IGNORED

BCFC v MCFC

Dolman Block B

I'd love us to turn them over.....My heart says yes....My head says no......I'll be at AG on Tuesday evening filled with hope and admiration for a team that has fought it's way (against the odds) to the latter stages of this competition. Regardless of the result on Tuesday  I believe that this cup run has undoubtedly brought this team together and given our fans a reason for believing in the club after the difficulties faced last season.

What a journey.....23 Dec 17 may (hopefully not) be the pinnacle of this cup run.....but I'll never forget KS turning in the box and belting the ball into the back of the net......#tothegrave

I share the optimism of others......we're due these bast*rds a doing........let's give it to them......COYRs!

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Just had a look at their forum and cor, do you think this prat actually watched the other game?

ce1d472a9fa58ba3314182797bec342b.png

Probably had his eye on the TV, while beings on facebook groups like Paddy Power, JOE,  bet365 stating how sh** Man United are, just like most plastic fans who have never seen their team play. 

34 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

I'd love us to turn them over.....My heart says yes....My head says no......I'll be at AG on Tuesday evening filled with hope and admiration for a team that has fought it's way (against the odds) to the latter stages of this competition. Regardless of the result on Tuesday  I believe that this cup run has undoubtedly brought this team together and given our fans a reason for believing in the club after the difficulties faced last season.

What a journey.....23 Dec 17 may (hopefully not) be the pinnacle of this cup run.....but I'll never forget KS turning in the box and belting the ball into the back of the net......#tothegrave

I share the optimism of others......we're due these bast*rds a doing........let's give it to them......COYRs!

23rd Dec..?!

35 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Read the first 3 pages of the pre match thread, yet to see anyone on there who is better than cluesless about us.

You might even say that about Pep....."City have some good footballers, Pack, and.........Wright" :whistle:

I don’t think they did their homework on us.  They might have expected that as a footballing side we’d defend like Wolves did, but we didn’t.

7 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

They are a fantastic football club with talented world class players and a manager I personally think is the best in the world

But we have a chance 

A great chance 

You could probably argue they aren't the best club side in the world, however that could be countered by the fact they are yet to win anything.

13 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Come back to me after they have won the Champions League and I'll maybe agree with you. Limitations hugely exposed by Liverpool last week which says it all.

I don’t need to ‘come back to you’ in the future....limitations ‘hugely exposed’ by Liverpool, not when they beat the scousers 5-0 at home in Sept 2017...and they went the whole 2017 calendar year unbeaten at home....and have only lost one game this season in the Premier League, the same number of games that PSG has lost, whilst Real Madrid has lost four games....as I said, I ain’t gonna ‘come back to you’ - Man City are a fantastic side with the best manager....

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Forget Hull City at Wembley, this is our biggest match since Forest in 1989. COYR  :chant6ez:

Although the play off final v Hull comes close, there is no doubt in my mind that this is our biggest game EVER !

Playing the best team in Europe for a Wembley Cup Final place - it does not get better.

As Man Utd will definitely remember - we are capable of beating top PL teams. 

I admit, I am just talking this up, but that is the attitude we (all) need going into this game.

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don’t need to ‘come back to you’ in the future....limitations ‘hugely exposed’ by Liverpool, not when they beat the scousers 5-0 at home in Sept 2017...and they went the whole 2017 calendar year unbeaten at home....and have only lost one game this season in the Premier League, the same number of games that PSG has lost, whilst Real Madrid has lost four games....as I said, I ain’t gonna ‘come back to you’ - Man City are a fantastic side with the best manager....

I know I support LFC, but that was against 10-men....Salah high foot, just gone one-up having seen Liverpool create (and fail to take) the better chances.  No way was that a 5-0 if it stayed 11v11.

Man City might be the best footballing side in the world....I like watching them as a neutral as much as I did the Arsenal team of Henry, Pires, Bergkamp, Vieira etc.  But very easy to challenge "best team in the world".  Over two legs in the latter stages of the Champions League, they will have the chance to show their credentials.  There are sides in Europe who won’t let them have 65-85% possession and their defence will be seriously tested.  Easier to defend 15-35% possession!

When that possession stats becomes more equal we’ll see whether they can score enough with 50% to overcome how many they concede having defend half the game.

I hope they do go to prove it, but I think it’s premature at this point to give them the accolade "by a country mile".

Archived