IGNORED

BCFC v MCFC

Dolman Block B

11 minutes ago, MCFC said:

I think, and hope that Pep will go full strength for this one, we don't play Cardiff until Sunday, so plenty of rest time.

I assume "full strength" means the team you put out on Saturday?  Personally I could only see Zinchenko - who I believe started due to Delph being injured - as a "Not really full strength" player.

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I assume "full strength" means the team you put out on Saturday?  Personally I could only see Zinchenko - who I believe started due to Delph being injured - as a "Not really full strength" player.

Yep, Zinchenko had a decent game really, was unlucky to be caught out of position for their goal, unusually KdB gave the ball away on the edge of their box which led to it.

1 minute ago, MCFC said:

Yep, Zinchenko had a decent game really, was unlucky to be caught out of position for their goal, unusually KdB gave the ball away on the edge of their box which led to it.

First half positions for Manchester City v Newcastle

This graphic from the BBC is mad.  Surely you've got to be asking Ederson why he's sitting so deep!

Hope tomorrow is a cracker, enjoy the game!

2 minutes ago, MCFC said:

Expect bravo will be in goal?

6 hours ago, myol'man said:

It's gonna be gurt windy ☔ 

Does that mean we can count on the now customary aborted landing for a Manc team followed by a coach trip round the Westcountry? Hopefully the precious over-pampered Premiership players will be really upset about that.

45 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Pump House,bit posh,Nova Scotia,bit rough and ready but some decent, cheap cider.

The Nova Scotia is a little bit of parsdice placed on Earth, rough and ready my arse. Have you tried the ham egg and chips, the sausage sandwiches, not to mention the selections of ciders and real ale ?

Go to the naughty step this instance

Ah sure we're just delighted to be allowed to play Manchester Blue - the world's best ever team - on their way to the quadruple. I imagine our players will be too busy looking forward to getting selfies and swapping jerseys with their superstars afterwards to be able to focus on putting in a good performance and I for one wouldn't blame them for that.

1 hour ago, MCFC said:

We wouldn't be Manchester City fans if we weren't worried, it's in our blood. This is a team that went 0-1 up at Birmingham in the 90th minute, and still lost the game 2-1 :D

Aww poor you. It must be really tough..! 

14 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Obviously Man City are better on paper, but some of their players will be facing pressure like they've never experienced before. 

People might laugh, but I wasn't joking. Playing an overwhelming underdog for a place at Wembley and the chance to pick up their first trophy under Pep, and all in front of the TV cameras, they daren't lose. I'm also not convinced they will have experienced an atmosphere like it in the Premier League. With it being one of our most important games ever, it'll be an absolute cauldron.

That's not to say Man City aren't still huge favourites.

1 hour ago, bluehuw said:

Afternoon Bristolians, or whatever you call yourselves?

Am coming down for the match tomorrow, can you point me in the direction of an away fan friendly pub?

Thanks

Five of us that are staying over are starting in the centre around dinner (thinking about trying Bavarian Beerhouse to start with relatively near hotel does anyone know if its any good? )  then onto pump house I think as recommended on a previous chat. Think from there we are meeting in either spoons or Tobacco Factory with the rest coming down for the day.  Think the last one is the nearest away friendly pub.  

6 minutes ago, ManchesterIsBlue said:

Five of us that are staying over are starting in the centre around dinner (thinking about trying Bavarian Beerhouse to start with relatively near hotel does anyone know if its any good? )  then onto pump house I think as recommended on a previous chat. Think from there we are meeting in either spoons or Tobacco Factory with the rest coming down for the day.  Think the last one is the nearest away friendly pub.  

Thanks a lot, much appreciated

I'm sure I read that the Bavarian Beerhouse is closed now. I haven't been that way for a while but maybe someone else can confirm.

If it is then there's no shortage of pubs down there so it won't particularly inconvenience you.

Bedminster cricket club 300 yards from ground, a lot of away fans park there and in the field next door, £10 to park in the field though so be warned look it up on google earth.

9 minutes ago, ManchesterIsBlue said:

Which Spoons after the Pump House? Not many nearby...one in central Bedminster but you'll go well past AG to get there from the Pump House.  Friendly suggestion for a river-based Centre to AG pub crawl would be: Dukes (just over road from Beerhouse which I think is shutdown) > Myrtle Tree/Bag O'Nails > Grain Barge > Pump House > Nova Scotia > Tobacco Factory > AG.

9 minutes ago, MCFC said:

You've already proven what a pathetic person you are, with your disgusting post earlier.

I have no wish to spend any more time conversing with such a lowlife.

You mean the tongue in cheek joke, about how one of your players names COULD be (mis)pronounced..?

Get over yourself you patronising glory boy tosser! 

13 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Which Spoons after the Pump House? Not many nearby...one in central Bedminster but you'll go well past AG to get there from the Pump House.  Friendly suggestion for a river-based Centre to AG pub crawl would be: Dukes (just over road from Beerhouse which I think is shutdown) > Myrtle Tree/Bag O'Nails > Grain Barge > Pump House > Nova Scotia > Tobacco Factory > AG.

Thank to the three who let me know it was shut down, just seen it on google as a fan of Wheat beer I'm sure I wont struggle regardless.  Think I will be trying something along the lines of this then. I only mention spoons cos of the group that we are meeting, they have two of our tickets said a spoons or that Tobacco factory will be where we are meeting, so guess it will be tobacco factory. they could actually be parking at the cricket club mentioned so will need to check.  

Should be a good piss up regardless, first time to Bristol. Last time I was anywhere near there was Swansea earlier this year, anything has got to be better than that shite Harvesters they have as a pre game 'pub'.

7 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

That's nowhere ****** near Bristol.........keep on like that and you upset a few folk. Like saying I was near Manc when I spent a day in Carlisle, well that's oop north ain't it?      :P

It depends though. I live in Brighton and I went to the Swansea game, and Bristol was definitely on the way there. took six and half bastards hours as well.

Anyway enough of Geography for the insane.Thanks to all for the suggestions about pubs and good luck, up to a point, tomorrow.

1 hour ago, MCFC said:

If by limitations, you mean the three individual errors that led to Liverpool's 2nd, 3rd and 4th goals, I'll give you that, no manager can control such instances, many teams would have given up at that point, yet we still nearly salvaged a draw out of it.

Fwiw, I don't believe we are in the top 3 in Europe personally, and with a poorer side a few years back, we were a deflected Gareth Bale goal away from a first appearance in a final against Atletico Madrid.

How can anyone support two teams, Liverpool and Bristol City, seriously? :D

It's the nature of modern glory-hunting football fans unfortunately.  They follow the teams that win League titles and get to Cup Finals.  And they also like Liverpool.

1 hour ago, Grey Fox said:

The Nova Scotia is a little bit of parsdice placed on Earth, rough and ready my arse. Have you tried the ham egg and chips, the sausage sandwiches, not to mention the selections of ciders and real ale ?

Go to the naughty step this instance

Don't get me wrong,Nova over the Pump House any day of the week,spend many a sunny Sunday afternoon there sipping a glass of the orange stuff.

32 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

That's nowhere ****** near Bristol.........keep on like that and you upset a few folk. Like saying I was near Manc when I spent a day in Carlisle, well that's oop north ain't it?      :P

For the majority I will be driving along the same set of roads so close enough for me... With the amount of travelling to Ukraine and the likes I've done this year with city its a walk in the park.

And I did say anywhere near... Think that covers me.

1 hour ago, Super said:

What post?

It was on the possibility of Man City loaning is players thread. 

One of the suggestions was a player of theirs who’s name on first glance sounded like something else. I don’t even know the name, but it was something like “Tossin adarabboyo”

Fammy has to start with Reid in a 5 man midfield. Reid has the fitness and speed to break forward to support Fammy and get back to provide a wall in midfield. With 20 to go, we have to use our subs Mr Johnson. So Walsh on for whoever looks knackered in midfield. Put Kent on for Reid and push Reid forward instead of Fammy as he would be tired. Then with extra time upon us and us winning USE OUR LAST SUB TO SLOW THINGS DOWN. Simples!

Archived