IGNORED

Loïs Diony - Confirmed Loan Agreed

Negan

21 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Can someone with FM 18 look him up on there? Interested to see his attributes as it gives an impression about the type of player he is

@hodge @JamesBCFC?

Can anyone who speaks fluent FM 18 now decipher the screenshots put on here and give a Oui or Non please as I’m even more confused now. :laughcont:

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

Can anyone who speaks fluent FM 18 now decipher the screenshots put on here and give a Oui or Non please as I’m even more confused now. :laughcont:

Very much a oui! All the good things about Kodjia but younger and cleverer. Premier League quality attributes based on that.

Before anyone says ‘it’s only a computer game’ I’m aware of that - but it’s a very good tool for getting a snapshot of a player.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

According to those attributes he’s the cleverer  and more disciplined player which is reassuring. Similarly quick and adept at dribbling. Could be exciting to watch.

It’s more cleverer, actually :laugh: 

Sounds an exciting player to me. Looking forward to seeing what he can do. I’d say the fact that we have an option to buy if we go up suggests the club are pretty excited by it. 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Sounds an exciting player to me. Looking forward to seeing what he can do. I’d say the fact that we have an option to buy if we go up suggests the club are pretty excited by it. 

Indeed it does but nothing yet on the OS but he could be the one LJ was referring to in his pre match interview.

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

Very good championship player. Current ability is 127 which would be top end Champ player or bottom end Prem, for comparison Kodjia has 130 current ability. Would probably be our best rated player in the squad if he's not downgraded when the transfers get updated

Bournemouth were linked with him in the summer.

The Ligue 1 side is reportedly demanding something in the region of £13m for their prized asset, who has 10 goals and assisted eight times in 35 league outings. The 24-year-old has caught the eyes of numerous other clubs across Europe and Bournemouth will do extremely well to win the race to land him.

Dijon have finished the French domestic league in the 16th position and Diony played a significant role in helping them stay the top-flight football. A centre-forward by nature, he can also play in the right winger’s role and his versatility could be a huge asset for Howe, who already has hardworking forwards like Joshua King and Benik Afobe up front.

An academy product of FC Girondins Bordeaux, Diony has spent time with clubs like FC Nantes and Stade Montois before Dijon picked him up in the winter of 2014. Diony is known for his dribbling abilities and perfectly measured long-shots. Alongside the likes of Junior Stanislas, Ryan Fraser and Calum Wilson, he could fire Bournemouth to a better finish in the table next season.

25 minutes ago, CityLew said:

We really need a French-speaking user on here :laugh:

It says roughly: "He's making his own mess. Championship has a lot of international TV rights so it's clear how he sees his own career developing. Not scored with ASSE, ruined his last games at Dijon by preparing his exit before the end of the season, while their other striker continued bust a gut. No regrets, not got a good mentality, but he was an asset at Dijon when he was motivated."

Hopefully he can find his scoring boots for the second half of the season and replicate the form he had at Dijon. I thin that's what the clubs sniffing around him are hoping. Has a high ceiling, just needs to reach it.

More concerned about attitude tbh. Our 'no d***heads' dressing room has had a positive impact on the team.

19 minutes ago, westonred said:

Some more' ;) 

Dès que je les ai vus courir sur le terrain dans un jeu récent dans leurs chemises bleues et blanches, je savais qu'ils étaient l'équipe pour moi

Since I saw them run on the ground in a recent game in their blue and white shirts I knew they were the team for me.

He doesn't think he will be wearing the famous blue and white quarters does he?  :facepalm:

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

That’s a team of the season card suggesting he was one of the stand out strikers of the entire division. 

Yep... this looks like a great signing the more we dig! It just hasn't happened for him this year at a "bigger" club. Cant wait to see him pull on the shirt so we can see just how good he is! Full trust in LJ and the scouting team. 

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

That’s a team of the season card suggesting he was one of the stand out strikers of the entire division. 

This is sounding a bit too good to be true. Hope it just his not settling for whatever reason at his last club that’s making others cautious. Maybe other clubs will see what he does with us and then swoop if he is a success, how watertight are deals (ask the Gas). But I guess in our case it could be that Fortune favours the Brave?:fingerscrossed:

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

He was 15th in the top scorers list with 11 goals and 11th in the assists list with 7 assists. Dijon finished 2 points outside the automatic relegation places, with the same number of points as my French team, Metz. Now i didn't see Dijon play much but Metz were pretty dreadful for much of the season. Looks like he might have been one of the loan bright lights in a bad side. Ismaiila Saar who was that player for Metz got a transfer to Rennes for a similar price as Diony went to the Stephanois.

Saar is, for what it is worth, excellent. Another Sadio Mane style player of the Metz production line.

2 minutes ago, MetzRed said:

He was 15th in the top scorers list with 11 goals and 11th in the assists list with 7 assists. Dijon finished 2 points outside the automatic relegation places, with the same number of points as my French team, Metz. Now i didn't see Dijon play much but Metz were pretty dreadful for much of the season. Looks like he might have been one of the loan bright lights in a bad side. Ismaiila Saar who was that player for Metz got a transfer to Rennes for a similar price as Diony went to the Stephanois.

Saar is, for what it is worth, excellent. Another Sadio Mane style player of the Metz production line.

How much did Diony go to St Etienne for?

Archived