IGNORED

Loïs Diony - Confirmed Loan Agreed

Negan

A few on hear worried about no championship experience, but equally championship deference have no experience of him, how he plays or his strengths and weaknesses. I know youtube clips can probable make any player look good, but I like what I see, he looks very strong which you need in this league and speed causes a problem anywhere

9 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Well that's what I've been saying all along. You need quality proven players to supplement what we have. Don't see the difference!!

You need quality. Whether they’re proven or not is by the by. 

Are you saying you’d rather have a big name who is involved in 10 goals than an unknown who is involved in 15?

2 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

A few on hear worried about no championship experience, but equally championship deference have no experience of him, how he plays or his strengths and weaknesses. I know youtube clips can probable make any player look good, but I like what I see, he looks very strong which you need in this league and speed causes a problem anywhere

True, but I just think a foreign import is a greater risk in January. If you look at last January we signed Bailey Wright who fit in really well from the off whereas Hegeler and Djuric didn't and have hardly featured and as such cannot be considered successful signings (at the moment). The summer is different as you have pre-season.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Just going on YouTube highlights, he looks quick and strong, but technique looks a bit dodgy. Its good if we are getting him on loan first, as we can see if he is the right DNA. Can't be having any more tomlin's. What I don't get is, if loads of clubs want him, then how have we managed to get him on loan. Surely they'd be more interested in selling him straight away, rather than waiting to see if we fancy buying him at the end of the season. 

Regarding your last couple of sentences, it could simply be that the other clubs only want him on loan now as well? We’re willing to pay more of his wages? We’ve apparently agreed a potential transfer fee already, should things go well, maybe the way we are willing to pay those fees have won it for us? And maybe it’s our league position & extra stature gained from being on TV more regularly have made it easy for the player to decide we play the way he wants to play? It could be that having signed Diedhiou from the same league / country that he’s impressed with us managing to attract him?

There could be any number of reasons & that is why we have MA doing what he’s doing, to convince potential signings that Bristol City are the right club for them, we are a very secure club (financially) & are very much a club heading in the right direction. What’s not to like?

40 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’ve given up on giving my opinion on stuff. If LJ thinks he’s a good’un, then that’s enough for me

Fordy- I love it when you give your opinion  but even more so when you give an opinion on your opinion and would be seriously gutted if you stopped doing this particularly when it helps me feel  much more comfortable  about giving mine :thumbsup:

Fordy Posted July 14, 2017

I really don't like feeling like this, but I'm not sure there's anything he can do. Don't get me wrong, I'd like him to do well... who wouldn't want their team to do well? But I just don't like him. For me, last season caused irreconcilable differences between me as a fan and him. The smarminess, the failure to shoulder any responsibility when things were going bad and just generally the fact that he's treated completely differently to any other manager we've ever had. 

I hope I can change my mind. I hope Johnson can change it for me. But as of this time, I find the fact that he is in charge of our football club utterly repulsive. 

There. I've said it. 

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Mixed. 

This was our chance to really go for it & push for automatic promotion, yet we’ve signed 3 players that haven’t played in this league before. Albeit Kent has, but he needs 3/4 games until he’s fit. 

He only joined them in the summer and has only started two games all season. 

Don’t have a good feeling about this personally. 

So, we've signed 2 players that haven't signed in this league before, and one that has, with a lot of success, with a lot of competition for him.

Is "going for it" only defined by us signing Benik Afobe? I think we've definitely gone for it.

56 minutes ago, Negan said:

Don’t you love rumours like this, a player no one has heard of before, gets linked randomly on twitter and the next thing it’s a goer :laugh: better than the ones where were linked for months on end or season after season. Still waiting for us to sign Buzsaky 

It's a little more than some ' random ' tweets . 

Archived