IGNORED

Loïs Diony - Confirmed Loan Agreed

Negan

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Jimmy - I don't follow the French press but if they're like our press over here then it's likely to be an inflated rumour.

You buy it if you must but to an experienced City supporter the only 100% proof is when it's announced on the OS.

I'm getting the impression that you may be a bit sceptical old bean?

37 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That's not proof. Maybe the guy is pushing for the deal and announced it to pressure  on the negotiations 

If he held himself out as employed by Bristol City on social media when he is not then I would bet my mortgage that the legal team would have been on to him very, very quickly. 

It is so inconceivable that's a non-suggestion. 

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You didn't need to. You're completely convinced but with only flimsy and unreliable sources.         :disapointed2se:

Knowing what someone has posted on social media can be, in instances, very strong and reliable evidence. Ask Gary Johnson through your veil to mask your true identity. 

Edit: I do apologise for the cheap shot. The problem RR is I cant put you on ignore because when you play ball I enjoy your posts, and there is amongst your forest of crap occassionally a tree worth looking at. It is just so frustrating when you play up a tosser for the sake of it. 

13 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Knowing what someone has posted on social media can be, in instances, very strong and reliable evidence. 

Just as much of social media is complete bollocks.

I said previously that the only 100% proof will be via the OS along with photo of the player holding up a City shirt.

5 hours ago, Tom said:

The thing I like about watching his extensive Dijon highlights (in Ligue 1) is his team play and his tireless motor. The amount of times the ball should have gone out and he hustled and got the ball back in to the six yard box/in one case scored a bizarre goal from a very tight angle. The drive reminded me a bit more of a slightly taller and more physical Bobby than the "classic" centre forwards we've had in Kodjia and Diedhiou.

Pretty surprised in a good way that we've got him tbh, if he can regain confidence he should tear up the division.

More importantly though what is the great song on this video? I just bloody love it, ear worm of a riff and lyrics that just speak to my heart. I just want to get in my car, go to HMV, snatch the CD off the shelf and put it on repeat for days and days.

It's not official until it's announced but it does seem like an awful lot of talk about this which would suggest he's certainly the target. I'm still not sure what I think about him, he's certainly not the "big name" that many suggested we may get, at least not to me.

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

It's not official until it's announced but it does seem like an awful lot of talk about this which would suggest he's certainly the target. I'm still not sure what I think about him, he's certainly not the "big name" that many suggested we may get, at least not to me.

No, I agree, but perhaps, just perhaps, he's not the big name anyway.  There were lots of assumptions that  the 'big name' would be a forward - hence Afobe.  Just because this bloke is a forward/ striker doesn't therefore mean that he is the'big name'.  How about we getDiony and a midfielder who is the 'big name'?  No ITK involved here....just a thought

11 minutes ago, BigTone said:

And in equal portions it might not

Indeed. But I never said that this deal was! I was trying to make the point to Robbo that his mantra of ‘it can’t be done unless it’s on the OS’ is nonsense - it’s like saying your house move isn’t complete until you’ve written about it on Facebook. 

2 minutes ago, bcdc said:

No, I agree, but perhaps, just perhaps, he's not the big name anyway.  There were lots of assumptions that  the 'big name' would be a forward - hence Afobe.  Just because this bloke is a forward/ striker doesn't therefore mean that he is the'big name'.  How about we getDiony and a midfielder who is the 'big name'?  No ITK involved here....just a thought

I would say he's the safe bet as the big name, Premier League club after him not long ago, big money paid for him (£4m more than our transfer record).
if we loan him with a view to buy the chances are we're paying at least £9m for him being as he's only moved to St-Etienne this season for that amount, I honestly don't see him not being the big name with that kind of money involved, even if they took a £4m loss on him he'd still be equalling our current record transfer.

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Indeed. But I never said that this deal was! I was trying to make the point to Robbo that his mantra of ‘it can’t be done unless it’s on the OS’ is nonsense - it’s like saying your house move isn’t complete until you’ve written about it on Facebook. 

Um, no it isn't.  BCFC are the employer and the 2 situations are poles apart.

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Stop digging...:mf_sleep:

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

I would say he's the safe bet as the big name, Premier League club after him not long ago, big money paid for him (£4m more than our transfer record).
if we loan him with a view to buy the chances are we're paying at least £9m for him being as he's only moved to St-Etienne this season for that amount, I honestly don't see him not being the big name with that kind of money involved, even if they took a £4m loss on him he'd still be equalling our current record transfer.

He may have a high monetary valuation, but is that the same as a big name?  Can you be a big name if almost no-one has ever heard of you?  

1 minute ago, bcdc said:

He may have a high monetary valuation, but is that the same as a big name?  Can you be a big name if almost no-one has ever heard of you?  

Of course he's going to be a big name if he's signed for £9m as he'd be the highest paid transfer in our history. Just because many don't know who he is that doesn't stop him being a big name signing if we pay £9m for him. I doubt very much that LJ is looking to sign a big name and the "one more" happens to be a £9m striker....

11 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Um, no it isn't.  BCFC are the employer and the 2 situations are poles apart.

No they’re not. The deal is formally done when the relevant paperwork is signed and filed etc. Much like in any other transaction. 

When it's announces on the OS is irrelevant. The Eliasson deal was done at least 8 hours before the official announcement, for example. 

I genuinely don’t know how anyone is struggling with this concept?! 

Archived