IGNORED

Spot the spelling mistake

ChippenhamRed

18 hours ago, El Hombrecito said:

It's common usage in British English to use the plural verb for collective nouns.

For example, you wouldn't say "Manchester City is travelling to Bristol City tomorrow night", you'd say "Manchester City are travelling to Bristol City tomorrow night".

Whatever the correct use, let’s hope they are/is travelling to Bristol City then as, if they are, we can rack up a huge score before they arrive.

11 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Blimey. Pedantry in the extreme. I think most people understood the point I was making. Perhaps you'd rather Korey Smith had put his shot wide so you didn't have to go to a cup semi final and didn't have to pay £4 for a programme again.

I personally, was joking - a larger programme would require deeper pockets for storage

The United one was very good to be fair to the club, well worth £4 and you would pay that for a magazine (which would not be memorabilia from a high point of recent years)

11 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

I’m seriously debating whether I can now bring myself to .......................

Had to reread the first part of your post (above) DM .......  'blimey, she's getting over excited already', I thought, 'don't peak too soon..' 

Then I realised, as I read on ..'oh, she's just getting a bit hot over the match day programme,'  

Have A Great Day, Day..... whatever happens tonight the whole of Bristol will be 'match debating' this one! COYR's!!!

:clapping::chant6ez:   :city:   :chant6ez::clapping:

C  O  :thumbsup: Y R 

Archived