IGNORED

Interesting debate other side of the severn

DT The Optimist

Some regulars on here making comments like robbored are simply juvenile. There is another very regular, *ob*ob*obsuper*ob where * could be an B or a G who simply are negative or purile.

Thank goodness most posts are factual, humourous or relevant to City fans  which is why we come on here.

Glad to see Tomlin was not just 'our problem' and always pleased to read Bardiff having problems.

When the Welsh fall out of contention this season anyone betting on Warnocks next club? 

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He’s been better in 2018.  I think OTIB signed him as a "not for the now", but I think after 26,000 posts he might have found some form.

Ship him off to Cheltenham, his likes per post ratio is less than 1 in 5. We need to be buying proven talent.

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Says the man who clicked on a thread including the phrase “on the other side of the Severn”. What were you expecting, Chepstow Town?

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Do Chepstow have a football club?

2 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

Clearly the fact @ChippenhamRed specifically said "Chepstow Town" wasn't enough to penetrate the fog of ignorance mistakenly known as Robboreds brain.

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I'm not sosure about that.  We got a fee, but Idon't think it was anywhere near what we paid for him.

Pathetic excuse for a footballer anyway. Has the talent, but no commitment.

Heard it was 2.5 mill rising to the 3 mill we paid, either way to get any sort of money for him was an achievement in itself

28 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

How we got our money back on him I'll never know, absolute daylight robbery that

We did not. According to Bardiff and Warnock they paid £1.5M. Think it was undisclosed from us.  I am sure will be corrected if wrong.  Looking at the hoo ha I have caused with this thread he might end up at Chepstow :fear:  nearer home. 

Perhaps I was naive but what ex City players, particularly highly topical ones of recent past, is of note and interest. 

Wonder if he will still be there end of the window and face us next month.  We shall see 

2 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

We did not. According to Bardiff and Warnock they paid £1.5M. Think it was undisclosed from us.  I am sure will be corrected if wrong.  Looking at the hoo ha I have caused with this thread he might end up at Chepstow :fear:  nearer home. 

Perhaps I was naive but what ex City players, particularly highly topical ones of recent past, is of note and interest. 

Wonder if he will still be there end of the window and face us next month.  We shall see 

Warnock is well known for making out that transfer fees are lower than they were so if the player is a flop (like tomlin) then it doesn't seem like such a waste of money.

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

Warnock is well known for making out that transfer fees are lower than they were so if the player is a flop (like tomlin) then it doesn't seem like such a waste of money.

Also not shy of taking a cut from players appearance fees.....allegedly

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He’s been better in 2018.  I think OTIB signed him as a "not for the now", but I think after 26,000 posts he might have found some form.

He plays a pressing game but can he sustain the energy and intensity required by OTIB these days?

3 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

I see our Welsh friends have an interesting debate about Cardiffs worst signings.

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=192230

Our old friend Mr Tomlin features quite a bit on it.  I looked at the Sheffield  Wednesday game on the box Saturday and saw Tomlin was not even on the bench.   ( a bit of digging reveals he has a slight knee issue after an innocuous challenge in training, or so it is reported......)

While looking it has been reported in Peterborough (local press) that he 'might' be on offer as part of a deal with their star striker  Jack Marriott.  Hhhmmmm.  Could all be 'fake news' but Bardiff have just purchased (or loaned) another midfielder, and makes you wonder if the writing is on the wall again for Tomlin.   It will be interesting to see how this all pans out for him.  

I’d suggest that if this happens it will pan out to pad out Tomlin’s bank balance very nicely, in the last couple of seasons he’s moved from Middlesbrough to Bournemouth, Bournemouth to us, us to Cardiff & now potentially to Peterborough. 

To the best of my knowledge, he has never asked to go on the transfer list so he will have picked up a fair bit in signing-on fee’s & apart from his time at Middlesbrough (a few years ago), he has done very little to earn his likely high wages & everything that went along with them in his contracts!

If ever there was an advert for why clubs should be paying players on a performance related deals, this is it.

If he does go back to Peterborough, he’ll be seen as a hero to their supporters, I wonder how long it’ll take before it all turns sour?

2 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Some regulars on here making comments like robbored are simply juvenile. There is another very regular, *ob*ob*obsuper*ob where * could be an B or a G who simply are negative or purile.

Thank goodness most posts are factual, humourous or relevant to City fans  which is why we come on here.

Glad to see Tomlin was not just 'our problem' and always pleased to read Bardiff having problems.

When the Welsh fall out of contention this season anyone betting on Warnocks next club? 

Well, there was a fair few wanted him here when LJ was appointed :whistle:

30 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

got to admit, when we sold Tomlin to Cardiff a large part of me feared it could be a Cantona to Man Utd-style masterstroke. Pretty happy how my prediction has turned out so far mind. 

His skills haven’t diminished since the transfer

Archived