IGNORED

Loïs Diony - Confirmed Loan Agreed

Negan

4 minutes ago, City1984 said:

It was pretty much confirmed by David L in hospitality last night

Just to put some meat on the bones...

Dave L stating what a great position our club is in and went on to say about our exciting new signing and although the club is yet to unveil him it is all over social media.

Not quite word for word but close enough

2 minutes ago, City1984 said:

Just to put some meat on the bones...

Dave L stating what a great position our club is in and went on to say about our exciting new signing and although the club is yet to unveil him it is all over social media.

Not quite word for word but close enough

Not having that. If Robbored hasn’t read it on the OS then as far as I’m concerned he’s not even in England. 

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

:facepalm:   You've been around this forum probably for as long as me so you will know that we see numerous threads about our players being wanted by other clubs and that "so and so" is a done deal.........

Only 6 years and 16,000 posts less but I get your point

I take it all with a pinch of salt and rely 100% on the OS. If it's on there then it's happened.

Yes

The Vyner example you gave was me thinking that with the RB position being fairly bare that Zac wouldn't be going anywhere but obviously LJ doesn't think he's quite up to speed yet with the Championship so he goes out on loan. Clearly that speculation proved to be true but in many cases the speculation is exactly that - speculation 

I'm humouring you really. My point is that in the modern era, where players can provide real time updates (as Diony did) - you can see what's going on. The same as Eliasson's agent picturing the two of them around Bristol. No, it's not a done deal until it's on the 'OS'.. so technically you're correct. Seeing as this sub-forum is for what you see as 'wild speculation' until confirmed, I would suggest keeping off it because once it's on the 'OS' it gets moved to the main forum.

Part of the fun in the modern era is the speculation, the rumour and the occasional real time giveaway by players or their agents. If you don't enjoy that then this isn't the sub-forum for you.

31 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

When will players and their agents learn that Ashton, Mr Lansdown and Lee do transfers in a quiet and professional way and players announcing to social media in advance of i's being dotted is not how this club works?

Lee did explain last night that there were many agendas still to be satisfied and this could be anything from wages/agent fees/purchase clause and so on. Football players usually just want to play football so you can't blame the lad for getting over excited about his chance to play for BCFC ( and for the first time EVER- I really truly believe that) but he needs to avoid the Tomlin type social media petulance because it never ends well.

Maybe the lads excited to be joining us & wanted to tell all his ‘followers’? I’d much rather have players excited to join us rather than it just be another ‘run of the mill’ thing to do! It shows he’s keen if nothing else.

1 hour ago, City1984 said:

It was pretty much confirmed by David L in hospitality last night

I just confirmed what I'd read on on social media and on here! I'm no more than ITK than anyone, but it doesn't take a genius to work out that something is brewing.

23 minutes ago, Dave L said:

I just confirmed what I'd read on on social media and on here! I'm no more than ITK than anyone, but it doesn't take a genius to work out that something is brewing.

Ha ha OK Dave I believe you .:shifty:

As a side note thought last night was excellent in there. Just can not get me head around  the stone age style checking in system where 2 poor young greeters had to wade through masses of names on several bits of paper to book people in.

Really enjoyed the VIP interviews though and good to see your still involved in ourclub. 

Was hoping to catch a word with you as its been a long time but good to see you there.

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I notice it leads with ' Jame's blunder' , just for all those people calling for a ' name ' .

:shocking:

For a while I thought Blunder was his surname and David James were his first names . 

And big name Keane could only scrape a draw, when the lesser known (but harder working) Jess delivered all 3 points!

3 minutes ago, City1984 said:

Ha ha OK Dave I believe you .

As a side note thought last night was excellent in there. Just can not get me head around  the stone age style checking in system where 2 poor young greeters had to wade through masses of names on several bits of paper to book people in.

Really enjoyed the VIP interviews though and good to see your still involved in ourclub. 

Was hoping to catch a word with you as its been a long time but good to see there.

I will pass on your feedback about the greeting system. Glad you enjoyed it in the room though. We've worked hard to get a good atmosphere going in there, and upped the quality of the guests, the food and the service. Shaun Goater and Joe Royle were superb last night I thought, and great to see Aaaron Wilbraham, Mark Little and Derek Williams back too. Super Bob Taylor is the main guest on Saturday :-)

16 minutes ago, Dave L said:

I will pass on your feedback about the greeting system. Glad you enjoyed it in the room though. We've worked hard to get a good atmosphere going in there, and upped the quality of the guests, the food and the service. Shaun Goater and Joe Royle were superb last night I thought, and great to see Aaaron Wilbraham, Mark Little and Derek Williams back too. Super Bob Taylor is the main guest on Saturday :-)

Dave, surely a bar coded badge should be mailed out and then code read on arrival.. Takes a second.

The listed sheet is only for those who forget their badge.

I am amazed this is not done; i mean you have a reader at every turnstile why not hand held for the vip lounges?

25 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Dave, surely a bar coded badge should be mailed out and then code read on arrival.. Takes a second.

I am amazed this is not done; i mean you have a reader at every turnstile why not hand held for the vip lounges?

Tickets are already bar coded and scanned in. I think the hold up is due to people collecting tickets on the door, and also the need to find out which tables guests are on.  I do agree that it would be good to find a more streamlined way of achieving this though, particularly when lots of people arrive at the same time..

28 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

yeah, when students arrive the first days to take up accommodation we just scan their emailed or physical bar code, confirms their details and room etc and we show them around. When you get a hundred or more turning up in one day and you have to issue keys, welcome packs, guide them etc you don't have time to wade through paper work looking for things, just frustrates people and makes things harder on us as well. If a small(ish) accommodation block can use a bar code system, AG should be a no brainer.

Edit - ignore the above - DL confirms we already have this in place.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

:facepalm:   You've been around this forum probably for as long as me so you will know that we see numerous threads about our players being wanted by other clubs and that "so and so" is a done deal.........

I take it all with a pinch of salt and rely 100% on the OS. If it's on there then it's happened.

The Vyner example you gave was me thinking that with the RB position being fairly bare that Zac wouldn't be going anywhere but obviously LJ doesn't think he's quite up to speed yet with the Championship so he goes out on loan. Clearly that speculation proved to be true but in many cases the speculation is exactly that - speculation 

Oh my good god, will you give over already. 

We know what your opinion is.

This thread was great and then there are literally 3 PAGES of you banging on about what is official and what is not. 

Give us a rest would ya.

:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Weren't you some kind of addiction counsellor?.

Have you ever sought counselling yourself for being able to start a fight in an empty room addiction?.

Let’s hope it gets announced soon then and we can move onto the next stage where we welcome a player. It’s pretty clear what this thread is about and if you don’t like transfer rumours or just about done deals just find something else to read. If people are very familiar with the forum it should be pretty obvious by now.

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Only 6 years and 16,000 posts less but I get your point

Yes

I'm humouring you really. My point is that in the modern era, where players can provide real time updates (as Diony did) - you can see what's going on. The same as Eliasson's agent picturing the two of them around Bristol. No, it's not a done deal until it's on the 'OS'.. so technically you're correct. Seeing as this sub-forum is for what you see as 'wild speculation' until confirmed, I would suggest keeping off it because once it's on the 'OS' it gets moved to the main forum.

Part of the fun in the modern era is the speculation, the rumour and the occasional real time giveaway by players or their agents. If you don't enjoy that then this isn't the sub-forum for you.

I quite like the idea of not reading the sub-forum, and waiting for the thread to hit the Football Chat forum.  Bit like getting the Evening Post (back in the day) to find out you;d made a signing.

Although not sure how you feel when Diony thread makes it to the Football Chat page and then goes missing, there’d be cries of ‘screenshot or it didn’t happen’! :P

• Admin
33 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Just heard. Done deal. 

Not that we didn’t already know. 

Are you the OS? Then it's not a done deal is it! :nono:

I certainly won't be moving this thread until he's played 10 games for us, they won't catch me out (so easily again). 

Archived