IGNORED

BCFC v MCFC

Dolman Block B

5 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'm just hoping for a referee that crumbles under the pressure of the home crowd...

Preferably one who’s just found out that his wife has been screwing Pep Guardiola for the past 6 months and that Pep was the one who ran over his dog whilst sneaking out of a “rendezvous” in The Ref’s marital bed..! 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don’t need to ‘come back to you’ in the future....limitations ‘hugely exposed’ by Liverpool, not when they beat the scousers 5-0 at home in Sept 2017...and they went the whole 2017 calendar year unbeaten at home....and have only lost one game this season in the Premier League, the same number of games that PSG has lost, whilst Real Madrid has lost four games....as I said, I ain’t gonna ‘come back to you’ - Man City are a fantastic side with the best manager....

And to be fair, the French league is about as competitive as the SPL

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Totally respect your views as always Dave, but this thread was about ‘best team in Europe’.....

..... and we won't be playing in Europe until next season ;)

47 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

And to be fair, the French league is about as competitive as the SPL

Yes.

Because trips to Monaco, Lyon, Marseille, Nice are a picnic. Plus the home games are a cakewalk...Various random away games can trip the unwary up there too.

It's not a great league but not quite as easy as it seems...

Little thing, don't take at full face value all you see on Sky about the whole superiority of PL in all respects. :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

I love the fact some Man City lads are actually worried about coming to the Gate! Jesus, that got to be a first

They've no need to be....our form book of late doesn't make pretty reading.thought we were starting to look like a tired side again v Derby but got away with it.we will be lifted by the occasion but ultimately itt'l be huff 'n puff & a fairly routine night for Man City..

The guys have done fantastic,praiseworthy indeed-when its all over lets get back to work v QPR on Saturday.

14 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

They are a fantastic football club with talented world class players and a manager I personally think is the best in the world

But we have a chance 

A great chance 

The game will essentially be treated as a cup final by us and the fans, which means anything can happen.

Does anyone think there's a chance Diedhiou might start?

Steele

Wright Flint Baker Bryan

Brownhill Smith Pack Paterson

Reid Diedhiou

Any chance of that or are we expecting the same XI that started against Derby? I'm guessing FF might sit this one out - have not heard how bad the groin is.

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Does anyone think there's a chance Diedhiou might start?

Steele

Wright Flint Baker Bryan

Brownhill Smith Pack Paterson

Reid Diedhiou

Any chance of that or are we expecting the same XI that started against Derby? I'm guessing FF might sit this one out - have not heard how bad the groin is.

I reckon Fammy will be a sub, sent on to terrify that Mangala :yes:

22 minutes ago, Icelandic Clap said:

I see it the other way around. Start him, whilst we are still in with some hope. IF we go 2 down on the night and the tie is over, then take him off to rest up. 

36 minutes ago, Icelandic Clap said:

Is Mangala expected to start?  On the MCFC forum they seem to mostly want/expect Otamendi and Stones v us and then Mangala in for Cardiff.  Although one lad wants Mangala on to combat our "giants at the back"...not sure he watched the first leg.

13 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I see it the other way around. Start him, whilst we are still in with some hope. IF we go 2 down on the night and the tie is over, then take him off to rest up. 

Agree. If fit then I would lean towards starting him for two reasons. Firstly, as you suggest, I think it is crucial that we score first and having some proper support for Bobby Reid should help that.  My second reason is that Diedhiou did not play in the first leg and thus is not someone that Man City know. He could surprise them. 

Come 65 minutes we will either be looking to hold onto a clean sheet - in which case he's off for a midfielder/defender or we will want fresh legs up top anyway as we'll be desperate for a goal - so switch him for an attacker.

7 minutes ago, bluehuw said:

Afternoon Bristolians, or whatever you call yourselves?

Am coming down for the match tomorrow, can you point me in the direction of an away fan friendly pub?

Thanks

Pumphouse, Nova Scotia. They're both great for away fans. Only a short walk to the stadium then.

16 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

I love the fact some Man City lads are actually worried about coming to the Gate! Jesus, that got to be a first

We wouldn't be Manchester City fans if we weren't worried, it's in our blood. This is a team that went 0-1 up at Birmingham in the 90th minute, and still lost the game 2-1 :D

15 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

Come back to me after they have won the Champions League and I'll maybe agree with you. Limitations hugely exposed by Liverpool last week which says it all.

If by limitations, you mean the three individual errors that led to Liverpool's 2nd, 3rd and 4th goals, I'll give you that, no manager can control such instances, many teams would have given up at that point, yet we still nearly salvaged a draw out of it.

Fwiw, I don't believe we are in the top 3 in Europe personally, and with a poorer side a few years back, we were a deflected Gareth Bale goal away from a first appearance in a final against Atletico Madrid.

How can anyone support two teams, Liverpool and Bristol City, seriously? :D

9 minutes ago, MCFC said:

We wouldn't be Manchester City fans if we weren't worried, it's in our blood. This is a team that went 0-1 up at Birmingham in the 90th minute, and still lost the game 2-1 :D

You expecting more or less to play the same team as you did in the first game?

Archived