IGNORED

Loïs Diony - Confirmed Loan Agreed

Negan

5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

They don't want him back unless it's to sell him for a good fee.

The deal we have in place ( option to buy apparently only kicks in if we get promoted ) means win/win for them .

Blimey! Really! Where do you see that Major?

What happens if he's top notch but we don't quite make it, we'd have to send him back, maybe he wouldn't want to go back?

1 hour ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

is he lodging in your caravan and that’s how you know?

I actually saw him and Fam down at Brunels Buttery this morning. I put my BSE roll, cone of chips and tea in a clear brown mug to the side to ask him when it might be made official. He told me 1pm and I came straight to OTIB to spread the word to my fellow Reds. Seems like a lovely chap and clearly can’t wait to get started at the Gate. I think he’ll be getting plenty of goals for us this season and beyond. 

I hope this lad does the business!

Could someone please clarify a couple of things?

1) Is he on loan with an option to sign regardless of promotion, or is it only an option if we go up?

2) Is the purchase price the same if we go up or less if we stay in the Championship

3) LJ clearly stated we were after a "big name" - I think its fair to say that this chap does not fit that description so are we still in for a "big name", or do people think that player has turned us down and we moved on to Diony instead?

It's a bit confusing with thread merges and Robbored arguing for 3 pages about semantics.

Thanks in advance!

20 minutes ago, SX227 said:

1) Is he on loan with an option to sign regardless of promotion, or is it only an option if we go up?

2) Is the purchase price the same if we go up or less if we stay in the Championship

3) LJ clearly stated we were after a "big name" - I think its fair to say that this chap does not fit that description so are we still in for a "big name", or do people think that player has turned us down and we moved on to Diony instead?

It's a bit confusing with thread merges and Robbored arguing for 3 pages about semantics.

Thanks in advance!

The bloke cost 9 mill 6 months ago, pretty sure that would warrant the “big name” tag. Given he’s not as well known in this country. 

7 hours ago, Sniper said:

Blimey! Really! Where do you see that Major?

What happens if he's top notch but we don't quite make it, we'd have to send him back, maybe he wouldn't want to go back?

A journalist who works for RFM / BFM ( big national news channels) reported it ) 

If he's top notch hopefully he'll fire us to promotion so not an issue . If not then I suppose negotiations start all over again .

If the player reignites his career here he will, I imagine, want to stay . 

The only problem then might be the transfer fee and wages .

7 hours ago, SX227 said:

I believe so. That’s not say we couldn’t try to buy him permenantly of course.

7 hours ago, SX227 said:

No idea

7 hours ago, SX227 said:

He called the new signing a ‘exciting player’ not a ‘big name’ unless you’ve heard something I’ve missed 

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Just watched his interview on BCFC.

What a thoroughly nice bloke. Humble, polite, quietly determined and very grateful for the opportunity at BS3. I really hope he does well with us.

He's been learning English since he was a little girl - so maybe not the fastest learner...

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Just watched his interview on BCFC.

What a thoroughly nice bloke. Humble, polite, quietly determined and very grateful for the opportunity at BS3. I really hope he does well with us.

Still making hasty, snap judgements about new players based on very little? Unbelievable. 

15 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Important to note that he was far better in a front 2 at Dijon whereas at ASSE he was being used as a lone forward.

That’s very important to consider. I predict Diedhiou will start Saturday and he’ll be subbed on for him around 60 mins.

I assume you mean Diedhiou will start with Reid up top?

53 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

He's been learning English since he was a little girl - so maybe not the fastest learner...

I spotted that too, but when he then went on to talk about his english girlfriend, I got the impression that he had realised what he had said in the previous sentence, but just went on with the interview. A little stumbling at times but still better than any of my foreign languages. Not as good as Fam when he first arrived, but I am sure he will be getting enough help to be even better soon.

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I spotted that too, but when he then went on to talk about his english girlfriend, I got the impression that he had realised what he had said in the previous sentence, but just went on with the interview. A little stumbling at times but still better than any of my foreign languages. Not as good as Fam when he first arrived, but I am sure he will be getting enough help to be even better soon.

He'll be fluent within a few weeks. He already had a basic grasp of English.

It won't be long before he's engaging in the squad banter especially when he has the piss taken over the pineapple on his head..................:facepalm:

Must be the fashion in France I guess - 20 years behind us....

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He'll be fluent within a few weeks. He already had a basic grasp of English.

It won't be long before he's engaging in the squad banter especially when he has the piss taken over the pineapple on his head..................:facepalm:

Must be the fashion in France I guess - 20 years behind us....

Was that your hairstyle in 1998 then? Must’ve been a sight to behold on the Dolman!

Archived