IGNORED

Loïs Diony - Confirmed Loan Agreed

Negan

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

No they’re not. The deal is formally done when the relevant paperwork is signed and filed etc. Much like in any other transaction. 

When it's announces on the OS is irrelevant. The Eliasson deal was done at least 8 hours before the official announcement, for example. 

I genuinely don’t know how anyone is struggling with this concept?! 

Yes they are and to use it as a basis of an argument is just a tad daft. I also genuinely don't know why you are struggling with the concept. Selling a house is poles apart from starting a job !!

6 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

OK, is this official enough??????

LJ: “There’s been one deal that’s been well publicised, even by the lad himself but nothing has been completed so it’s difficult to speak about it.”

What Lee is trying to say is "of course he’s signed, but until he’s done a decent gif, we can’t announce it"

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

Just as much of social media is complete bollocks.

I said previously that the only 100% proof will be via the OS along with photo of the player holding up a City shirt.

Bit like when you described Vyner to Plymouth as "wild speculation" then? 

He signed the next day.

8 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

OK, is this official enough??????

LJ: “There’s been one deal that’s been well publicised, even by the lad himself but nothing has been completed so it’s difficult to speak about it.”

That doeant make it official. All that does is firms up the rumours. We are now definitely in talks but that quote actually proves the opposite. "Nothing has been completed" means that this deal hasn' 'officially' been completed.

In fact all the stuff yesterday may have jeopardised the move - the club may have wanted to pull the plug, it may have alerted other clubs who can pay more?

8 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

That doeant make it official. All that does is firms up the rumours. We are now definitely in talks but that quote actually proves the opposite. "Nothing has been completed" means that this deal hasn' 'officially' been completed.

In fact all the stuff yesterday may have jeopardised the move - the club may have wanted to pull the plug, it may have alerted other clubs who can pay more?

I do wonder whether the player/agent did that on purpose to drum up interest from a bigger club. Hmmm. 

21 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Bit like when you described Vyner to Plymouth as "wild speculation" then? 

He signed the next day.

Vyners loan to Argyle is a well worn path for  some of our younger players. However this potential incoming is completely different.

23 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

So you think he posted on Instagram yesterday that he was signing for Bristol City and flying here simply to get other clubs interested?

You don't think he already has an agent to do that?

I know we value clever footballers but that is Sherlock Holmes' smart...

I guess we are annoyed that he did it, but I would be amazed if it made any difference at all to the negotiations.

Terms can be discussed remotely & so there should be no surprises there, the only face to face issue that may possibly arise is a medical one.

12 hours ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Pretty surprised in a good way that we've got him tbh, if he can regain confidence he should tear up the division.

More importantly though what is the great song on this video? I just bloody love it, ear worm of a riff and lyrics that just speak to my heart. I just want to get in my car, go to HMV, snatch the CD off the shelf and put it on repeat for days and days.

The song is Find You by HIDDN

I hope this still goes through, and other than the lad obviously getting a little over excited (and it’s good that he’s excited to play for us), I think it’s probably more down to his needing a medical, LJ interview etc. before we announce anything.

We had success buying forwards from the French leagues, and this guy has decent pedigree, albeit a disappointing season so far.

With Diehiou back, and Bobby still going strong, but the rest of our forwards injured or misfiring, I think it is logical to give ourselves more options up top.

Hope this all gets wrapped up by QPR; will give us another dimension and option to add to those already brought in like Walsh and Kent.

33 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

So you think he posted on Instagram yesterday that he was signing for Bristol City and flying here simply to get other clubs interested?

You don't think he already has an agent to do that?

I know we value clever footballers but that is Sherlock Holmes' smart...

I guess we are annoyed that he did it, but I would be amazed if it made any difference at all to the negotiations.

Terms can be discussed remotely & so there should be no surprises there, the only face to face issue that may possibly arise is a medical one.

I'm not saying that at all. I' saying that Is one possible implication of yesterday's goings on. My point was that nothing that came out yesterday, be it on social media or through official channels, made the signing of the player 'official'. All the social media stuff 'may' have jeopardised it.

4 minutes ago, Selred said:

He wouldn’t of arrived at Bristol til 3 probably, and our attention was on the Man City game. Discussions and medical will now happen today, don’t be surprised if he’s announced at 5.

Talk of here yesterday was that Diony was a done deal...............I'll believe it when it's announced on the OS.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Talk of here yesterday was that Diony was a done deal...............I'll believe it when it's announced on the OS.

Umm my post wasn’t about you mate, can we bring the thread back to Diony rather than Robbored please. 

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I mean of course, a deal is only ‘done’ and final when it’s on the ‘OS’.

I would suggest though, if done deals are all that interest you, that you steer clear of this forum which is all going to be what you perceive as ‘wild speculation’.

The threads are moved from here to the main forum almost always only when it’s on the ‘OS’. 

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I mean of course, a deal is only ‘done’ and final when it’s on the ‘OS’.

I would suggest though, if done deals are all that interest you, that you steer clear of this forum which is all going to be what you perceive as ‘wild speculation’.

The threads are moved from here to the main forum almost always only when it’s on the ‘OS’. 

I think your missing my point PF

When will players and their agents learn that Ashton, Mr Lansdown and Lee do transfers in a quiet and professional way and players announcing to social media in advance of i's being dotted is not how this club works?

Lee did explain last night that there were many agendas still to be satisfied and this could be anything from wages/agent fees/purchase clause and so on. Football players usually just want to play football so you can't blame the lad for getting over excited about his chance to play for BCFC ( and for the first time EVER- I really truly believe that) but he needs to avoid the Tomlin type social media petulance because it never ends well.

12 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I am not sure if I follow, can you explain?

:facepalm:   You've been around this forum probably for as long as me so you will know that we see numerous threads about our players being wanted by other clubs and that "so and so" is a done deal.........

I take it all with a pinch of salt and rely 100% on the OS. If it's on there then it's happened.

The Vyner example you gave was me thinking that with the RB position being fairly bare that Zac wouldn't be going anywhere but obviously LJ doesn't think he's quite up to speed yet with the Championship so he goes out on loan. Clearly that speculation proved to be true but in many cases the speculation is exactly that - speculation 

17 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Personally I’m believing nothing until I read it on here

BvyvXklIMAAjKhm.png

'James Blunder' 'Campbell happy staying at Tottenham' - ceffax was bantering us all off before we even knew it.

Archived