IGNORED

Loïs Diony - Confirmed Loan Agreed

Negan

41 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Have you seen the clips on this player, he is super fit and physical, think Saha..he is just the sort of player we want, will add some steel to the team,

His stats record doesn’t inspire too much excitement, but Saha was exactly who I was thinking that I HOPE he might be like! 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

His stats record doesn’t inspire too much excitement, but Saha was exactly who I was thinking that I HOPE he might be like! 

His stats from last season are better than Diedhiou's in a poorer team.. It seems his current move hasn't worked out for him, but it happens. He's clearly got something about him.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

His stats from last season are better than Diedhiou's in a poorer team.. Clearly his current move hasn't worked out for him, but it happens. He's clearly got something about him.

Very true. Let’s hope he is the player of last season and he’s just had the wrong move for him. 

Is it right they paid £9million for him..?! 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Very true. Let’s hope he is the player of last season and he’s just had the wrong move for him. 

Is it right they paid £9million for him..?! 

9m euros which I believe works out to around £8m but have seen £7m quoted elsewhere- more than our record signing anyway. He hasn't been a St Etienne player that long really and any player can have a poor move. Hopefully this fresh start will be just what he needs..

1 minute ago, Redrascal2 said:

Doesn't  it say somewhere in the thread that he will only sign permanently if we get promoted. If that is the case I will be a bit disappointed as I had thought we were making a permanent signing to improve the squad for the future.

But on the other hand if he's dreadful we've only got him for a few months.. this way is low risk.

1 minute ago, Redrascal2 said:

Doesn't  it say somewhere in the thread that he will only sign permanently if we get promoted. If that is the case I will be a bit disappointed as I had thought we were making a permanent signing to improve the squad for the future.

I guess it gives him the incentive to kick on for us. Premier League football and a contract at the end of it!

2 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Don't see the problem. He'll be able to sign permanently next year.

8 minutes ago, Zider I up said:

I think a loan to buy is good business at the moment. Worth a punt, send back if he’s no good. Harry Redknap was desperate to get him to brum last year. 

Poor old Redknapp had a shocker of a summer then. Failed miserably trying to get half of our back 4 on the cheap too!

Archived