IGNORED

Loïs Diony - Confirmed Loan Agreed

Negan

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I spotted that too, but when he then went on to talk about his english girlfriend, I got the impression that he had realised what he had said in the previous sentence, but just went on with the interview. A little stumbling at times but still better than any of my foreign languages. Not as good as Fam when he first arrived, but I am sure he will be getting enough help to be even better soon.

Listening to it again he probably said "when I was small, youngers" as opposed to " when I was a small young girl"!

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Correct, seems the natural way to do it. I think we might see Diedhiou and Reid - then Diony on for Diedhiou around 60/70 mins depending on how Famara is holding up and how match fit Diony is.

Diony hasn't played in the last three matches for St Etienne. He shouldn't  lack energy 

They used him as a lone striker whereas at Dijon , where he had so much success, he was in a pairing. 

"I'm sure that by persisting, we could have pulled something diony, I am disappointed with his departure."

"for our rosbeef friends"

"If it's been 3 weeks since he did not play an official match because he asked for his departure, I hope Bristol is ready for 3 months of fitness."

"I do not know this club, but I hope at least that they have together discovered the fact that this player can play "only" with another centre-forward .. I am a supporter"

"Bristol City, do not mix with Rovers and towels(?)"

"I will be supporting Bristol for a few months for the climb then bye bye definitively to our dearest Diony."

Few comments on our comments on the pineapple.

"It's already starting to boil on the Bristol forums :eh eh: :eh eh: 

"poor chap has a pineapple growing out of his head""

Little bit extra on a conversation about the Steel City derby:

"Come on your blades! Biggest rivalry in England after City-Rovers in Bristol, of course"

Even a link to the Evil post on there talking about the snakes transfer!

On 23/01/2018 at 14:28, Alessandro said:

I imagine this guy was on our radar for last summer when we would have no doubt done our due diligence and scouting etc.

Clearly we would have then been quickly priced out in the summer but the likes of Bournemouth, ASSE etc, but have stolen back in now and the process would have been simpler to get a deal done with the ground work in place.

I wouldn’t be surprised to hear LJ say something along the lines of “we had a look at him last summer but he was unavailable/too expensive” or “we’ve known about him for a while”

Doing my best MA impression again - but it was two summers ago, not last - 

It’s one we looked at 24 months ago. He was out of reach then, but we aware that he came available this month. We took the loan and have an option to purchase in the summer so will pay the same price today as then. It would be a big fee. If he comes in and does well, it will be an acceptable fee in the marketplace. It’s been a challenging week, there has been a number of clubs vying for his signature. It would be up the with the highest fee the club have paid.”

Archived