IGNORED

Flags

Super

Not a fan of these "provided" flags.

It all's a bit too staged for me.

I dread the day they hand out those crappy clappy-clicker things that you see at Leicester and Huddersfield.

Having said that, I hope all those of you who enjoy this sort of thing, go delirious and wave yourselves into a manic frenzy if we cause an upset tomorrow night - but please, no frothing at the mouth.

Finally got round to getting my own flag printed, something I can take home and away with the brother on our travels from Plymouth! What's the best way to hang these, I don't stand in S82 (unfortunately) but how easy is it to get in there to hang the flag and retrieve after? 

Finished article attached below, it's a fairly decent size too. Very happy with it!

IMG_2919.JPG

1 minute ago, ollywhyte said:

Finally got round to getting my own flag printed, something I can take home and away with the brother on our travels from Plymouth! What's the best way to hang these, I don't stand in S82 (unfortunately) but how easy is it to get in there to hang the flag and retrieve after? 

Finished article attached below, it's a fairly decent size too. Very happy with it!

IMG_2919.JPG

Love it . Harry is your man 

20 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

I dread the day they hand out those crappy clappy-clicker things that you see at Leicester and Huddersfield.

Having said that, I hope all those of you who enjoy this sort of thing, go delirious and wave yourselves into a manic frenzy if we cause an upset tomorrow night - but please, no frothing at the mouth.

Is it too late to say “Bah Humbug”?

11 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Same here. I like the stuff S82 do with different designs etc but a load of plastic flags is just a bit too cheesy and forced for my liking, but that’s just my own personal opinion and every time I’ve seen elsewhere - e.g Brighton last season - I thought “what the f is that all about!”

On the other hand, I thought the scarves v Wham(?) was a good shout as it was a bit different.

Anyway, I’m a miserable old get and am sure the kids will love it and if it provides any kind of marginal gain who am I to say. 

14 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Same here. I like the stuff S82 do with different designs etc but a load of plastic flags is just a bit too cheesy and forced for my liking, but that’s just my own personal opinion and every time I’ve seen elsewhere - e.g Brighton last season - I thought “what the f is that all about!”

On the other hand, I thought the scarves v Wham(?) was a good shout as it was a bit different.

Anyway, I’m a miserable old get and am sure the kids will love it and if it provides any kind of marginal gain who am I to say. 

Nah your not being a miserable git, I totally agree.. its a shame S82 displays arnt backed more by the club (like you see on the continent) as i find anything that the club organise themselves always comes across as cheesy.. same goes for the scarves a few years ago 

Hi folks. 

Just wanted to put a couple of things straight. 

Prior to the Man U game, S82 were liaising with the club in the hope of the club putting some funds toward a stadium-wide display. The idea we put forth was to have all stands saturated with red & white foil flags. Unfortunately, the club could only muster a budget of £500 at that time, so this was effectively a non-starter. 

Hats off to @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO who has been in regular contact with S82 since his arrival and has grasped the theory of such a display and taken it forward. Somehow Matt has managed to persuade someone at the club that this sort of thing is worth more than their previous £500, so very well done Matt. 

Matt has taken up the mantle, organised the purchase and the setting up of the display, whilst we in S82 will continue to do our normal bits. 

So, whilst yes this is a club-funded and club-organised display, this has been in complete consultation with S82, and indeed was what we wanted for the Man U game. For those who worry about those clappers and other god-awful things, please rest assured. Whilst S82 are in consultation with Matt, that sort of rubbish will never happen. 

Well done to our new SLO on this one. 

39 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

IMG_2919.JPG

Very similar to mine! Good to see the red/white/black combo

Archived