IGNORED

Loïs Diony - Confirmed Loan Agreed

Negan

Not match fit but worked hard in a thankless role.

Helped alleviate the pressure on the rest of the side as much as he could.

Biggest revelation was he has a decent turn of pace and although not as good as Fammy, he is alright in the air, too.

Very sharp. Didn't get the ball too much but from glimpses I really liked what I saw. You could tell from that ball across the box to Reid he prefers playing in a 2.

Quick, strong and skillful - dare I say reminds me slightly of a Kodjia/Famara hybrid in his style!

Looking forward to seeing more of him. Glad he wasn't injured over in the corner, looked nasty.

looked very bright and aware when the ball was around him.  I think he will cause defenders plenty of problems....  but

I'd imagine LJ was doing his nut in with his jogging approach to closing down, when the rest of the team were busting a gut he was appearing to be making an effort, but not really.  I think he must have got a rollicking from the sidelines as the last few minutes he certainly up his work rate in chasing back. 

Early days, looks promising, needs to play our  game, not his game and up the work rate if hes going to work out here.  He is gonna need a few weeks here until he gets used to "The Press" that we play, I hope he is up for it, if he is he could prove to be a very good acquisition (based on first impressions)

5 minutes ago, TRL said:

looked very bright and aware when the ball was around him.  I think he will cause defenders plenty of problems....  but

I'd imagine LJ was doing his nut in with his jogging approach to closing down, when the rest of the team were busting a gut he was appearing to be making an effort, but not really.  I think he must have got a rollicking from the sidelines as the last few minutes he certainly up his work rate in chasing back. 

Early days, looks promising, needs to play our  game, not his game and up the work rate if hes going to work out here.  He is gonna need a few weeks here until he gets used to "The Press" that we play, I hope he is up for it, if he is he could prove to be a very good acquisition (based on first impressions)

I doubt he’s match fit - didn’t play at ASSE for a few weeks. Also, maybe that was his instructions - we were 2-0 up then so maybe happier for them to have the ball.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I doubt he’s match fit - didn’t play at ASSE for a few weeks. Also, maybe that was his instructions - we were 2-0 up then so maybe happier for them to have the ball.

I initially thought that, until after many minutes of finger pointing and shouting he kind of woke up to the defensive efforts of his colleagues :)

1 hour ago, Crackers Corner said:

Thought he gave them a lot of problems was really unlucky with the 121 with the keeper

Thought he looked class. Good touch, movement. Strong and will score goals. Hard to judge after today with ten men. Dare I say it would love to see him and Diedhiou but where does Bobby go? Good to have options. Diedhiou was rusty first half but as the game went on was a real handful. Nice to see him and Diony walking around the ground together at the end clapping the fans. 

41 minutes ago, TRL said:

I initially thought that, until after many minutes of finger pointing and shouting he kind of woke up to the defensive efforts of his colleagues :)

Haha, well in that case we can probably give him a pass for today given he’s only been our player for 48 hours. 

Remember how different Kent looked vs Norwich compared to today after a couple of weeks learning our system.

Funny situation to come into with the 10 men but also winning.

1 hour ago, Red Exile said:

Pacy. Handful. Very nearly beat the keeper to a one on one. Exciting signing I'd say. 

Might have the incidents the wrong way round, but that was shortly after he was hacked by Onuoha wasn't it?

He was limping for a good while after that tackle- I'd go so far as to say that it played a part in him not getting there ahead of the goalkeeper.

11 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Might have the incidents the wrong way round, but that was shortly after he was hacked by Onuoha wasn't it?

He was limping for a good while after that tackle- I'd go so far as to say that it played a part in him not getting there ahead of the goalkeeper.

Think the one on one came first.

Archived