IGNORED

is it beter to be 2 - 1 down than 2 - 1 up

lost black rat

it could be better for us to be 2 - 1 down rather wining 2 - 1 , we go into Tuesdays game knowing we  must win ,  A  draw or defeat and we are out . so the players will go into the game with the attitude of we must attack rather than we must hang on . had we been 2 - 1 up I don't think we would win 2 - 1 down I think we can still win . Its only half time how many times have we seen a team turn a match completely around in the second half . its going to be hard to win as I think man city will put out the strongest team possible ,  but I'm going for city to win 2 - 0 Paterson 67 min and brownhill  86 min                                                                          

56 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

What the **** ?

OP has a point becuase it's only half time. it's not like we've lost 3 pts a loss usually means this and can distort things negatively.

ManC may rest a couple of superstars now, it will be those seemingly small things that we need in order to progress. 1-1 or 2-1 we still need to score to win. 

the only way this might of made sense to me is if  Man City had battered us for 90mins and somehow only get two goals and our goal had been our only shot on goal and very lucky. Then there might have been a chance that Man C decide they have the game won and rest a few players. 

But as things have gone no chance they'll be doing that so I'd much rather be 2-1 up. 

3 hours ago, lost black rat said:

it could be better for us to be 2 - 1 down rather wining 2 - 1 , we go into Tuesdays game knowing we  must win ,  A  draw or defeat and we are out . so the players will go into the game with the attitude of we must attack rather than we must hang on . had we been 2 - 1 up I don't think we would win 2 - 1 down I think we can still win . Its only half time how many times have we seen a team turn a match completely around in the second half . its going to be hard to win as I think man city will put out the strongest team possible ,  but I'm going for city to win 2 - 0 Paterson 67 min and brownhill  86 min                                                                          

The answer to your question is no.

3 hours ago, lost black rat said:

No, because at two one down they have scored more goals than us"...........or to put it another way we have not scored as many goals as them

What I`ve been thinking is would it be a good or bad thing if we scored early, first ten minutes or so? They`d probably throw the kitchen sink at us if we did so the longer it stays at 0-0 would be better for us wouldn`t it? Or would it?

I`m glad I`m not LJ - what would you do in that scenario? Shut up shop or go for it?

**** it, I`d want us to go at them all guns blazing and what will be will be.

COYR and damn the torpedoes!

4 hours ago, CiderHider said:

OP has a point becuase it's only half time. it's not like we've lost 3 pts a loss usually means this and can distort things negatively.

ManC may rest a couple of superstars now, it will be those seemingly small things that we need in order to progress. 1-1 or 2-1 we still need to score to win. 

1-1 we lose!

I'd rather we were level but I was having an interesting conversation yesterday with a Man City supporting friend. His view, which I agree with, is that the earlier we score on Tuesday (assuming we do), the more time we give Man City to respond and Man City falling behind in the tie could motivate them and end up pushing them to go on and win the match.

However, if we managed to hold on until relatively late and then grab a goal, that could put Man City on the rocks, cause them to commit loads of players forward to take the tie and give us the space to grab a second.

I obviously don't think we should actively avoid scoring early but a first goal in, say, the 85th minute might end up being a very good thing...

Archived