to Kodjia *cough* knows how to stay onside *cough*

You want to give they fags up mate...

9 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Fordy- I love it when you give your opinion  but even more so when you give an opinion on your opinion and would be seriously gutted if you stopped doing this particularly when it helps me feel  much more comfortable  about giving mine :thumbsup:

Fordy Posted July 14, 2017

I really don't like feeling like this, but I'm not sure there's anything he can do. Don't get me wrong, I'd like him to do well... who wouldn't want their team to do well? But I just don't like him. For me, last season caused irreconcilable differences between me as a fan and him. The smarminess, the failure to shoulder any responsibility when things were going bad and just generally the fact that he's treated completely differently to any other manager we've ever had. 

I hope I can change my mind. I hope Johnson can change it for me. But as of this time, I find the fact that he is in charge of our football club utterly repulsive. 

There. I've said it. 

So it's OK to have an opinion? Of course it is but to go completely overboard and then do a u turn and still consider himself the most popular poster on here tells me more about OTIB than him.

48 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Well that's what I've been saying all along. You need quality proven players to supplement what we have. Don't see the difference!!

He is proven, in the French first division. He's strong, can play up front or on the wing, and has shown himself to be unselfish and willing to defend.

But no, let's just sign another big lump on hugely inflated wages to go alongside Djuric and Diedhiou and completely blow out our wage structure, just because he's put the ball in the net in England. Would you really we rather sign Ulloa than someone like this?

What does "going for it" look like?

Last year, Huddersfield signed Collin Quaner from Union Berlin and Izzy Brown from Chelsea (loan) in the January window. Was that "going for it"?

Brighton signed Glenn Murray, Fikayo Tomori from Chelsea (loan) and Chuba Akpom from Arsenal (loan). The two loanees weren't key players by any stretch with mostly sub appearances. Was that "going for it"?

19 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's as good as we're going to get for confirmation prior to the official announcement!

He obviously hasn't yet read page 7 paragraph 6 in Mark Ashton's handbook where it has comprehensive advice on Instagram bios

Bristol City’s chief executive officer Mark Ashton holds the leather-bound players’ handbook. ‘For the first time, I think we’ve got a culture where everyone knows the rules,’ he says.

Is he going after Michael Aspel's old job?

2 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

What does "going for it" look like?

Last year, Huddersfield signed Collin Quaner from Union Berlin and Izzy Brown from Chelsea (loan) in the January window. Was that "going for it"?

Brighton signed Glenn Murray, Fikayo Tomori from Chelsea (loan) and Chuba Akpom from Arsenal (loan). The two loanees weren't key players by any stretch with mostly sub appearances. Was that "going for it"?

Very good points. I think some got a little overexcited with the names being mentioned - obviously talk of Tammy Abraham was totally absurd.

I would've liked us to sign Afobe, but if we had to pay him say 40,000 a week it's clearly not going to work.

Our model has got us where we are, I trust in the recruitment of this team. 

4 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

He is proven, in the French first division. He's strong, can play up front or on the wing, and has shown himself to be unselfish and willing to defend.

But no, let's just sign another big lump on hugely inflated wages to go alongside Djuric and Diedhiou and completely blow out our wage structure, just because he's put the ball in the net in England. Would you really we rather sign Ulloa than someone like this?

Yes, he would. 

3 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Of course he would, a loan with an option to buy is no good, we should be spending £10m per player & £30k p/w per player, if not then the club are unambitious & ‘not going for it’!

20 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Fordy- I love it when you give your opinion  but even more so when you give an opinion on your opinion and would be seriously gutted if you stopped doing this particularly when it helps me feel  much more comfortable  about giving mine :thumbsup:

Fordy Posted July 14, 2017

I really don't like feeling like this, but I'm not sure there's anything he can do. Don't get me wrong, I'd like him to do well... who wouldn't want their team to do well? But I just don't like him. For me, last season caused irreconcilable differences between me as a fan and him. The smarminess, the failure to shoulder any responsibility when things were going bad and just generally the fact that he's treated completely differently to any other manager we've ever had. 

I hope I can change my mind. I hope Johnson can change it for me. But as of this time, I find the fact that he is in charge of our football club utterly repulsive. 

There. I've said it. 

Dick. 

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Is it just me that finds the fact that he's buggered up MA's welcome and the media show that comes with it amusing?

I'm sure MA isn't happy but I find this really funny!

MA will be waiting at the door with his red book, that's for sure.

Rule number one. Wait until the gif’s recorded before introducing  yourself.

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Is it just me that finds the fact that he's buggered up MA's welcome and the media show that comes with it amusing?

To be honest - wouldn’t be surprised if they know he is doing it, or even encouraging him to do it.

He is an unknown, but to a few hundred on OTIB. Imagine when he is revealed at half time - if it wasn’t for this insta stuff now, over half the crowd would have no idea who he is and it could be awkward. 

At least now people will be talking in the pubs and terraces before the game and there’ll be a bit of hype before he walks out...

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

To be honest - wouldn’t be surprised if they know he is doing it, or even encouraging him to do it.

He is an unknown, but to a few hundred on OTIB. Imagine when he is revealed at half time - if it wasn’t for this insta stuff now, over half the crowd would have no idea who he is and it could be awkward. 

At least now people will be talking in the pubs and terraces before the game and there’ll be a bit of hype before he walks out...

I hope you're right Alessandro.

11 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Thinking the exact same. He’ll be getting a slapped wrist before even being officially announced! Not a good start!!

Archived